March 29, 2024, 07:52:34 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Razkit's Random Art  (Read 3386 times)

Offline RaziKitsune

• Character Design Artist
  • PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
Razkit's Random Art
« on: September 15, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »
I had a gallery at one point but it's now full of old projects so here's a fresh gallery! First art piece I want to upload is an OC of mine, Hikari Katsumi. A character that has gone through a lot of changes through the years, lol. I included the steps I took to make the illustration.

ART

Offline RaziKitsune

• PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
Re: Razkit's Random Art
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:10:43 AM »
I've been in a art slump as of lately. Like, when I draw nothing seems to come out right. It's similar to an art block but not at the same time... I mean, I know I haven't really been able to draw for the past 6months till recently but still. The pic above is only full on piece I've accomplished other than scribbles on paper.

Any tips on how to get back into the spirit of drawing?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:26:39 PM »
It's certainly different for everyone, but in my case, I usually writd to music, and music tends to provide a lot of inspiration for scenes. (It's less about the meaning of a song, and more about how it sounds). So when I'm looking for inspiration, I seek out new music. Anything as long as it's different.

So if you have something general that tends to provide inspiration, seek it out in different ways. You never know what you will come across.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline RaziKitsune

• PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:36:15 PM »
I get you and can relate to the music side of things; when I did write I did the same thing lol. I appreciate the tip and will see what I can find to get some inspiration flowing.

With Halloween around the corner maybe I will find something to spark some interest =)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:37:21 PM by RaziKitsune »

Offline Sir Jangos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 03:19:32 PM »
How about a distraction? Sometimes when I'm stuck with ideas I'll put them aside and go do some exercise. You can find inspiration in the strangest places, so maybe go for a nice walk, watch a movie, play some games or just spend some time with some friends.

When I was stuck with this particular character in my story, I asked my friend if he could help me come up with some ideas. We went to the woods on a clear night, climbed up a large rock then stared at the night sky while discussing this character. When we returned from the woods, the character I was having trouble with had become an instant favourite.

So take it easy. You can't rush greatness. When inspiration hits you, it hits you and its always good.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:25:03 PM »
I second the thing about music, it's definitely a huge source of inspiration for me. Honestly though I find that having the right community backing you is probably the best source of motivation/inspiration. Having a group of people to discuss your artwork with, while getting feedback and critique is a great motivator. It keeps you on a constant cycle of: draw, get critique, discuss ideas, draw again, etc etc.

Outside of getting help from other people, something that personally helps me a lot is to go take a look at what your favorite artists are currently doing. It doesn't really inspire ideas but it motivates me to see their work which then gets me motivated enough to sit down and start coming up with ideas. Hope this helps!

Offline RaziKitsune

• PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 06:34:42 PM »
I really appreciate the tips everyone! I'll see if I can update with more art soon =D

Again, thank you Sir Jangos and Devola! 

Offline RaziKitsune

• PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 11:29:30 PM »
Some Halloween spirit art, my main persona dressed up as a witch.

ART

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 08:27:54 AM »
very cute :)
love the pose too, i always try and draw a similar pose but mess it up a lot :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!