September 24, 2017, 09:43:18 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Practicing perspective - warriors charge  (Read 98 times)

Offline Zerottie

• View Profile
Practicing perspective - warriors charge
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:31:43 PM »
Hey guys, having a bit of an issue with this. I honestly have just settled on a style for my eyes and had a really cool idea for a picture but I don't know how to tackle drawing the hair or adjusting the eyes for this angle. I adjusted them a bit and added them where I thought it might be ok. Thoughts?

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
Re: Practicing perspective - warriors charge
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:57:53 AM »

Hiya Zerottie, I made a couple of things that may help. Overall, your issue is that you don't understand how the face exists as a shape in 3d space.
Spoiler

I think overall, it is worthwhile for you to practice the face in simpler angles first to get a feel of how it should be shaped. Working from a basic circle and drawing lines around the circle to create a sphere, then extending the sphere into a half cylinder.

Andrew Loomis Fun with a Pencil might be a great place to start. Here are a couple of exercises from this book that may help you:

https://www.joshuanava.biz/easily-learn-to-draw/images/1821_1_84-andrew-loomis-baby-head.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/f9/4e/3bf94e06c54322ed10b3b3e4b76622f2--andrew-loomis-human-head.jpg