September 24, 2017, 09:56:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hey, all! c:  (Read 144 times)

Offline kao

• View Profile
Hey, all! c:
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »
Hey everyone!
I joined MR a (long) while ago, but decided to finally stop procrastinating and make a welcome post~

Right now, I'm a high school student from Cali. It's hard to find people that share my interest in creating manga, so I'm glad to have found this community!

I'm both an artist and writer, although I took up writing pretty recently (and am still really inexperienced) I've been drawing for a while, but haven't really pursued a manga style until now. I still have a long way to go, so I hope to improve and get a few critiques. = v =;

I look forward to making some new friends here! ^^
<insert clever signature here>

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, all! c:
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 11:02:48 PM »
Your signature...I can already tell that we'll get along fine. Welcome to MR! Nice to see another author/artist 2 for 1 deal. There aren't many of us. There are a lot of extremely skilled artists here who can give valuable feedback. Just go ahead and set up a gallery, or, if you prefer, you can talk a little bit about your stories.

At first, I misread your statement as "collecting manga" as opposed to "creating manga". Do you happen to collect anything? (For me, I have the entire collection of Rosario+Vampire and the first whole 14 volume chunk of Dance in the Vampire Bund. I have others, but those are my main ones. I used to have the entire omnibus set for Venus Versus Virus also.)
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »
Welcome to MR :D
~~~
S8N

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:13:32 PM »
Hi, welcome to Manga Raiders!

Offline kao

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
Your signature...I can already tell that we'll get along fine. Welcome to MR! Nice to see another author/artist 2 for 1 deal. There aren't many of us. There are a lot of extremely skilled artists here who can give valuable feedback. Just go ahead and set up a gallery, or, if you prefer, you can talk a little bit about your stories.

At first, I misread your statement as "collecting manga" as opposed to "creating manga". Do you happen to collect anything? (For me, I have the entire collection of Rosario+Vampire and the first whole 14 volume chunk of Dance in the Vampire Bund. I have others, but those are my main ones. I used to have the entire omnibus set for Venus Versus Virus also.)

Thanks for the warm welcome ^v^ I'll be sure to submit some art soon~

Ah, I wish I could collect manga! But I always save up for new drawing materials (finally got the money to get a better drawing tablet), so I don't have much extra to spend. Earning money is a bit hard, I'm not old enough to work a job :c
I do have one volume of Chi's Sweet Home though.

It's such a coincidence that you mention Rosario+Vampire, it was actually the first anime I ever watched, and it got me into the whole anime/manga thing. c: Do you remember your first anime/manga?

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:37:21 PM »
I don't remember exactly. RosaVam might've been the first manga I started collecting, but first anime...it's hard to say. I grew up with Toonami, so there's a lot.

I'm sorry that it was your introduction anime. The anime adaptation was not at all good. Like, yeah, people who say "the manga is better" get really annoying, but honestly, RosaVam's anime cannot even compare to how the manga wound up going. I grant that the manga wasn't done yet, so it has that saving grace, since it can't be faulted for not following a source material that didn't exist yet.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline kao

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 12:51:17 AM »
True, I find a lot of anime adaptations don't do the manga justice... many end up rushing or cutting it short with a bad ending ;; I really like the life animation gives to a manga, so it's a shame.
I haven't read the manga for RosaVam, I must be missing out. ^^ My plan-to-read list grows :'D

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 03:19:46 PM »
Welcome to Mangaraiders!
Anime adaptations are often a dylemma: what to keep, what to cut...it's the problem! I really liked Fruits Basket anime because it really did the manga justice. Fullmetal alchemist wasn't bad too! The two seasons respected the original atmosphere, although there were some differences from the manga.

Good luck in our forum!

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 02:28:35 PM »
Welcome on board

I can help you with your signature: "Check Walter's Gallery" That is clever as hell  ;D

Facebook       Patreon