April 16, 2024, 12:28:41 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Flames's stuff  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Flames

• View Profile
Flames's stuff
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:01:33 PM »
Couldn't really think of a witty name for the post. Regardless, as you may or may not know I consider myself an author solely and have been dipping myself into the realms of art. Please bash on everything as hard as you can and beat sense into my drawings and what not, I'll greatly appreciate it whole hardheartedly.

In any case I have a bunch of random stuff, some manga and some other things. The goal here is to see where I'm at and moving forward.

So for the stuff I guess.

I spent around 30-40 minutes just drawing whatever came into my head. I did not use any references for these at all, so it might seem a bit random of what you might see..All these were purely off of the head so I know some things kinda stick out wrong.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Then I tend to mess with boxes alot and just dont know when to stop making boxes. I tried to make a carnival type of place atleast halfway through.
Spoiler

Then I have some character stuff relating to my story. Cant really say im proud of these as even now I know some of the mistakes.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Sort of a map depicting who's where and what not for the story.
Spoiler

and a page of a manga I recently felt the urge to just try relating to my story of course.
Spoiler

Not really proficient yet but trying to work out the kinks. Unfortunately would probably have a hard time with this. As humans aren't that great for me. A 3d model was referenced for the poses and stuff on the two up there. I do plan on working on anatomy as I know the 3d stuff might seem like a crux and i'm well aware of that. Its just for some reason human bodies just doesn't go through my head. I see what I want done in terms of the angle and scene for example, but transferring that onto something blocks me.

Anyway, I'll probably add a lot of stuff everyday from sketches to other things. Please help this writer out :(

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:04:53 PM by Flames117 »
Message me for any assistance you need! I'd be glad to help.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Flames's stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 10:14:11 PM »
Firstly, I just want to say that there's nothing wrong with using a 3D model to help understand the human form. By all means, if you have the internet, learning from reference is your best friend as a starting artist.

As for the random sketches, I'd definitely recommend to try drawing some of those items from life to give you a better idea of how the corners of boxes will actually align in perspective. It tends to be difficult for beginners, and even I find myself drawing from life and learning new things about perspective.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 10:50:41 PM »
Yeah, ill try drawing stuff that's in front of me tomorrow its getting kinda late. I think I'll just keep doing these as a fun exercise and memory power. Another!

Spoiler
I couldn't remember how a frog rested its feet. All the images i'm seeing in my head is faced down or on a tree : (.

I need to organize specific time for each area to work in.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:56:23 PM by Flames117 »

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:07:06 PM »
Nice stuff! :) The form studies you're doing will definitely be great practice for the future :D great job

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
Alrighty, following Mahlu's advice I drew some stuff in front of me. Kinda just grabbed whatever was like a hands reach away from me.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Fiddled with some boxes. I know they are pretty sloppy in terms of straight lines.. small room to work with a 20 dollar tablet.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Alas another page!
Spoiler

And if anyone asks, yes, those are cheese crackers with peanut butter.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:56:02 PM by Flames117 »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 11:09:06 PM »
I'm more concerned about a remote that only says "power" and "speed" with directional buttons than the cheese crackers with peanut butter. :sure:

Haha, good work overall, though. It looks like you're starting to get what is meant when people talk about "seeing the shapes" that go into something. It's a fun little exercise, isn't it? And after a while it can get so tiring, because you can feel your brain learning so much and expanding that spacial awareness.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 11:18:53 PM »
its a remote for my fan. Surprisingly it does go pretty fast.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »
Well my mind is certainly in the gutter, lol. I didn't even think of a fan as a possibility until just now.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »
@Mahlua What exactly did you think it was.... though looking over that post, I can probably guess what you thought it was. All i can say is uh, no.  :confused:

Alright, next batch of stuff I've been doing. I asked this to someone but maybe I can get different answers. In regards to my drawings I've noticed my lines are too thick and bulgy. Granted I cant tell if its a pressure thing/pixels size/ pen size/dpi. 

All these for the most part have been in 1748 x1240 300 dpi sometimes I just flip the reso sometimes for chars and stuff. Looking over other sketches people have so much clean thin lines I do try to make lines as straight as possible but then I end up maybe making too much and the smudge begins.

Anyway ive been just doing these exercises for fun while I think about my writing and stuff so here we go again.

So, for the real life drawn stuff

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

My memory stuff that I like doing with no references.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Blocks. I try figuring out what the backside and sides of different shapes would appear. I know they arent much but they help me a bit while figuring things out.
Spoiler
Spoiler

This is sort of what I mean when I'm having trouble with making pretty line work in general. Its present in some of the stuff on the top too, esp with chars.

Spoiler
this one is kinda rough as I did it rather quickly just to get an idea out of what she should wear. Is the MC so ye..
Spoiler

I feel like either I draw too close or draw too far away. That could just be me tho so im not sure...Would love some insight on this.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:08:09 PM by Flames117 »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »
Hmm..maybe if you start trying to use the blocks and other shapes to make the human form, you might find some interesting little tricks all your own. I note this because your forms in those two images there looked a little too fluid, like their bones were made of olive oil. Keep up the little exercises. The only real trick is to "see" what sides of the object you can't see.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 09:02:11 PM »
So my best suggestion for keeping consistent lines is mostly to make sure you are using single long and fast strokes to draw. Keep the pressure on your tablet pen light and try to not to draw lines slowly. You'll still end having to fix up and clean lines later but you should avoid line width issues with this technique.

May I ask what tablet/pen you are using, and what program you are drawing with?
Might be able to help a bit more if I know some of the details.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 09:16:28 PM »
Using clip studio tablet and pen is http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signature-Graphic-Tablet-Huion-420-H420-Art-Drawing-Pad-2048-Levels-4-x-2-23-US-/222554354175?var=&hash=item33d145f1ff:m:mXq2tT9tXLmrV9KDbdeL7xQ

It isn't much but it's alright for me at the moment. There is pressure but not sure if I should keep it on lessen it etc. I also try doing long strokes, but I think mal hit the point on the head that it looks oily and slick.

Not sure if im drawing on a canvas thats too big or my settings are a bit off. Like if i'm doing 1240by1748 or something im using a big pixel size etc. Using G-pen for outlines if that helps, stabilization is full aswell..

I'll add a picture of my pen press settings.
Spoiler
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:48:55 PM by Flames117 »

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »
Try lowering the stabilization to around 5 or 6. Keep your strokes quick. Believe it or not I actually work with some ridiculously huge resolutions and just scale down to upload when I'm done. Smaller pen sizes also somewhat alleviates this problem. The more that I think about it, the more I think it might come down to just technique. Maybe I can stream some of my projects and you can see how I draw my lines.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 11:39:24 AM »
So I tried different outlining stuff and did a side by side. Granted the goal here was just to figure out what the char should wear and such. (It was still a toss up in the air even while writing). Outlines are messy and some of the cloths dont line up correctly with the body they sort of needed more of a curve to them I think.

First outline
Spoiler

Second (probably final in looks..?)
Spoiler

Color
Spoiler

Some of the designs are diffrent in terms of the area towards the neck in terms of clothing. So there's that too, Also! I tried doing some faces I guess for fun.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Sort of gives a "what took so long" Look dont ya think?

Well, i think i might have been super ambiguous in saying/doing some mangaish chapters from the get go. Seemed a bit foolish to me too but I wanted to set a goal. Right now I think a more realistic approach is trying to shoot for some illustrations maybe 10-15 maybe a cover page. Having that in mind, we'll go from there. Would like to dabble my toes into some coloring stuff
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:05:12 PM by Flames117 »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
It seems that you've developed a bit of what's called an "artist's slant". From the midpoint of the head down to the toes, you can see how the piece kind of forms a diagonal. That's something you might want to watch out for.

The color palette is really nice, though for a redhead, don't be afraid to make those colors pop. Granted, the clothes all around would make more sense if you added the skin tone with it, because that can make all the difference.
Haha signature go brr.