March 29, 2024, 05:04:15 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Learning Japanese... in Japan :O  (Read 6452 times)

Offline RaziKitsune

• Character Design Artist
  • PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
Re: Learning Japanese... in Japan :O
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 02:40:10 PM »
That's good! I follow the same plan actually.

On the note of full submerging, I feel that is just another good reason to want to know the basics as much as possible. Otherwise, it'll be like going in blind which is a scary and uncomfortable thought to me.

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 03:20:51 PM »
Agreed. Nothing worse than not knowing something and being unable to ask anyone about it. I think the other reason of going to Japan to learn it from the source is also just to take in the sights XD

Are you planning on living there or are you learning just to know it?

Offline RaziKitsune

• Character Design Artist
  • PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 02:22:57 AM »
Sorry that it took me a little bit to respond. I was busy with work and school and we all know those subjects can be time-consuming.

To answer your question, I plan to visit Japan eventually though most likely not for learning the language but rather for sight seeing at that point. So my reasoning behind learning the language is a mixture of things. The major being the most simple: Just to learn it. I've always had the interest in the Japanese language in culture since I was a kid. Talking around the age of seven here when I officially figured out what anime actually was. Turned out I grew up watching it but never knew that it was titled as such. It took me watching Inuyasha, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and FLCL to realize what it actually was despite growing up watching the first generation of Pokemon, Beyblade, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Dragon Ball, and so forth. As if late though, it's mainly progressed to just wanting to be finally capable of understanding the language. Not just for my love of the animation side but for all of it. History, culture, to make friends, to sight see, so on. I'd be so pleased with myself when I can officially hold a full-on conversation with a native and be complimented in my skill level. That would be awesome!

So how about you?

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 11:57:20 AM »
No need to apologise  :sheep:

Tis a nice reason to learn, Id definitely wanna visit the different prefectures. I think with me I grew out of all the first gen stuff when I was a kid, apart from Naruto which I always wanted to see more of. When I got to High School I looked it up and read the manga, that pushed me into Bleach, Fairy Tail, Death Note and eventually Bakuman. Bit of a web dream but I decided I wanted to be a part of that world so I started writing. That lead me here and then to NET. But I think with the more I looked up about actual Japanese culture the more I wanted to learn the language and live there because of how much I liked it rather than justness going for manga

Bit of a ramble but the reason is somewhere there XD

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 09:05:05 PM »
From what I know, there are Japanese language schools for foreigners wishing to learn the language specifically that charge $3,000 to $5,000 per semester in the Tokyo area. This doesn't include dorm though, but some do provide dorms. The problem is finding a place that will help you get the student Visa and figuring out how to work on that student Visa.

Generally these language schools last up to 2 years (since that's usually the max for your student Visa, unless you apply for a special extension i.e. transferring to a full University). While there, you'll work you way from the lowest level of Japanese N-5 up to N-1. If they feel you aren't making much progress, they WILL hold you back a class.

Surprisingly, going with this route is a lot cheaper than attending an English-speaking univeristy in Japan by quite a lot.
I'm back~~~