November 18, 2017, 04:14:58 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Noobie Artist in need of assistance  (Read 251 times)

Offline Zerottie

• View Profile
Noobie Artist in need of assistance
« on: August 22, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
Hello everyone!
So I tend not to post a lot because I am still in the process of learning and I finally caved and accepted I can only get so far watching videos on YouTube and doing my best guess work at how I think something should look. Anyways, I drew this the other day and would really appreciate some tips to keep me going.

All I really know is I was off with the blending, shading, and the clothes were horrible.

Any advice or tips would be extremely appreciated, and PM's are welcome as well. Thank you.

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
Re: Noobie Artist in need of assistance
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »
hey there,

You can post your art works in the Manga Art Gallery section of the forum. People do look and give advice for improving your art.

as for the pic, i have a couple of questions:
+did you draw this with a reference?
+when did you start drawing pictures?
+what is your art goal?

Offline Zerottie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 06:15:15 PM »
I'll keep that in mind for future posts, sorry about that ^^

I've been drawing for 7 almost 8 months and I did draw this with a reference picture however was unable to follow it precisely.

As for my goal I want to end up writing stories one day and would love to be able to add my own illustrations and character design in itself is a very fun concept for me. Plus I've found even though I have my struggles with it art is something that calms me in the end despite the stresses that come from building each piece. I love it, but I'm just not too great yet. 😅

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »
its alright, I thought I could help you direct you to a right location.

Ah cool, starting to draw with the help of reference is alright. I did that when I did my art fundamentals as well. I am not sure with the anatomy particularly on the hips it looks a bit weird to me. the proportions of the legs isnt accurate. A bit of foreshortening issues on the arms but thats okay you were just starting. I did notice you are good in drawing hands despite that you just started drawing for 7-8 months.

regarding the style, do you want to keep it anime? do you want to learn semi-realism or realism? those are the things you might consider when you do your art journey. Anime is considered as a style, simplified version of the realism. I wont force you to do something that you dont want to do. Certain artists chose different paths in order to keep their own style relative to the realistic human anatomy. learning both (stylised like anime, and realism) is good but it will be more difficult path to take. Yeah, thats is why I asked what is your art goal like do you have a certain drawing from artists that you love the most and willing to corporate their style to your own? or something like that.

Welcome to the art world, every thing is a fun journey and I hope that you keep on treating it well. Everyone has their own pace, looking at your own will help you improve faster.

Offline Zerottie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 06:38:34 PM »
Thank you! And I would like to be able to stick with the anime style as for me it is the most fun. My issue now is that I tend to just build as I go and never really have an end goal. I can build a pretty solid foundation as far as the base goes but after that I freeze.

For example because I didn't really know what I was doing I kind of rushed through the clothing because I didn't think an outfit through so I just slapped something together. Truth be told the only thing I considered myself truly happy with in the below photo was the eyes, I'll post a photo below of where I started with them on this picture opposed to the style that made me happy.

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
sorry for the late reply, I was doing something important..

I can tell that you love coloring so much. On my end though, my suggestion is to focus on the black and white arts when your goal is to improve the anime drawings. Draw as much as you can in sketches, then after that when you have time, you can lining and color them freely.

I would like to introduce the existence of art fundamentals. They're the essence of making progression art. And its not just character drawings, it also include backgrounds, perspective in general, color theory, lighting and shading, and composition. Its a fun subject and at the same time a very dull one. if you are interested, I am sure that they can be borrowed in the library. I found a few from my local place. That is pretty much my most significant advise that I can share with you. When you know what it is, I think you know where to start.

Feel free to send me a message if you need some more help about the art fundamentals. If you got lost or something. I have discord account as well if you want to discuss me in real time.