September 21, 2017, 07:14:39 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Couple of ideas  (Read 113 times)

Offline FinGeek12

• View Profile
Couple of ideas
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
I have couple if story ideas that are all in the same universe. I decided to put them all on one post instead of making seven separate posts.

I have been building this world for some time now and it is basically 3 different galaxies, Glaxy Prime, Galaxy Unknown and Galaxy Troloc. The idea with this world was, that I could write story that would be any genre and it could fit into this world. So my world has superheroes, classical horror monsters, aliens, magic, gods, dragons, kaijus, mechas and anything in between. All of these story ideas are in this same world.

Idea 1:

This story would center around Takehiko Oshiro who works for the Revolutionaires, rebel faction figthing against Empire of Prime. When he discovers that he is a demi-god, he sets on a quest to kill the Emperor Cirala, who destroyed his homeplanet Earth. Along the story he meets Dark demi-god and some other characters that I haven't fleshed out yet. The story should have the same feel that One punch man and Gureen Lagann have. The feeling of epicness with over the top fights.

Idea 2:

This story focuses on group of explorers exploring the Galaxy Unknown. Main character is Arthur Knight. Other people from the group are Arthurs father (dies), brother (dies), swordsman that joins their group (turns out to be evil) and mechanic girl that they save from Grey Explorers (explorers that use shady methods). Arthur would start as the mechanic but after his father dies he starts to develop his swrdsman skills more while his brother becomes the captain. This story would have the light hearted adventure feel where the focus would be finding new exotic planets and having fun.

Idea 3:

This story would follow the journey of Eren Buragazi, first grey wizard. He wants to destroy The Church and The Dark Church and establish Reformation. The Church and The Dark Church are both extremist while the Reformation would be more center. Along the journey, many White Wizards and Dark Wizards become Grey Wizards and join Eren This is all I have right now.

Idea 4:

This story would follow Michael Ayers who just got a job from Monster Hunter Organization (MHO). MHO finds and kills monster (werewolfs, vampires, zombies, etc). He and his two partners try to climb up the ranks while witnessing lot of heavy stuff. The feel would be like Tokyo Ghoul. Typical shounen but lot darker tone.

Idea 5:

This story would follow Sergey Fedoros, leader of Revolutionaires. His parents were killed by Emperores orders in front of his eyes when he was kid. This story would hve same feel as Code Geass or Death Note. Instead of focusing on soldiers/mechas fighting focus would be on commanders, generals and how the army would work and difficulties of it. It would still be somewhat of a shounen show.

Idea 6:

This story would follow Akio Satou. Now that Empire has fallen and Enhanced Humans are allowed Akio wants to become the greatest superhero. He replaces everything except his emotions with robot parts becoming 99 percent robot and 1 percent human. He gains some friends (I was thinking hero with omnifabrication,, hero with a reactive adaptation and super strong hero) on his journey to become the greatest hero. The story would have same feel that Boku No Hero Academia has. The feeling of wonder and excitment.

Idea 7:

This story would follow the main characters of al of these stories combning forces to defeat the Dark Gods. Sergei Fedoros, now the president of the Galactic Republic, gathers the greatest figthers from all kinds of skills (monster hunting, hero, explorer, etc)to fight the Dark Gods and their army who have emerged from the Dark Realm. This story would have the same feeling as the Avengers. The feeling of excitment when characters from all kinds of stories collide and work together to figth greater evil.

So, what do you think of these ideas? Anything bad or good about them?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:35:55 PM by FinGeek12 »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »
A story universe is the way to go for sure. I really think that interconnected universes and pulp hero characters are the core of any writer's journey as a writer. It let's you have a sandbox to play with, a hero you can learn to hate or love over time that the reader can also sort of feel the same for. Experimentation is the way to finding the best results.

Idea one... Gurren Lagaan and OPM in one sentence.. Hm... I'm not quite sure, but I have a friend of mine who convinced me stories concerning demi gods can be quite fantastic. So interesting.

Idea four piques my interest. Ishida-sensei really made something amazing out of something that should be a tired genre. I mean... Man eating creatures and a normal human who is brought into that sort of world? How could that amount to anything? But he worked with a really 'basic' premise and turned it into some real poetry. I really love that manga. Have you read Fire Brigade of Flames by the way? It's by the author of Soul Eater. I mention it because he manages to make a great story out of only a singular flame based ability. I recommend it if you ever feel like you can't have different twists to a single plot.

Something like this would definitely need to be driven by characters more than anything, so yeah.

Guh. I hate spoilers, but Idea 7 seems like you actually bring all the characters together. I used to think planning ahead for epic team ups eventually is impossible, but after Marvel on Netflix proved me wrong by giving me The Defenders I learnt my lesson. All of this sort of thing is possible, so long as you put in the work.

Idea 3... What exactly does Eren bring that is so reformative? How bad are the extremes of White Wizards?

Also protip: Don't forget to comment on other people's stories and stuff.

Offline FinGeek12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:37:51 AM »
A story universe is the way to go for sure. I really think that interconnected universes and pulp hero characters are the core of any writer's journey as a writer. It let's you have a sandbox to play with, a hero you can learn to hate or love over time that the reader can also sort of feel the same for. Experimentation is the way to finding the best results.

Idea one... Gurren Lagaan and OPM in one sentence.. Hm... I'm not quite sure, but I have a friend of mine who convinced me stories concerning demi gods can be quite fantastic. So interesting.

Idea four piques my interest. Ishida-sensei really made something amazing out of something that should be a tired genre. I mean... Man eating creatures and a normal human who is brought into that sort of world? How could that amount to anything? But he worked with a really 'basic' premise and turned it into some real poetry. I really love that manga. Have you read Fire Brigade of Flames by the way? It's by the author of Soul Eater. I mention it because he manages to make a great story out of only a singular flame based ability. I recommend it if you ever feel like you can't have different twists to a single plot.

Something like this would definitely need to be driven by characters more than anything, so yeah.

Guh. I hate spoilers, but Idea 7 seems like you actually bring all the characters together. I used to think planning ahead for epic team ups eventually is impossible, but after Marvel on Netflix proved me wrong by giving me The Defenders I learnt my lesson. All of this sort of thing is possible, so long as you put in the work.

Idea 3... What exactly does Eren bring that is so reformative? How bad are the extremes of White Wizards?

Also protip: Don't forget to comment on other people's stories and stuff.

Thanks fo the reply! I haven't read Fire brigade of Flames, but I might read it. As for Eren, The Churches lesson is Peace trough Order. They are basically dictators with good intentions, but usually restrict too much. The Dark Church believes in Freedom trough Chaos. They want to bring the Dark Gods on earth by causing as much chaos as possible so the Dark Gods can enough power to come to the mortal universe. They believe that Dark Gods would bring true freedom while in reality all they want ischaos and death so they would gain enough power to defeat the Cosmic Gods.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:45:52 PM by FinGeek12 »

Offline bandile

• King of Manga Writing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 03:59:37 PM »
i really think idea one is really good

Offline IndecisiveChild

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »
Its an awesome journey you're about to embark on with lots of new interesting stuff at each turn. The ideas you have are cool and as a fellow writer, I get excited each time I see a story structure like yours.
A joureny of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline FinGeek12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »
i really think idea one is really good

Its an awesome journey you're about to embark on with lots of new interesting stuff at each turn. The ideas you have are cool and as a fellow writer, I get excited each time I see a story structure like yours.

Thanks for the compliments! Right now I'm fleshing out the characters and themes. I have actually altered some of these, especially my fist idea (ancient race created by gods instead of demi-gods, tournament fighter instead of soldier etc.). I also decided to change the main character's name for all of the stories.