November 22, 2017, 11:26:20 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: So, about Scripts...  (Read 113 times)

Offline Creda

• The Immortal Effort
  • Have a question about me? Fire! Er, I mean, shoot!
    • View Profile
So, about Scripts...
« on: September 10, 2017, 01:43:24 AM »
I write in a narrative format (though if I were to ever make a manga, it definitely wouldn't be so single singularly focused) and have never actually seen a script, though I have a kind of...idea of what it should look like.
Basically, I'm asking if someone could humor me and post a script or a script structure for my curiosity. I'm sure it'd help me to do any collaboration work or to present my current workings to any artist who may be interested in my writing.
My intentions are to serve myself. Helping you is just a by -product of that.

Online Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: So, about Scripts...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:58:09 AM »
This might help. I write using a spec script format. Spec means speculative, which means you write in the hopes someone will buy it or take interest in it.

This isn't a shooting script which will have their script broken down into scene shots. Or in our case, panels. That format is usually done when you have an artist or camera crew ready.

This format is easier to read and when needed, easyily able to break up into shooting script.

Anyways, here's my example.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16879.msg270168.html#msg270168

Read the script and then read the manga illustration that goes with it. You will notice I didn't add some dialogue in the panel of the manga. This was a drawing exercise, not really an actual attempt at transferring script to manga format. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:05:05 AM by Forlorn Serpent »