April 17, 2024, 09:08:45 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: MangaRaider's Magic vs Robotics - An Original Roleplay [RECRUITMENT]  (Read 3903 times)

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:21:14 PM by S8N »
~~~
S8N

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: MangaRaider's Magic vs Robotics - An Original Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »
I may have to get on board with this, but first, I'll have to start building an OC, since for once something based on me doesn't feel like it'll fit. I might more or less dust off one of my old muses and reincarnate her, or maybe I'll try something new. Should we post our applications here or send them in PM? I don't use Discord, but I have a Skype if that's preferable.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:52:57 PM »
I'm in on this, but I've got a billion things to draw... I'll try to get around to making an OC soon.

@Mahlua
Have you tried Discord Mahlua? I honestly think it's legit better than Skype. But if it's a no go, I've got a Skype as well.

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »
I may have to get on board with this, but first, I'll have to start building an OC, since for once something based on me doesn't feel like it'll fit. I might more or less dust off one of my old muses and reincarnate her, or maybe I'll try something new. Should we post our applications here or send them in PM? I don't use Discord, but I have a Skype if that's preferable.
I highly recommend getting on Discord actually. In terms of text and voice chatting, Discord took a leading role in the industy (over Skype, Teamspeak, etc.) This is because of a vast array of reasons.

1. Mobile Skype is awful. It takes at least 30 seconds before messages are properly delivered
2. Discord works on literally anything. Discord is available for browser, download, and mobile.
3. Dark theme.

I might need to wait to see if anybody else wants to have a Skype before making an official group. At the moment, I'm against it, since splitting between two different communication softwares can become tedious. But I assure you, you won't regret it >:D
~~~
S8N

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:08:17 AM »
1. I don't do anything mobile. Ever. Mobile anything is always garbage. Besides, my phone is a brick and tells me it has no storage space even after deleting all my apps, photos, videos, music, and cache. It can't even update Google Play and gives me error messages about it.
2. I hate transferring all my s--- to a new program/server.
3. I hate making new accounts for any reason. It's like a weird pet peeve.

I already know all about how great Discord is and all those nice little statistics since literally no one in my Skype group would shut up about it for a solid month and a half trying to convince me to transfer over to it. You can see how successful they were.

Call me a grumpy old codger if you will. I refuse to get something new if the old product I own is still at least partially doing its job. I don't need fancy things like themes or "speed" to keep me interested. It's like, I already have something that does this job. I don't need another thing that does the job more pretty because the job is still being done and getting the new thing may waste five minutes of my life, and also the amount of time wasted trying to figure out some new layout and how a new program works. You'll have better luck convincing me when Skype literally isn't a thing anymore.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:13:14 AM by MahluaandMilk »
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 12:14:12 AM »
I don't think you actually need an account for Discord, you can just drop it in your browser for 1 time uses (like this RP). I totally understand the thing about transferring all your contact info and stuff like that though...

Either way, I'm cool with either Skype or Discord so put me down for both.   :dance:

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 12:52:25 AM »
OFFICIALLY SWITCHED CHARACTERS WHILE I STILL HAD THE CHANCE

Recruitment Application-
Name:
Lane Jolley

Appearance:
Spoiler

Allegiance:
Mages

Strength and Weaknesses:
is very skilled with his powers, also rather clever/ forgets his power is not the same even after 4 years of being in this world, has desensitized himself of blood but still gets a little sick while seeing it, can be taken off guard, bullets are not his friend

Backstory:
it has been 4 years since he ended up in this world, officially unable to go back to his own he has been living in a small town.

The only possessions he has mentally torture him with the reminder he'll never see his friends or loved ones again  (more info soonish)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:14:17 AM by BobbyJoeXForgotenSB »

Click the Banner to Read

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
Re: MangaRaider's Magic vs Robotics - An Original Roleplay [RECRUITMENT]
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:52:27 AM »
 :hmm:sounds like this could be a lot of fun.

Offline Mohadis1

• The second coming of his lord sakamoto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 04:14:12 AM »
can I sign up I have discord as well
Recruitment form 
Therys Nysmus 
Age 13 
Allegiance Mage born 
Strengths darkness manipulation can use it to defend teleport and manipulate shadows 
Weaknesses not very experienced so lacking in attack a lot so doesn’t really have lot of offense 
Backstory  
He has an old and respected family but for the most part they keep to themselves except for 
 important events due to the crisis they are coming out of the shadows to help
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:05:30 AM by Mohadis1 »
expect vs reality
mcdonalds   kfc
coke         pepsi
fun             life

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
Name: Edana (last name lost due to orphan status)
A.K.A: Bloodstone

Appearance:

Black hair shaved close to the head. Brown eyes. Carries one or two short daggers at her hip. If one could perceive aura or the energy of a person, hers would be questionably laced with something unsettling that lingers even after she's gone.

Allegiance: Mageborn

Strengths and Weaknesses: Hotheaded, sadistic, self-determined, bound by loyalty to the high priestess, renowned for offensive magic.

Backstory: Although a bit of a street rat in early life, her time studying magic proved her excellence in offensive elemental magic. In her early twenties, she was recruited into the Mageborn enforcers or military, where she takes great pride in preserving the "natural order" in which the Mageborns overpower the Technologists.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:45:29 PM by MahluaandMilk »
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 11:16:49 PM »
Name: Hangaku (real name is Tomoe Hojo)

Appearance:
Spoiler
On her initial appearance, she's wearing her traditional attire and carrying many many swords. She ditches this pretty fast upon learning what guns can do. After reaching the Technologists and learning a bit about their world, she slaps on some standard issue Technologist fatigues and starts spending all her money on guns. She still wears her prayer beads and some ornaments from her home.

Allegiance:
Technologists

Strengths:
Extremely proficient with eastern swords. Give her a katana and she can do work. Give her more than one and magic happens.
Amoral. She'll do anything if she feels like it.
Agile, but no more agile than a regular human is. Also quite sneaky.

Weaknesses:
She ditched all her swords upon arrival because guns are awesome. She has no way of getting her swords back.
She is a horrible shot, never used a gun before but she loves them.
Whimsical, her loyalties are very loose to put it bluntly. She does whatever interests here whenever she feels like it.

Backstory:
A ritual to summon the spirit of an ancient warrior to assist the Mageborn goes very wrong. Hangaku, Saint of Swords appears. Immediately, she concludes the Mageborn are "super lame" as she has absolutely no aptitude for magic. In the middle of the night, as her summoner mourns the failure of the ritual, Hangaku escapes the Mageborn keep. She discovers guns for the first time during her sojourn, and she immediately decides she wants more guns. Selling all her exotic swords, Hangaku follows the trail of bullets to the "gunnest" of cities. She immediately joins the Technologists when they promise many, many guns.

-Addendum-
If anyone is willing to RP as her Mageborn summoner, that would be totally awesome. I think there is the potential for some great interactions!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:50:51 AM by devola »