PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

------------------------------------------
CLICK Here.

------------------------------------------

Manga Writers > Manga Creations

Chaos V Hikari!!! (3 written chapters) Genre: Supernatural

(1/5) > >>

hikari:
Just a friendly match up. As stated above the submissions will happen in 7 days. The poll will end 2 weeks after the chapters are posted. Obviously we ask that you don't vote before the chapters are posted but I doubt anyone will. May the better writer win :tongue: :tongue:

hikari:
Alright, we will post brief synopsis' of each work just so y'all know what you are in for. Should be up in a sec

Chaos297:
This is the Synopsis of Demon Slayer Heady the first 3 chapters of which will be posted on the stated date.

Demon Slayer Hedy is the Story of Hedy Brandt, an apprentice Demon Slayer from the Brandt Demon Slaying Clan.
Seven years prior to current events she was involved in an ambush by a small army of Demons whom murdered many of the next generation of Demon Slayers including Hedy’s older Sister Bertha Brandt and scared Hedy with PTSD as well as awakened her savant abilities.
Seven years onward Hedy and some other skilled apprentices as well as a team of adults go on a training mission which quickly turns ugly leading to Hedy and her group being stranded in another world with a major Demon Problem.
Hedy and her instructor whom was her late sisters mentor must find their now scattered comrades and find a way home and deal with the many Demons infesting the other world called Antheria and hopefully save both worlds from horrors that threaten both worlds futures.

hikari:
Now that I see both... they are actually quite similar XD. they split off after a bit but at the start I can see them following a similar path

And the synopsis of 1% is:

Mirai was an abused child. His mother and father were terrible people that let their frustrations out on him. When his younger sister Chiyuki was born he took it upon himself to not let them harm her, he carried Chiyuki to a nearby orphanage where they lived for many years… their parents never once announced them missing. Meanwhile, the Vatican order bases throughout the world to fight demons including the worst of the bunch, The dream eaters… Baku. They have traced a highly dangerous Baku to a small town in Japan. These two stories will intertwine. A tale of misfortune.

hikari:
Aight its time. I'll open voting in an hour. Chaos shall upload shortly. Chapters will need to be in seperate posts.

Spoiler1%

Chapter 1

In the dead of night, evil lingers and searches for something to quench its bloodlust.

Evening, crumbling bricks lay upon each other, history turning to dust. The dying sun seeps the suburbs in an orange glow. The air is stained with the smell of fresh blood. “4471, put me through to HQ” says a shadowed figure stood in the cracks of sunlight. “…Yes, the mission is going well ma’am. We’ve taken down all of the threats… yes… understood, we’ll head back as soon as transport becomes available, addio (goodbye)”. The shadowed figure lowers his arm and turns. “Alright, looks like that’s our job done” another figure walks around the corner “about time, sick of dealing with these freaks”. “A job’s a job Claudia. Well then lets head on out, maybe we’ll get a big promotion this time. How about we get a room tonight, and head out in the morning?” the man gests “yeah you wish” Claudia smirks as she walks away. The two begin to walk together, behind them a small figure appears, coloured charcoal with crimson eyes, it speeds off into the breaks of the walls.

Further into the town is a small orphanage. Inside, a small front desk in the middle of the room with pictures surrounding the walls. Pictures of former residents come and gone, arrived alone and scared, yet they leave with family, smiling all the way. Though this isn’t always the case. Sat at a large table in one of the rooms, are the current faculty and residents of the orphanage. A young man sits in the centre of the crowd, one of the staff brings in a birthday cake with 18 candles stood atop, shining brightly. She places the cake in front of the young man. He smiles happily while the children sing Happy Birthday to him. The sound of laughter and chatter echo throughout the halls.

It is dusk now. The children sleep quietly, and the building sits silently. One young staff member washes the dishes of the party earlier, she spots a young man in the corner of her eye but continues to clean the plates and utensils. “Can’t sleep?” she asks, “Chi keeps waking me up” he responds. “I see.” The boy walks to the sink, grabs a towel and begins to dry the clean plates. The two stand quietly cleaning for a few moments. “Thanks, for today.” He says, “It was the kids that set it all up. You don’t need to thank us Mirai, you are like an older brother to them… I’m just sorry I can’t do anything else”. “It’s not your fault, the government only funds this place for under 18’s, I knew this day would come.” Mirai responds, “So what are you gonna do from now on? You’ve got quite a lot of hard work ahead of you what with Chiyuki going with you” Mirai places the last of the clean plates down and turn around, leaning his lower back on the table top and crossing his arms. “Well I’ve already sorted out the apartment and Chi’s school. Not the best neighbourhood but it was cheap enough. I’m gonna try and be a cop so I’ll be doing part time jobs while training. Should give us some leeway” “It’ll be stressful having to work and look after her, we can keep her here until she is old enough if you want” “no, I’ve gotta look after her, after all I’m the only family she has left.” The staff member turns quickly to look at Mirai “It isn’t your responsibility! You did what you had to… you need to live for yourself”. “Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep it in mind” Mirai fills a cup he cleaned earlier with water then begins to walk away. He turns back and lift his cup “Night”.

This was how it all began. I had come to terms with having to leave another family, this one stung much more. But behind the scenes, there was more pain waiting for me.

It is now morning. About 8am, the orange light brightens the land. Mirai is outside of the orphanage with around 4 suitcases all battered and aged. The entrance is filled with young children trying to keep their weary eyes open, as well as the limited staff members. “So that’s everything bar sleeping beauty” Mirai remarks. “Never has been a morning person that Chiyuki” one of the female staff members responds. A small girl around 9 years of age rounds the corner in the hallways clutching a small bear. “Come on Chi, we need to get going soon” says Mirai. The young girl stumbles down the stairs, still trying to wake her body. Chi grabs her brothers hand and turns to face the entrance. The female staff member that spoke to Mirai the night before walks towards the two. “Remember that if you need ANYTHING, come back here. You will always be our family”. She hugs both, remembering the 8 years that she had spent with the two as if they were her own. “Of course,” Mirai stares at the children in the entrance and remembers his time at the orphanage. “Thank you, everyone. You have no idea how much you have helped us since we came here… through the darkest and happiest moments of our lives you were there for us. To all of you… good luck and I hope that soon you’ll have great families with loving parents and a warm home to stay.” The children one by one see to the two and say their goodbyes to their eldest brother and their sister until they turn and walk away.

Now further into the city, Mirai and Chiyuki arrive at their new apartment. They walk into the empty room, stains on the brick walls that had clearly been there a while alongside the cracks. Dust and cobwebs cover the ground. Mirai had worked hard for this small apartment close to work and on the same street as the newly built school Chiyuki had recently transferred to. “Bit of a fixer upper, huh?” Mirai says as he carries the bags of their belongings. Chiyuki simply nods to his question and sets off to look at the other rooms. “We’ll be here for a while so bear with it for now. I’ll keep looking for a better place when I can” Chiyuki continues to walk around the hallways and the rooms, getting used to her new home. “Alright, let’s get to business” Mirai says to himself looking determined “…or maybe after five minutes” he drops to the ground slowly with an exhausted look on his face, Chiyuki walks over to him. “Nii” Chiyuki says in a quiet and soft voice, he looks up at her. Chiyuki hugs her brother but accidentally headbutts him, its super effective.

Meanwhile in the city. “Antonio! Andiamo! (let’s go!) We should have been there an hour ago!” Claudia hurries up the steps she was facing before. She walks through to the room with Antonio in. he is sat on the bed facing the floor. “Antonio! Muovi il culo (get off your ass), we’ll miss the- what?”. “I got a call, Claudia… We missed one.”

It is night now. In their new apartment, Mirai has set up a small wooden table with two chairs, a beaten up three seat sofa and two single beds in the bedroom with Chiyuki’s help. Their quilts and pillows taken from their former beds in the orphanage. The two lie in their beds, they are facing towards each other. The room is quite large so they are a fair distance away. “I’ll see if we can afford a wall in the morning. For now, get some sleep it’s gonna be a long day”.

“What do you mean we missed one, they said we got them all the other day!” Claudia says while trying not to scream in rage. “They said it was a technical malfunction, the radar just missed it” Antonio replies “Per l’amor di dio! (For god’s sake!) we were supposed to be home already!” Claudia pauses then turns back to Antonio with her arms stretched out wide and sighs loudly “so, where is it? Let’s just get it out of the way”. “in the city, apparently its close by here.” Antonio stands and walks to the gear hung up on the wall. “One more for the records” the two move out quickly.

They marched forward into the abyss not knowing what might happen. I however, spent the next few weeks studying and working part time. I would wake up and get Chi ready for school, go to work and study during breaks. I’d pick Chi up and rush back to work until I could go home so I could feed us. It was difficult, but I knew it was what I had to do. After a while I started getting used to it. My body ached and I battled my own eyes to stay awake, but my body moved on its own. Day after day until I got time to rest. Today was a good day though, at least I thought it was.

Mirai is mixing together ingredients in the kitchen. “Chi? You wanna come with me to the store or stay here?” Chiyuki pokes her head around the corner. “Stay” she replies timidly “alright, I’m only going for some sugar so I won’t be long. Don’t answer the door, I’ll take the keys.” Mirai says as he finishes putting a pot in the small oven “also don’t go near the oven, dinner should be almost cooked when I get back so leave it as it is”. Mirai grabs his keys and wallet, he puts on a small jacket and grabs an umbrella. “See you in a sec”, Mirai leaves the apartment and locks the door. He then opens the umbrella and sets off down the street.

It was raining that night; the forecast was clear skies yet it was almost like a storm. A very ominous night indeed.

Claudia and Antonio remain in the city. They are in Antonio’s room. “How many more are they gonna keep failing to find?! I’m sick of this crap Antonio!” Claudia shouts “We should have finished this job two months ago yet HQ keeps suddenly finding more of them?!” Antonio who was sat on the bed, stands and tries to comfort Claudia “I know, Claudia but there’s nothing we can do. It was an order from the council, we can’t just leave this” “Then why don’t they send us help?! Why are we forced to take down the threat on our own?!” “You know how stretched thin we are already, there’s no way they could send more troops here for such a weak target. Give it time mio dea (my goddess), we’ll have the system sorted and we can go home” Claudia stares at Antonio, she leans closer to him “one more and then I’m done. I don’t care if I get punished, I’m going home” “That’s good enough for me” Antonio responds. Antonio’s pocket vibrates. “Speak of the devil, let’s see where we are next… Antonio.” The call can be heard clearly. It was a call they didn’t want “Antonio, we have movement… in two locations.” “Two? Great that means we are splitting up…” Antonio says but is cut off at the end “No! You can’t split up!” Silence fills the room. “…There are about 15 in the city, 14 are in the same place none of them are over class 2… the other one is a class 5”. “HOW THE HELL DO YOU MISS A GOD DAMN CLASS 5?! DEFICIENTE!! (Moron)” Claudia screams. “It’s not our fault! The equipment just keeps freaking out, we’ve literally tried everything to fix it as well as install a new system completely but nothing works!”. “Where is the class 5?” Antonio asks with his hand to his head “That’s the thing. We know the locations but they keep swapping positions. One minute they are at spot A the next they change. We can tell you the locations but not what will be there. We’ll send back up immediately, they’ll be at the sites in an hour so take down as many as you can. Good Luck”. The call ends. “What are we supposed to do, Antonio?! We’ve never beat a class 5 on our own before” Claudia stumbles on her words due to panic “we beat one when we were rookies. Yes, we may have had HER help but we were still green back then. With us being as experienced as we are now we can handle a class 5 together. We just have to stick together and stay focussed.  That call… bound two worlds, two stories together.

Mirai arrives at the store. It is dark outside, but the rain continues to fall drowning out all other noise. Mirai picks up a brown paper bag, inside sits the sugar he had needed alongside some snacks. “That should keep Chi happy for a while. Mirai puts the bag on the counter after walking from one of the aisles. The counter is unmanned. “Hello?” Mirai looks behind the counter and to the open door to the right. No one in sight. “that’s odd. Where is everyone? It’s a good job I’m not a thief otherwise they’d lose their stock.” Mirai says to himself while looking around the shelves.  Suddenly a strange noise echoes in Mirai’s head, small yet sinister. He didn’t know why but it made the hair on his neck stand, he turned out of instinct... nothing there. Mirai who was admittedly a little scared almost seemed disappointed “…could’ve sworn there was somethi- “Mirai looks down and notices a small black fur ball hiding behind one of the shelves. It seems to be interested in Mirai but is cautious. Mirai kneels down looking at the small creature “hey little guy, was that sound just then you? You gave me quite the shock” The small being walks slowly towards Mirai but backs off when Mirai moves. “It’s ok, I’m not gonna hurt you” Mirai takes one of the snacks in his bag, breaks off a small piece “Hope the owner don’t mind me using this before I paid” Mirai stretches his arm towards the creature with the crumb in hand. The creature waits until Mirai’s hand stops moving and cautiously moves closer. Everything slows, until the door opens and Antonio rushes in. His arm moves as if he is something at Mirai but nothing leaves his hand. The small being explodes milliseconds after Antonio moved, almost like Antonio killed it. Mirai jumps back, he had no idea what happens but knows that Antonio killed the creature. “Wha- What the hell?! What did you do?! Who are you?!” Antonio rushes over to Mirai “Are you hurt?! Can you stand?!” “No, I’m not hurt. Why would I be hurt?” Mirai asks, confused by the question and the situation. “That thing, is called a Baku. It’s a dangerous creature that eats dreams” Antonio explains, “That was dangerous? Didn’t look like it” “That’s because it was a class 1. They are small and quick but they are also extremely weak. They need to get in close and hit your vitals to take you down so staying back and having good aim makes it easy.” Mirai seemingly doesn’t believe him. “The bad news is that they hunt in packs so that’s likely not the only one in here. Claudia! Spot anything?”. Claudia’s voice is heard behind the door Mirai looked through earlier. “5 of em down in here” Mirai now wondering where the weirdos are coming from. Antonio stands and helps Mirai up. “Alright let’s clear this place up then head to the next location. Run home kid, it’s not safe here”. “What about the owners? What happened to them?” Claudia walks through the door still looking around the store for another Baku. “Well the good news is that there’s no bodies or blood so either they got away in time or…” “Or what?” Mirai asks, hoping that it’s a good pause. “Or they were taken” Antonio cuts in whilst destroying a Baku “Taken where?” “we have no idea. No one who disappears after being attacked is found. They could be alive somewhere or just dead. The Baku take a hold of you and eat your soul, your dreams. Once you lose them you disappear. Its something the Vatican cannot explain” Claudia shudders slightly as she talks. Antonio finishes off another Baku and checks his map. “Alright, we should be done soon, get ready for the next one” “Next one? There are more of those things?” “Just one, it’s a tough one too. I’d avoid that new school if I were you” “Why?” Mirai asks “because it’s on that street.”. Mirai stands silent. Antonio is confused by the silence and looks at him “kid?”. “Chi!” Mirai runs out of the store.

Mirai is close to the house but is followed closely by Antonio and Claudia who defeated the first zone of Baku shortly before Mirai left. Claudia catches up to Mirai and tackles him to the ground. “What the hell are you doing?!” “We told you not to go anywhere near here! There is another Baku around” Claudia explains. “So, what?! You said it was just one, even I could beat one of them!” “No, you couldn’t. Firstly, even against a first class you would be mortally wounded and trust me kid that is the best-case scenario. Secondly, what’s down there is a class 5. Class 1’s are easy to kill for us but those things are a whole other ball game. A class 5 needs the minimum of 3 well trained soldiers to take them down.” Mirai is quiet for a few seconds. Claudia stands him up “If that thing needs three people then what are you two supposed to do?” “We said 3 well-trained soldiers. We’ve been trained by the best soldier the Vatican has ever produced, Valkyrie Maria. What’s more, we’ve taken one down in the past.” Claudia lists the skills they have. “None of that matters anyway. We told you that you shouldn’t head here and you made a B line straight for it. You got a death wish or something- ““My sister is on this street! Our apartment is literally across the road from the school” Mirai cuts Claudia off. “I understand your worry but surely your parents would have gotten her out, right?” “We don’t have parents. I’m her guardian.”

After what they were told, Antonio and Claudia deliberate. When they finish they walk over to Mirai. “It’s too dangerous for you to be here. But it’s also dangerous for us to do a rescue mission while that thing is still alive. Go somewhere you can stay, anywhere away from here. When we kill that thing, we’ll look for your sister.” Antonio stares into Mirai’s eyes hoping that he will listen. “Bu- ““No, we can’t be keeping you safe while dealing with that thing. I’m ordering you to move. Now!”. Mirai is stopped no matter what. Antonio and Claudia search through the houses in the street for the Baku. Usually civilians wouldn’t be affected during a Baku attack unless they are directly targeted… but class 5’s are very different. They are a natural disaster and it never stops until it is dead. Luckily the Vatican, who are the main force that fight the Baku, can stomp out the passage of information. The public have no idea about the existence of Baku. They only know when it is too late. Antonio and Claudia have one remaining building left to search, the apartment building Chiyuki is in. They steel themselves, preparing for a fight they know may injure them heavily. Mirai hides around the corner against the orders on Antonio. As the two soldiers enter the building and clear the first 2 floors, Mirai follows them. He is happy to see that their apartment cleared, he enters the room making sure that nothing is close by. Chiyuki is nowhere to be seen, Mirai searches the entire place but there is no sign of her. “If she’s not here she’s gotta be on the third floor” Mirai leaves the apartment, Antonio and Claudia are stood outside the room. “uh… hi” “I told you to leave! Do you have any idea how much trouble you put yourself in, not to mention us?! Look. If that thing finds us right now there is a really big chance that one of us is- “the room goes quiet. But in that one moment, the aura changed. The air was heavy, heat disappeared and for some reason fear took over yet there wasn’t anything to fear… blood. The next moment in that time, all I could see was blood. The class 5 dropped down through the ceiling behind Claudia and Antonio, it just stood there. The ash coloured fiend, its blood red eyes that took over anything trapped in its gaze. It was smiling, as if it was excited. Antonio and Claudia turned but it was too late… their heads were already rolling. I couldn’t move, I was like a terrified deer in a wolf’s den… in its arm, Chiyuki.

My brain moved a mile a minute, and my body began running before I could comprehend. “CHIYUKI!” she struggled, staring at me panic. I don’t know how but my mind turned off, my body moved on instinct. The Baku noticed me and swung its free arm in my direction, it should have decapitated me but my knees buckled for a moment enough for me to fall and dodge. I kept running, evading every hit. The impatient beast swung but hit a wall before it could connect, I jumped at the opportunity and dashed forward. Inches away from her. It seemed so easy, both its arms occupied and I was so close. I wish in that moment I didn’t get taken over by confidence because it let my guard completely down, the Baku’s jaws wrapped my left shoulder, digging in and putting immense pressure on my inner circuits. There wasn’t any pain, the adrenaline blocked that out but the frustration and fear never stopped. It was the end to everything, I was going to die here. But I couldn’t let her go. The Baku took me out of its mouth into its palm and proceeded to once again open its mouth. I wasn’t being bit nor was the Baku squeezing me in its hand but I felt my life being taken, that’s when I saw a translucent beam coming out of Chi and me. It was eating our dreams, I remembered Antonio and Claudia’s words “Once you lose them, you disappear”. I couldn’t let that happen.

I struggled as much as my body could handle, breath leaving my lungs as grunts. I was giving my everything… and before my eyes, Chi’s beam disconnected from her. Her hair turned snow white and her eyes lost their shine. “CHIYUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!” she stretched her arm out to me “nii” she shattered, evaporated… disappeared. I lost her, I failed her. No words would leave me but tears flowed like waterfalls. “I failed her… I was supposed to keep her from harm, I was supposed to keep her safe.” My thoughts took over, my own hair like Chiyuki’s began to lose its colour “What was all of this for? I took her from them to keep her safe, I failed to get her a proper family, I even took her to her very end. It’s all my fault… its all my fault” I didn’t care that I was fading, in fact I welcomed it. I didn’t deserve to live. “You would give away your own life for nothing. Your parents abused you and your sister, you did your best to find a family to adopt you but nothing worked, you even tried to take responsibility and they took her. No, you didn’t fail… the world failed you” this voice wasn’t a stranger, it was me and the energy I felt leave me, once again took over my body. My rage moved me. I felt my muscles rip and my bones break as I punched the air. It should have missed, it didn’t. The Baku flew backwards as I hovered in the air. I couldn’t think, all I saw was darkness. An aura took over me, and it pushed me forward. The Baku struck me but I didn’t slow, in fact I moved faster I hit harder. I obliterated the Baku with a barrage of hits yet to this day I can’t clearly remember stopping. It died but my blood still boiled. I heard footsteps, it was the backup that Antonio and Claudia had been told would arrive in an hour. I attacked, my mind was still grasped with rage. The woman in the front stopped me with one finger, effortlessly. “My my, look at this place. Kingsley, deal with their bodies.” A man in the back rushed over to the corpses. “You did this? Impressive, but a little too primitive for me. Still, we could use more recruits. Follow me boy, I will help you find your sister” with those words, my consciousness returned. I was broken and beaten down, fading. “who, are you?” I said faintly “Maria Rossi, captain of the 3rd Battalion. Leader of the Japanese branch, Sandman. Welcome to our organisation, Shounen (Young man). I passed out. This, was the start of my quest… my path to find Chiyuki and bring her back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version