October 17, 2018, 05:05:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Flames's stuff  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Flames

• View Profile
Re: Flames's stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »
Will keep that in mind while drawing .

The model i was using was in a stance thats slightly slanted since it isnt fully 2d or flat on the ground. I tried to bring out the hips on the left more since thats where the "weight" of the body was. The right leg was tucked in. Its still he same pose as the first one where i think it shows a bit better cause of the shirt. Was following the lines of the body so yeah.. Like I said this is where i'll probably have mos of my struggle in.

For the colors yeah, I could make them pop but this was more for reference than anything. I know she'll have red hair tho. I did a full color set of brownish but it didn't pop with her hair as much so I liked the white.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:09:05 PM by Flames117 »
Message me for any assistance you need! I'd be glad to help.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »
The color palette is actually quite nice, kudos! You can kind of offset the slant bias by flipping your canvas every once in a while and making corrections. It's hard to notice it happen when you are drawing but by flipping the canvas you can catch stuff like that early on.

You should come on Discord Flames! We do drawing sessions now where we just share techniques and art, had a pretty fun one last night!

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »
I'll try flipping the canvas more while doing so, didn't really do it much.

Uh sure, shoot me the link.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 10:27:10 PM »
Heya peeps, been awhile since I've updated this. First and foremost, I want to say getting that invite was the best thing that could happen to me as I got to know some of you so much better. Not only that but you guys all helped me out substantially and I couldn't love you guys more! So to dev, shi, bobby, slam and everyone else that's in and out, thank you so much.

So! Like I was saying alot's been happening and I've been a busy bee so its hard to keep track of everything. So without further-ado, lets look at some of the progress so far.

Some hand and feet practice
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Head angles since I found out I strugled alot with it during a workshop peice.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Some bodies as I continue to try to learn gesture and forms and what not.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

And the fun stuff! One's a concept for the outfit for one of my MC's these are really fun to do. The two animals were simply done from bordem during a lul of time in which I didnt know what to do.
Spoiler
Spoiler

I probably have a lot more to put up but I'll leave it like this for now! Not everything is exactly right, and I know what I need to work on, but that shouldn't stop me from trying anyway right?! I'll continue to work on drawing as I am re-writing one of my stories, which will probably show up sooner or later.

I want to say thanks again to the discord fam, and manga raiders for giving me an opportunity to meet some really cool and talented people, lots of love to you guys!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:50:33 PM by Flames »

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »
Welp! Its been a while since ive come here and I knew some of my old stuff was still on and wanted to see the progress i've made since the last time i posted. Its been a little bit under a year and even though I still see more room for improvement its been a blast getting here! I tend to stay focused and do instead of say, so I'm sorry that i wasn't so active at all.

Though, I have to say joining the discord group that we had was a great way to propel my drive to draw! Which is funny, because I joined here as a writer haHaa.  ( i still like writing and stuff and still plan on to develop the stories ive had) Big shoutout to everyone whos helped me over this time, i'm glad that we we're able to meet! But anywho! Here are some not all of the  recent stuff ive done in the past week. These are part of a story that ive been floating about, armor and such. I think i'll break from these after a bit more and try some other genres maybe some mechs or things like that! then eventually get into more understanding of color and shading

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

All in all, i'm quite happy with what i've got so far, but pushing further is my goal right now. Hopefully you'll see me more when I get better, Back to it!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:32:36 PM by Flames »

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »
great job flames. You're doing great! :)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 04:48:40 PM »
You've made a lot of progress Flames! Keep it up! (And I hope we'll see you a little before you get better too)

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 05:00:51 PM »
SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Thanks bro, still have to push a bit more! Want to get into coloring very soon.

@coryn Thanks, and definitely , i'll start posting some more of my stuff as I progress and tackle different things we'll see how it goes!

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »
Definite level up there Flames. Those are some pretty dope costumes there. Welcome back from your sabbatical? haha. What story projects are you working on?

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »
Thanks!

As for the stories it started out as a fan fic but I realized the characters and their personalities changed so much it'd be better if i mold it into my own story. Its a faction war where one individual is born in one side if you'd call it the peaceful side and at the age of 7 he gets captured and essentially swaped with a princess from the "aggressive side" has his memories suppressed, they meet on the battle field and he has to make a choice between the two families and his past memories come back to him, then he has to pick a side and his family members obviously would react to what choice he makes. Deception lies, people knowing that he wasn't family not telling him the truth, brain wash, etc. but they still are the family hes most recent with

The other is the witch one, it has plenty written but im still gonna go back to it and fix it up. among that there is alot more i'd like to continue to write but getting gud at art is a bit more in the focus. actually going into colors later today

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 10:51:35 AM »
Some great clothing

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 11:56:26 PM »
as promised i return!

I'm doing alot of different pieces and stuff but these two are what I recently "finished" so to speak.

im finding out alot of stuff while doing them and will continue to work on the kinks that i keep running into when drawing. I really want to start going into backgrounds but we'll see!

1st one is Morag From xenoblade Chronicles 2 kinda gave up on that one towards the end because i wasnt too happy with it. I am redoing it in a different way so we'll see how that turns out. Second is of Soleil from fire emblem that I did for a friend. Time to keep on trucking.

Spoiler

Spoiler
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:23:24 AM by Flames »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 02:24:44 AM »
I like those details in the armor at the shoulder

The hair at the bottom part looks unnatural.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 09:41:48 PM »
Devola and Slam have really rubbed off on you, I think. I see their styles influencing yours. There's also a little bit of it that reminds me of our good friend Forlorn Serpent. In a good way. Congrats on the fruits of all the hard work you've put into this.

My only critique as of now is that it can really help make your characters pop if the background draws attention to them. Some of the mountains on the first image there are a little distracting, and on the second, the white space works, but, as the artist's horror goes, it could always be better.