September 25, 2017, 11:14:00 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Story Idea  (Read 122 times)

Offline uchihagodmadara

• View Profile
Story Idea
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:42:54 AM »
So i've been wanting to make a manga or comic, (however it turns out), for a really long time, I have almost all the neccessary drawing skills, there's a few things I need to work on. but I've had a larger problem, I can never think of a story or plot. Im a huge fan of Naruto, and since I have been addicted, and watching it for so long, whenever I try to make a story, I try to match it's complexity, and I always give up, because I can't reach it, I know this is the completely wrong thing to do, as you are supposed to start small, but its a habit, its also seeped into how I draw as well, Naruto got me into drawing around 13 years ago, when I first started keeping up, and EVERYTIME I draw something, even if it isn't Naruto related someone will ask me, "is this from Naruto", I've been imitating it for so long, that anything I draw has that exact style. I've tried to fix it, and develop more of my own style, But I cant, all of the tips and techniques that I know came from Kishimotos art style, and how he draws, all the way from facial features, to backgrounds. This is just a little background on me, if anyone has any tips for me to possible fix this, the main point of this thread is to share the story Idea, that I did come up with, it's not perfect by any means, as I said i'm not good with creating stories or plot, but here it is:

The story take place modern day, there is a kid named Tuez, and long story short, he has a goal to eliminate mankind, this is not the antagonist, this is the protagonist. he gets this mindset from his foresight of the future, about the world going to waste due to human life. he has this foresight into the future, during his early childhood. why he has this will later be explained in the story. Into the story he meets someone else who shares the same ambitions. Also he has 4 lives, and a very durable body (not like superman or anything, more like, he can take a few more bullets than a regular person could). The story is gonna span from his teen years to his late 20's, and its gonna encompass, his journey eliminating mankind, one person/group at a time. the opposing force to him, is basically everyone else, and soon to be, the person who share his goals.

This is just a base that I made, I haven't developed many supporting characters. What do ya think?

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
Re: Story Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 04:19:15 AM »
Yo

It certainly is interesting, definitely not mainstream but it'd likely make a good seinen series if you did it well. The only thing I can think of currently is that it sounds a little far fetched. If its based in the present day this guy needs to kill 7 billion people all whilst surviving the combined force of the worlds armies. Cant say much about it however as there isn't too much to go off of, are you planning to make this into a manga?

Im guessing you got this idea from watching Madara dominate in the war arc  :D

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:25:37 AM »
Sounds rather dark but it's interesting. Have you thought of structure for the story like theme, genre, point of view etc.. if you need some introductory help, you can ask me. When it's written in a novel format or a comic, posting in here helps since there are many writers in manga raiders who can help you.

As for art, you can find your style eventually. I would suggest on keep on drawing, do the fundamentals, when you got used to drawing one style then the style will emerge eventually. I'm an artist also. If you need help in art field you can also ask me.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 08:45:19 AM »
Is he going to "eliminate mankind" jokingly or seriously?

Will love to see your artwork. If i got my favorite artist art style i will run with it.

Offline uchihagodmadara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
Yo

It certainly is interesting, definitely not mainstream but it'd likely make a good seinen series if you did it well. The only thing I can think of currently is that it sounds a little far fetched. If its based in the present day this guy needs to kill 7 billion people all whilst surviving the combined force of the worlds armies. Cant say much about it however as there isn't too much to go off of, are you planning to make this into a manga?

Im guessing you got this idea from watching Madara dominate in the war arc  :D

Thanks for the feedback!, ye I plan to make it into a manga and give it all the attributes of a manga, as I don't really read comics, and never really have, the only reason I might label it as a comic, is because I don't live in Japan, and probably couldn't get very far with that label. I might tweek some things, time, and setting wise, as I said before this is just a really rough idea, I gotta organize all my thoughts.

I'm also shooketh, how you read my mind. I did get this idea from Madara Sama. 8)

Offline uchihagodmadara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »
Is he going to "eliminate mankind" jokingly or seriously?

Will love to see your artwork. If i got my favorite artist art style i will run with it.

seriously. I plan to give it a more philosophical/action/emotional feel rather than comedy feel.

Offline uchihagodmadara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »
Sounds rather dark but it's interesting. Have you thought of structure for the story like theme, genre, point of view etc.. if you need some introductory help, you can ask me. When it's written in a novel format or a comic, posting in here helps since there are many writers in manga raiders who can help you.

As for art, you can find your style eventually. I would suggest on keep on drawing, do the fundamentals, when you got used to drawing one style then the style will emerge eventually. I'm an artist also. If you need help in art field you can also ask me.

.... no not really,  :unsure: , im trying to figure out how to lay my thoughts out, I'm having trouble with turning it from an idea to a story. i need to find some type of story layout sheet or something.