November 22, 2017, 04:24:32 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: [Novel Marathon Workshop] By Heart, By Soul  (Read 396 times)

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
[Novel Marathon Workshop] By Heart, By Soul
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »
Spoiler
Title: By Heart, By Soul
Genre: Fantasy, Drama
Synopsis: In the realm of the endless brightness, Alva is considered the brightest of them all. All beings in there have bright souls inside their hearts and it radiant brightly according to their colors. But life in there wasn't fair according to Seishun, a young teen whose light was shunned by his peers for being inferior among the rest. He tried to live life way pass the borderline of poverty but everything changed when a pack of soulless came and wreak havoc in a little town of Hana. He swore to get rid of the soulless once and for all. Will he achieve his goal despite being inferior? Only way for him to find out is to start his journey towards the central city of Alva, where everything started.

Chapter one: Purpose version 1

Every day was the same in Seishun’s life. He woke up early to help with the kitchen. Then, he went out to buy soul food for the guests. He distributed it in moving trays. he checked the guest if they have extra request. He changed the bed sheets, vacuumed the rooms and cleaned the furniture and floors. Whenever the guests came in and out, that was the time when he has to work. Working at the Inn of Dreams can be fruitful, but he can only have minimum wage for being non credential teen. He didn’t go to school. His single mother, Cara didn’t have the money to send tuition. He did everything to sustain themselves by working on small time jobs. And so far, the inn has best pay to cover the rent and basic needs. It would be motivating for him to do everything if his mother could give him any attention.

In the Alvaic realm, everyone was tested for their abilities at their young age. The little town of Hana was no exception. The way they were tested was to look at their soul colours. It will determine their status and where they will be placed once they are ready to serve the realm. Seishun and his mother were not so lucky. She has a colour orange soul, which means her purpose is to bring warmth, fun and laughter into the realm. She, for some reason, couldn’t bring it out of her since her lover left her after the discovery of her pregnancy. She became bitter since then. She was hopeful that her son will have the high rank soul colour, but it didn’t turned out well. His soul colour is yellow, meaning his purpose is to bring clarity, acceptance and belonging to the realm. Both of their colours were ranked the bottom three of the soul hierarchy. It did affect their livelihood and way of life. However, there were rumours that a soul colour can evolve but there were no basis in this information. It has been 12 millennia since the last update from the professors about the soul cores being change in colour, for everyone else, it has been accepted that no soul colour can be changed no matter what.

Seishun has already accepted the fact that he is yellow and his mother being orange. But he didn’t accept the fact that the hierarchy exists. He couldn’t do anything about it. After he finished his shift, he went to the library so he can catch up his high school credits if he wanted to be better than his current role at the inn. He was greeted by a short, grey haired but youthful looking lady at the door.

“Good evening Seishun.” She smiled. “Do you need some help with the credits tonight?”

“Good evening Miss Erika.” He greeted back. “Yeah, I do have a couple of questions about Alva history.”

“Certainly, I can help with that.” She accepted and lead him to the tables. “Let’s have a talk about it.”
He and Miss Erika talked for more than two hours. After he did the mock exam and got it marked by her, She was pleased at his progress.

“You manage to pass History, well done!” She congratulated him. “The only thing that you need to do is to take the official test at the town council in order to get you tested.”

“Thanks Miss Erika.” He thanked her with a big grin. “I will sign up for high school exam as soon as possible.”

He packed up his things and then greeted the lady goodbye. He went out to the town square to buy dinner for two. As he walked towards the superette, he was stopped by two taller individuals.

“Well well well, if it isn’t Seishun Valley. What a pleasant surprise!” A sneered voice came from the back of the two guys revealing his face. “You got some nerve to show your face around here yellow boy.”

“Abrax Fellows, what are you doing here?” Seishun looked at him suspiciously. “I don’t  remember that you come out at this hour.”

“Didn’t the last beating made you learn that you don’t belong here?” Abrax reminded him. “Go back to the hole where you belong!”

The two guys who were with him laughed at him. They moved towards Seishun that seemed to be planning to beat him up again. He changed his stance and tried to fight them off.

Suddenly, a loud roar echoed the evening skies. Everyone at the square stopped on whatever they were doing and looked around for the source of the sound. The town went quiet for a minute or two, and then large flapping sounds were becoming louder. Something large was coming to the town, one by one they started to freaked out and ran in different directions. As the chaos began to follow, the two guys were unsure on what they should do. They were given a cue by Abrax, who was starting to freak out when some shapes are forming from the moonlight sky. He realised what they were, they were soulless shapeshifters, and they are coming to this town.

“LET’S GET OUT OF HERE!” He shouted at the two. “THEY’RE GOING TO END US ALL!!”

The trio ran off, leaving Seishun behind, stunned at Abrax’s reaction. Another set of roars became louder by the minute. He didn’t understand why him of all people didn’t freak out. He began to sweat furiously on where to go. The cries from the townspeople didn’t help him to decide at all. And then a thought came to his head, that was where he started to fear from the outcome.

“Mother…” He thought “My mother’s in danger.”

He began to ran towards home. It was very far from the town square. He didn’t care, he got to find his mother fast before it was too late. By the time he was almost arrived to his home, a grim expression showed his face. He saw a trail of blood towards the open door. He has no choice but to go inside the house and find out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:47:43 AM by shishi02 »

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
Re: [Novel Marathon Workshop] By Heart, By Soul
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:07:05 AM »
Revised chapter one and synopsis:

By Heart, By Soul

Genre: Fantasy, Drama
Synopsis: In the realm of the endless brightness, Alva is considered the brightest of them all. All beings in there have bright souls inside their hearts and it radiant brightly according to their colours. But life in there wasn't fair according to Seishun, a young teen whose light was shunned by his peers for being inferior among the rest. He tried to live life way pass the borderline of poverty but everything changed when soulless came and wreak havoc in a little town of Hana. He swore to get rid of the soulless once and for all. Will he achieve his goal despite being inferior? Only way for him to find out is to go his journey towards the central city of Alva, where everything started.

Chapter One: Life at Hana, revised version 1

Seishun wished to be accepted for who he is, but that wasn’t the case in the little town of Hana. He wasn’t born rich, he lived with his single mother in a small cottage that was far away from the town where there were steep mountains. That was alright for him, life was slow, he accepted everything except for one thing: the soul colour test. Everyone around the age of 15 was obligated to see their inner souls for their colour brightness. This will determine on where they will be placed in the Alvaic society.

He remembered that day like it was yesterday. That was the only time when his mother was in high hopes for him to live the normal life that she wanted. She groomed his dark purple hair to an outmost shine, then gave him the best clothes that she can afford from her savings. She kissed him goodbye with a smile on her face and left him to the town council where the testing took place. That moment was the best time of his life, He wished that time won’t change, being hopeful and optimistic, his mother was supporting him, it all ended when he received the results from the test. His colour was yellow, and it was the bottom three colour. The worse part was that among his peers, only he got the low grade. That would put him and his mother into the poverty line.

He looked up in the sky, where the deep blue met his own, he began to question himself. “What did I do to deserve this?” He was angry with himself. But there was nothing he can do about it and told his mother. She didn’t smile at all ever since. That was three years ago, and since then he was working hard to get that smile back. If anything, he wanted to become someone important despite for his brightness in order to make his mother proud.

Every day was monotonous for him. It was good because that meant he was considered an asset in his job, meaning no one would want to get his job. He woke up early to help with the kitchen at the inn. He washed the last night’s dishes slowly but steady. Then he helped out get some fruits and vegetables from the market. He took orders for some meats in the butcher shop. When he went back, he changed the bed sheets, vacuumed the room and cleaned windows and floors. He was very good at his job. The inn owner gave him some left over food for dinner as thanks for his hard work.

Every after-work shift, he goes to the town’s library in order to catch up his high school credits. It was also opened in the evenings until midnight. As he walked inside the marble floored space, he was greeted by a silver haired but youthful female librarian.

“Good evening Seishun.” She smiled. “Do you need some help with the credits tonight?”

“Good evening Miss Erika.” He greeted back. “Yeah, I do have a couple of questions about Alva history.”

“Certainly, I can help with that.” She accepted and lead him to the tables. “Let’s have a talk about it.”

He and Miss Erika talked for more than two hours. After he did the mock exam and got it marked by her, she was pleased at his progress.

“You manage to pass History, well done!” She congratulated him. “The only thing that you need to do is to take the official test at the town council in order to get you tested.”

“Thanks Miss Erika.” He thanked her with a big grin. “I will take up for high school exam as soon as possible.”

He packed up his things and waved the librarian goodbye. He was in a good mood so he walked around the town square and thinking if he could buy something sweet at the dairy. As he walked towards it, he was blocked by two tall people, they were around his age. He recognised them as Abrax’s bodyguards, he didn’t have to look around when he heard the voice from Abrax himself beyond them.
“Well well well, if it isn’t Seishun Valley. What a pleasant surprise!” He sneered while moving the two out of his way. “You got some nerve to show your face around here yellow boy.”

“Abrax Fellows, what are you doing here?” Seishun looked at him suspiciously. “I don’t remember that you come out at this hour.”

“Didn’t the last beating made you learn that you don’t belong here?” Abrax reminded him. “This is my turf, and I don’t want you stinking up the place! Go get them boys!”

The bodyguards laughed at him. They moved towards him, with their knuckles cracked, they were going to beat him up again. He changed his stance and tried to fight them off. He got food with him in his bag and began to worry about it.

But suddenly, a loud roar echoed the evening skies. Everyone at the square stopped on whatever they were doing and looked around for the source of the sound. The town went quiet for a minute or two, and then large flapping sounds were becoming louder. Something large was coming to the town, one by one they started to freaked out and ran in different directions, looking for shelter. As the chaos began to follow, the two guys were unsure on what they should do. They were given a cue by Abrax, who was starting to freak out when some shapes are forming from the moonlight sky. He realised what they were, they were soulless shapeshifters, and they are coming to this town.

“LET’S GET OUT OF HERE!” He shouted at the two. “SOULLESS ARE COMING!!”

The trio ran off, leaving Seishun behind, stunned at Abrax’s reaction. Another set of roars became louder by the minute. He didn’t understand why him of all people didn’t freak out. He began to sweat furiously on where to go. The cries from the townspeople didn’t help him to decide at all. And then a thought came to his head, that was where he started to fear from the outcome.

“Mother…” He thought “My mother’s in danger.”

He began to ran towards home. It was a long way as his legs began to ache. He didn’t care, he got to find his mother fast before it was too late. By the time he was almost arrived to his home, a grim expression showed his face. He saw a trail of blood towards the open door. He has no choice but to go inside the house and find out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:48:16 AM by shishi02 »

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »
Chapter Two: Awakened, version 1

The house didn’t have much furniture but the trail of chaos was shown from the messy interior. Seishun was careful not to step on broken glasses, he walked quietly towards the bedroom. To go there, he needed to go up the stairs. He winced at it for it creaked when stepped on. He looked for something, a long metal bar for hitting. He found one under the stairs, a bronze pole that was used to be a part of the clothes dryer. He thanked silently for keeping it in times of emergency. With the pole on hand, he was ready to fight a beast or whatever it was in his house.

A loud wailing from his mother came from the top of the stairs. He went up the stairs so fast that he forgot about being incognito. He swung the door open and found a fuzzy black being holding a sword that was going to slash at her direction. He saw his mother curled in a ball, trying to defend herself from the being. He didn’t think twice but to attack it by the pole. But nothing happened, the being was made out of gassy substance. The reality hit him, it freaked him out. How can he supposed to fight a soulless substance?

The soulless refrained from hurting her any further and looked towards the new target. Its movements were slow. The fuzzy substance wasn’t making him look animated enough to look real. The sword however seemed solid enough to make a metal swinging sound and a thud on the ground. It started to slashing again, Seishun was able to dodge most of them since it was slow. He made up his way towards his wailing mother and tried to get her up from the spot.

“Mom, get up!” He shouted. “We got to move!”

She didn’t respond, she was frozen in fear with her head down. They were against the wall and the window was jammed, it can’t be open by hand. He tried breaking the glass with his pole but he was stopped when the soulless was in a right angle to strike him. He could dodge it but she wasn’t moving. It will kill her right away. He has to make a choice. It was a quick one. He threw away his pole and began to shield her with his body. He closed his eyes. Tears started to run through his eyes as he tried to protect her.

“I’m sorry mom. I want you to live. I want you to live…” He spoked softly. “Oh by Alva, please don’t let her die.”

He heard a loud slash, he was expected to hit him through his back. Nothing came. He was still waiting when he heard another slash, it didn’t seem to reach him. After a couple of slashes, he opened his eyes to look at what’s going on. A band of yellow substance was covering them from the soulless. He was shocked, he didn’t know what it is.

When he moved, so was the yellow bubble. As much as he wanted to be curious on how he did it, he was prioritising on getting his mother and himself to safety. He looked at his hands, it was glowing yellow, so is his arm and the rest of his body.

“It’s just like my soul colour.” He thought to himself. “Maybe this is my hidden power.”

He didn’t know what to do, but assuming it something has to do with his will power, he focused his right hand to form a sword that is just like the soulless. Nothing happened. He tried many times. It was becoming frustrating.

The soulless stopped slashing, it formed something out of its chest cavity that looks like a gaping hole, even darker than its substance. It began to suck the yellow substance out of him.

He got worried, he might have the soul power but he doesn’t know how long can he stand the absorption. At worse, he might lose his soul in the process. Despite all of this, he chose to keep on pouring out his power more and more, until a chunk of yellow resonated the whole room. He heard a sound from it, he couldn’t put his finger on but he seemed to know that song pretty well.

The soulless kept on absorbing him until for some reason, it couldn’t. It appeared to be bloating. The gaping hole was not able to hold all the power. And then all the yellow substance went out of the soulless, exploded itself in the process. As the black substance dissipate into nothingness, he suddenly felt very cold. He couldn’t bear with the freezing point that he collapsed on the floor into his unconsciousness.

-o-

Seishun felt a warm hand on his head. It felt really good. He slowly opened his eyes and saw his mother watching over him. She never done that to him since the test results. She must have scared the living daylights out of her.

“My son, how are you feeling?” She said softly. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

After slowly registering her words, he sat up on his bed and looked around to the bedroom. The yellow substance is gone, everything was a mess, but at least the sun was shining and his mother was unharmed. His prayer got answered. He looked up to her with a relieved face.

“I am fine Mom.” He answered with a nod. “I feel good….um rested for some reason.”

Her gaze never left his face. She seemed not sure if she wants to say it. But she did anyway.

“Tell me son, how did you conjure your soul magic?” She asked. “How did you do that?”

“I...I don’t know.” He said to her sheepishly. “I thought I was going to die and then the power poured out from me.”

“Oh.” Her voice got lowered. “No one in this town knows how to get your power out without training.”

He learned something new. He nodded at her words and wanted to asked more. But there are some loud sounds at the bottom of the stairs. He heard the creaking sound from the stairs revealing a soldier in some metal gear uniform looking at him.

“So, the awakened has recovered.” He said in monotone. “We would like you to ask a couple of questions.”

“Awakened..?” He was confused. “What do you mean by that?”

He quickly ignored his question. He proceeded on sitting to a nearest chair, looked at him in eye level. His mother looked nervous at the soldier.

“Tell me what you remembered last night.” He asked him promptly. “Tell me in detail.”

Seishun scratched his head. He tried to remember everything for him.

“I ran towards my house, and saw this all black substance soulless in this bedroom. It’s almost the same height as me, 5’8’’.” He explained in detail. “Everything about it is gassy in substance but he got a sword that is solid.”

“What did it do?” He quickly added to the question. “How did you pull through?”

“I… um tried to shield my mom. My metal pole didn’t work on it.” He looked at him with confuzzled expression. “I shielded my mom knowing that it will kill me. But then my power seemed to pour out on me.”

The soldier simply nodded, waiting for him to finish his story.

“So.. um. It started to absorb my power. I kept it going until it couldn’t take it. It exploded in front of me. That’s pretty much it.”

The soldier said nothing. He looked towards his right where a new person arrived with his same emotionless expression.

“There you have it Sergeant Major Eris, sir.” He concluded. “What are your thoughts?”

The taller well build Sergeant Major smoothen his long straight black hair that was bundled in a ribbon. His eyes were striking green, with an intimidating gaze at Seishun, making him nervous to whatever he was going to say.

“It seems to me that the soulless that he encountered was a Grade E.” He explained to everyone. “They are usually travel in groups but it seemed that this one got rogued.”

“By the way you told me how you got your powers, it seemed that you got potential.” He looked at him. “Tell me what is your soul colour.”

“Err.. it is yellow sir.” He felt embarrassed.

“Yellow is it?” He said it repeatedly.

The men who are all gathered together gazed at him, making him feel more nervous.

“I was expecting you to be around blue but it doesn’t matter.” He said it simply. “What matters is that if you can confront a soulless, which is possible to do so with training and hard work.”

“So tell me boy, are you interested on joining the Alva army?” He asked him. “We need brave people like you in the field of duty.”

He gulped. He wasn’t expecting this to happen. He doesn’t feel worthy of this offer.

“But sir, the town council said that I am a nobody.” He felt the need to confess on what was holding him back on all those years in the first place. “Nobody like me can do things the way you do.”

For some reason, he laughed hysterically at his confession. The men looked at their Sergeant Major like he was a mad man. Well that was Seishun interpreted. When he calmed down, He went towards him, kneel down and said these words that he will never forget to this day.

“Look boy. What you did, you got the power, especially willpower. It didn’t matter if you are in the lower rank. You can still become a soldier with my help and one day, you will become a somebody, someone to look up to.”

He couldn’t reply. But his words gave him hope. Despite that everyone said that he will be always a yellow, he can still do great things, only if he let himself be.

“Do you want to be somebody?” The Sergeant Major asked.

“Yyyyes!” His voice croaked. “Yes, I do.”

“Well then, pack up your things and we will go to the capital by sundown.” He stood up and left.

-o-

His mother asked him to buy some stuff for his journey. He was surprised that she wanted him to go for an adventure. She seemed more lively than usual so he agreed and went back to town.

The town looked like a wreak. The soldiers were everywhere to tend the injured. Lots of white sheet covered men and women that were on a side. It was a very sad state. One of the general’s men has a notepad, Seishun was watching them as they talked each other.

“129 people dead.” He read on his report file. “It includes women and children. All their souls and hearts were cut out by the Grade A Soulless.”

“It’s not that much but man, still gruesome.” The other soldier commented on it.

They rambled on but Seishun wasn’t paying attention. He looked around on which stores that are opened. He was fortunate that the clothing store and item store are still open. He went to buy some things. He bought some food for his mother as well.

He went to the inn where he worked. It was full of people. All the staff are so busy tending the injured and gave them something to eat. The inn owner saw Seishun at the door and quickly hugged him.

“Thank by Alva that you’re okay. Many things are needed in the kitchen.” He said in haste. “Are you going to help us today?”

“Um Mr. Jenkins, I don’t think I can work with you. I was recruited by the Alva army. I’m just here in town to get some supplies.”

“You’re going to the army? That’s great! Tell you what. I will ask your mom to work with me instead.” He beamed at him. “How is that sound?”

“Yes! She would be delighted! Thank you!” He shook his hand.

“Can you please let her know when she is available?” He asked. “And good luck to your expedition!”

“Thanks again Mr. Jenkins!”

-o-

He and his mother celebrated his recruitment in the afternoon. They ate the food that they don’t usually buy on normal days. After he packed up. He looked up his mother and gave her a big hug. He knew that he will be away for a long time.

“Mom, take care of yourself while I am gone.” He made a vow. “I promise you that I will make you proud.”

“Do you best son, no matter what.” She smiled with tears falling on her face. “I will be rooting on you in spirit.”

He hugged her again one last time, waved at her two or three times, then walked towards the waiting point where he will be going with the army.

For once in his life, he felt hopeful again. His journey might either give him good or bad experiences, either way he was excited that something changed inside him. He vowed to himself that he will keep on changing until he becomes a better person.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:48:51 AM by shishi02 »

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:52:23 AM »
(Note: I am sorry in advance for sudden change of POV to Omniscient. I tried to start over chapter one and two but I won’t be able to on time. I will leave it until I’m free.)

Chapter Three: Trip to the Airship part 1
It wasn’t every day that something interesting happened in a monster infested area. Leila Valentine was gutsy enough to take this pedlar job. She ventured from place to place where the danger was. Her store contained potions, antidotes, ropes and other basic adventuring needs but the problem was that her clients who were adventurers, were long gone since the eighth millennia. Nothing happened to them. They were just a fad gig. As technology and science grew into another golden age, magical equipment called invisible web were placed into those monster area, preventing the local monsters from travelling towards a civilian area. Pedlar jobs were gone to extinct in the process as well, as it won’t give them much profit. But that didn’t stop Leila, she pressed on to challenge the norm. The thrill seemed to be embedded to her veins as she travelled towards the toll booth.

At the edge of Devola’s cape was the toll booth, far beyond it were just the land mass remnants of once huge continent. Devola itself was a floating island, one of the segments that made up the realm of Alva. It was arranged like an archipelago, making it easy to travel around from one island to another. But it was considered to be expensive to travel, so the inventors along with the engineers devised each island to have its two opposite ends placed a toll booth. The toll booth and how it was made, was also the product of Alva’s eighth millennia’s golden age.

Leila stomped her one and a half inch boots and made tapping sounds just to get attention from the men who were operated the booth. They were all soldiers. The taller frame soldier looked down to the shorter female, gave a tensed atmosphere.

“Can I help you?” He was giving her a cold stare.

“Hey, don't be like that, we are childhood friends!” She beamed. “You know why I am here Rix.”

“I am not here to fill your boredom nor give you any travel discounts.” He scowled at her. “Those are the rules. If you don't like it, then please go away. I am very busy.”

“No, you're not busy. All you do is stare blankly at the sky waiting for people.” She digressed. “Everything you do is so boring.”

A pang of headache came to him. He was annoyed at her presence. He can't do anything about it since the pedlar was not a simple person to argue with. As soon as he shooed his childhood friend away through brute force, rays of lights descended a few miles away from the booth. He and his men waited for the group of people to arrive.

The group wore all green attire and also their berets. The tallest of the group was at the centre showing his ID badge, it was unnecessary act for the men knew him.

“General Eris sir!” The toll booth soldiers saluted. “How can we help you?”

“At ease.” He stood in between Leila and the booth table. “I would like my team to board on the Helenia airship if you please.”

Leila wasn't dazzled at the General. However, she looked interested and intrigued. Eris didn't give her any attention whatsoever as he gave some toll money to Rix.

-1/4 of 2k done-
-to be continued tomorrow-
-yes I asked Devola to put his user name in the story xD-
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:02:37 PM by shishi02 »

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:04:03 PM »
Chapter 3 part 2 (3/4)

She didn’t bother him anymore as set her eyes on the soldiers who were a team of thirteen. She found this odd. There was an extra person and that was where she found him. A dark purple haired civilian. He appeared to be a new recruit. She twirled her honeycomb blonde locks, stared at him with some intent. The teen recruit looked back at her with his fidget response. Her brown eyes gleamed, she pulled out her magic pouch to bring out her wooden store table containing her goods. He walked towards her with a curious gaze. It seemed that her little scheme worked.

“Wow, how did you do that? That small pouch.. it can put anything inside.” He looked around to see how big the store table was. “Does it have a limit?”

“Yeah, this is a merchant pouch that once pedlars used in the old millennia. It can store almost anything but I don’t want to clog everything inside or my stock will be severely disorganised that it already was.” She explained as she used a brush to dust out some dirt. “I can’t explain how it was made, but I can tell you that it was one of the ancient magical product.”

“Oh.” He wanted to say something but he was hold back by her hand.

“Now that we are in business, why won’t you take a look at my goods. You know, they are all made by me.”

“Do you really? I shall.” He glanced up to the fancy glass bottles and smelled some incense. “They all looked great an all but I don’t think I have enough money to pay you.”

“What are you talking about? They’re all in discount prices! Just for you!” She made it sound like an advertisement. “Do you have a credit card, an item or just some cash? I’m fine with anything! You can get a tab for me without any membership fee!”

She even moved forward to invade his personal space.

“But um…” He hesitated but he didn’t know what to do. His height compared to hers made him crouched down slightly. “Pedlar lady, I don’t think I’m ready for any of this yet. I’m not officially a soldier.”

There were snickers at the background, those were from Eris’ men. They seemed to know what’s going on but didn’t bother to help the new recruit. The loud noises that came from Leila were continued.

“Please call me Leila, Leila Valentine!” She introduced herself. “I am a part time herbalist and pharmacist. I know everything about potions making and I can make any medicine like from the Capital. My pedlar job is to prove that I can produce the same quality, or even better, medicine than anyone else! Mom’s the word!”

She placed her hand on his right shoulder.

“What do you say hmm? Shall we agree?” She smiled at him.

“Alright, that’s enough.” A voice came in between the two. It turned out to be the general, who are there the whole charade.

“Seishun, you are not buying anything from her.” He commanded. “And you, stop bothering him.”

He gave Seishun the ticket. “Here, we’re going to the Capital on a scenic route.”

He left to distribute the rest of the tickets.

Leila watched them leave towards the ship. She knew that one day they will crossed paths again.

-o-

It took 2 hours for the airship to arrive. It was the most majestic ship, by the way that Seishun observed. The journey from his home wasn’t easy. It started when he was immediately taught by General Eris on how to ‘float hop’ using his soul power. He didn’t know what he meant by that and tried to summon his power. It didn’t leak any of his power for some reason. When the General touched his back, his power suddenly exploded. He couldn’t help but awed. They were group together to float hop for a reason. The more power that was in one place, they can hop through multiple towns with ease in long lengths of time. But the group knew that Seishun isn’t well trained enough, they divided their float-hops into three breaks. Each time he float-hopped, the more tiresome he got. He seemed to be relieved when he reached the destination.

The tired looked that he was showing got somehow made it worse when he met Leila. He was trapped when she pushed him to buy her goods. He was relieved from it and then shook his head from thinking about it. The airship however, gave him a new perspective. He wanted to be a better someone if he kept on going.

The sunrise sparkled the exterior of the airship. It was a huge five story smoothened oval shape floating ship that has embedded with floating stones at the bottom of the ship. Those stones were mixed with ancient realm magic and somehow got it engineered inside a lab. These stones made up the floating islands and learned that they can maintained them by providing floating stones under each island periodically. So many things were a mystery to Seishun, he didn’t let it affect him from enjoying the journey. He went aboard with a determined look on his face.

The place inside was a luxurious place. There were indoor pools, large casinos and restaurants. He wasn’t sure if he could pay Eris back from this trip for it seemed too expensive. Luckily, this trip was fully covered by the military. He followed the group on wherever they want to sit and hang out. But he got lost when everyone went left and right from the fork and decided to sit on a place where he could see the Alva islands. He found the place right next to the coffee shop. The ambience was the best so he settled down and looked at the view.

He was thrilled when a group of Amphiptere Dragons were flying in between the ship, showing their colourful scales and feathery wings. He was interrupted when something warm came to his cheek. It was the soldier from Eris’ group. He was holding the second coffee and offered it to him. He accepted it and said thanks.

“Hi there, enjoy the view?” He smiled and then offered his hand. “I’m Filla by the way. Lieutenant Filla Firewater. Nice to meet you Seishun.”

“Nice to meet you Lieutenant Filla.” He accepted the handshake. “I’m Seishun Valley.”

“Actually, its Lieutenant Firewater. But that’s okay. I don’t mind if you call me Filla.” He laughed.

“Oh, I’m sorry. If that is how you call formally then, Eris is a surname as well?” He asked.

“Yes, his full title is General Joseph Eris. Leader of the Realm Guard in Alva Capital.”

“Realm Guard? What’s that?”

“Realm Guard is one of the military segments that does special missions on land and catch some bad guys, to be frank.” He paused to grin and see Seishun’s dumbstruck reaction. “You can do the most fun stuff in here.”

“Wow, that’s cool! How can I get there? Are there some special requirements?”

“Actually, you need to pass through Physical Test and Doctor check-up if you are physically fit for Military. With your height, you are roughly the same height as me, 5’8’’. I believe you can pass that but the others, you need to work on it.”

“Oh, I see.” After hearing some information from Filla, he got more excited than usual. “I hope I passed the tests.”

“I’m sure you will.” He reassured him. “Just make sure that you got enough rest until we arrived at the Capital.”

“Yeah, I will but I have a couple of questions about the military if you don’t mind me asking.”

“Sure thing. I will try my best to answer them all.”

They both talked for long hours. They had fun until Filla received a message from General Eris in his phone. He let Seishun to take some rest for a couple of hours until he heard the captain speaking on the speaker phone indicating that they will be landed soon.

He got up and changed his clothes. And then he waited inside his room until the speaker phone said he could go. As he finally got off the airship, he looked for the green clad soldiers until he found them.

He looked around to notice the overview of the whole Capital. It was a sparkling white city, the pride of Alva realm, where everything was technology updated and its people were in orderly fashion. Their outfits looked different compared to Hana. They were very modern. As he tried to digest every single invention that he never saw in his town. General Eris patted his shoulder for attention.

“We’re going to the Realm Guard to report the incidents. I want you to follow me for now until I can find you a place to stay.”

“Sure, General Eris.”

He and the team took a rental vehicle that was waited for them and drove towards their destination.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:37:14 PM by shishi02 »

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:52:28 AM »
Chapter Four: Fort Freyre

As the car arrived at the check booth, the team were greeted by synchronous marching sounds and large moving vehicles. The large plaque was at their right side, it was written Fort Freyre. Fort Freyre was the largest military base in Alva. There were some smaller specific bases that were scattered throughout the archipelago but Fort Freyre remained undisturbed for six millennia. It was named after the hero in sixth millennia named Lokni Freyre, the great lord of fire and water and a blue violet soulist. The fort has been changing names since the second millennia but General Freyre’s exploits made the name stuck till twelve millennia. No one else seemed to do greater things than him as of yet.

The fort was a large community of Alva soldiers where they owned houses for their families to live in. Being a soldier was remained high demand despite of having new technologies that prevented monster invasion to all towns and cities. But because of higher tax pay rates, there were crimes committed even within the Capital itself. Even though there were police on each island, they still needed some help from the trained soldiers as part of the soldier quest.

The car parked at the VIP only sign. Seishun went out of the car and then looked up to enjoy the architectural design of the buildings. It was almost all glass three story building, a five-point building node that was connected to each other. There were a couple of windows that were hidden under the curtains. The logo along with the words “Alva Corp” were displayed at the middle of the building. When everyone else went out of the car, they glanced at their leader on what they would supposed to do next.

“Alright team one. I will head out to file the report on what we patrol in the whole month.” He looked at Filla. “Lieutenant Firewater, I want you to watch over Seishun while I am in the office. Don’t let him wander off.”

“Sir, yes sir!” Filla shouted.

“The rest of you are dismissed.” He went around towards the sliding door, slid his card and left.

“All right let’s chill to the café guys!” the brunette soldier made a cue to his eleven group mates and left immediately as well.

They were left alone, as they looked at each other, they started laughing. There was nothing funny about it, they seemed to know that they were in an awkward situation. The people who passed by made weird looks at them. After the laughter died down, Filla recovered and did a cool pose.

“So Seishun, shall we look around Alva Corp?” He winked at him that made things more awkward.

“Yeah Filla. Let’s have some fun.” Seishun followed him, ignored the failed cool attempt.

He slid his card to open the slider door. Seishun glanced at the floating spherical cameras over their heads. They went in as the door opened. They walked for a couple of minutes to reach the largest corridor. It was very grand and covered in marble. People who were in their specific department colours took the elevator according to the their uniform colour as well. It was pristine and well-ordered place. As they arrived at the centre, there was a round table containing five reception ladies. Filla went towards the lady in green and asked for a visitor badge. Seishun was given a form pad where he typed in his details and wrote his signature. The process was finished in an instant and gave Seishun a visitor badge. They walked towards a small queue of people where the green elevator was. When it was their turn, they went in along with ten or more people who slid their cards again in each turn. It was packed but Filla nudge Seishun and went over to his ear.

“I’m so cool don’t you think, Sei?” He whispered.

Seishun didn’t said anything but smiled.

-o-

General Eris was arrived to his office when his secretary informed him to go to the conference room at the end of the floor. When he unlocked the conference door, he walked inside and there were seven people in the room. He greeted the black-haired man at the end of the oval table.

“Grand Chief Eris sir, what brings you here in the Realm Guard department?” He asked politely.

“There’s no need to be so formal in front of me, Joseph my son.” Chief Eris said kindly. “I am here to bring some news to you in person, I brought along the other commanders of course.”

General Eris sat the nearest chair that was opposite to the chief’s location. He looked confused but he kept his composure. The man who stood next to the chief looked exactly like him except the eye colour and shorter length hair. The general watched as the orange eyed man looked at the older chief who has the same eye colour as him, gave the manila folder.

“Thank you, my son.” the chief opened the manila folder containing lots of screen shot pictures.

“Your younger brother Jared has compiled all the incidents that was happening throughout the realm for the past six months.” He said simply. “This is something that I am concerned about.”

The general raised an eyebrow.

“What does he have to do about this? He’s just a head doctor, not a soldier.”

“Actually, he did open my eyes. There was an increase number of missing soldiers from their deployments. None of them seemed to be contacting with their families or loved ones. They just simply vanished without a trace.”

“… Is that so?” General Eris was curious about the pictures. “What about those pictures from the folder?”

“Oh yes, these.” The chief conjured wind magick to float the groups of pictures and the folder towards his son in which he accepted in a gracious manner.

The general glanced over them slowly. They were photos of dead men and women covered with black soot.

“And what are these?” He inquired.

“Those are something that I wished to talk to you about. I have Jared and his medical team to look over these bodies.” He looked back at Jared who only nodded. “But with their best expertise, they couldn’t decipher what they were. They assumed it was some sort of a plague.”

The general didn’t comment and proceeded to look at the analysis notes. None of them made sense. He seemed to be in deep thought.

He looked up towards the people of the opposite table.

“So those people’s souls become black. How is that possible?” He concluded as he checked over the notes again. “And the heart cage wasn’t broken. This defies everything that we know about souls.”

Jared walked towards his older brother, wanted to add something from his analysis.

“Older brother, we have them sent to the professors and scholars from the prestigious university and they said the same thing as you did. The questions are how and why.” He explained then asked him a question. “Did you encounter these during your deployment last month?”

“No, I only travelled to the western side of Alva.” He shook his head. “These pictures are located to the eastern side.”

“What did you find in the western side then?” Jared asked.

“A couple of grade A’s and B’s winged soulless groups but those are periodically reappearing in the land. There is nothing unusual about it. Sorry if I couldn’t help.”

“I see. That’s unfortunate.” Jared went back to be with his father.

“That is alright my son. That is all I need to say.” The chief stood up along with his other son. “You can do your monthly report among with the commanders.”

The Chief and the doctor left the scene. The only Eris was still sitting on the opposite table. He touched the bridge of his nose and then composed himself.

“Alright, let’s start the meeting.”

-o-

The visit around the Realm Guard department took all afternoon. It was sunset when Filla received a message from General Eris visit him in his office. He and Seishun couldn’t leave the building to eat somewhere else. The cafes in Alva Corp closed by five. Since he was summoned by his group leader, they went to the office rather hungry.

The arrived to the general’s office, they moved very sluggish. He couldn’t help it since they walked around all afternoon. The blonde hair grey eyed Filla knocked the door since the secretary left her post by five in the afternoon. A muffled voice from the door said come in. And so, he and Seishun went in to greet the general.

He gazed at the general’s new outfit. It was a formal white work shirt with some top buttons left unopened and a grey suit pants that matches his jet black long hair. His hair ribbon was this time coloured red. His long hair was rested on his right shoulder. Filla was very observant in everything that the general wears. Anyone knew in the academy that he was the general’s number one fan.

All his tiredness disappeared from his face when he looked at the general again. He started a conversation since he assumed that the general wanted to know what they were doing while he was away.

“We went around the Realm Guard department as you asked. Young Seishun learned a thing or two about our duties.”

“Is that right?” The general looked at Seishun instead. “What did you learn so far?”

“Lieutenant Firewater taught me that it is our duty to protect the people of Alva from local and foreign monster threats. It is important to stay vigilant at all times.”

“Very good answer.” General didn’t look anyone to the eye. Filla gave him a weird look. “Look, things are changing. I need more vigilant soldiers on my team than anything else. If you can survive the academy and depending what kind of power that you have, I will give recommendation for you to sign up the Realm Guards. “

“Really? I thought Lieutenant Firewater said that only Sergeants teachers from the academy has the say on who will go where?”

“Yes, that is true. But I want to give you a chance for you to prove yourself among the other soul coloured soldiers that you can survive this. Without this recommendation, you will probably be overlooked by them.”

“Oh.” Seishun understood.

“But however, you will be on your own when you do the Realm Guard test.” The general glanced up towards him. “You have to prove it to me that you are capable to be on my team.”

Filla tapped on Seishun’s shoulder, tried to console him.

“Don’t worry, if you need help with the written test and physical test, I can do that. It’s not every day that the general recruited someone on who he thinks a great warrior in the future.”

“Thanks Filla, I appreciate it.”

“Lieutenant Firewater. I would like you to bring him to your apartment temporarily. Teach him everything that he needs for the physical test and written test. You may bring him to the library as well.”

“Sir, yes sir! That’s very generous of you General!” Filla beamed at him.

He looked at Seishun’s reactions. He smiled shyly but he seemed very determined. He knew that the general wasn’t wrong when choosing him. It was only the matter of time when he was trained well and prepared for his first deployment after graduation. Filla seemed to be very attached to the young recruit. He was very hopeful on what will happen in the future.

After Filla and the general had a private talk about the report that he learned from the Chief himself, Filla and Seishun walked towards his apartment and ate dinner. He was a great cook and the apartment was neat and tidy. They went to bed at midnight and Seishun slept in an extra bedroom. Filla couldn’t sleep, he took out his diary and wrote some things from it that the journal blog can’t be seen from prying eyes.

When he was satisfied, he laid his head on his bed again.

“Everything must go as planned.” He said smilingly and went to sleep.

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 01:40:43 AM »
Chapter Five: Survival Training pt1

Seishun ran along the walking path of Fort Freyre’s residential houses. He just finished a mile run, forty push ups and sit ups as Filla instructed him to do every morning. The sunrise reflected all of the sweat from his face to his shoulder and the rest of his body. He wore a white tank top and black running shorts. The cold breeze swept away some of the tensions from the run that he did. He walked towards the nearest bench and began to think deeply. It has been three weeks since he started the first part of physical workout schedule.

A group of figures ran passed him and they were all using their soul powers. Beautiful rays of green, blue and violet danced serenely from their heads up to their toes. They ran gracefully as they floated two centimetres off the ground. When the group of runners left, he felt tingles on his skin. He didn’t know what those were. He was sure it wasn’t his for he hasn’t used his powers since he came to the fort. But the tingles said otherwise, the coloured substance remained on his skin until he was interrupted by a hovering shadow. It turned out to be Filla.

“Hey buddy, did you finish your routine yet?” He asked his usual beaming smile. “Have you got used to physical work out?”

“Yeah Filla I just did.” Seishun looked up to see a sweating him in a black tank top and a green cargo pants. “I think so, is there something that you want to talk about?”

He glanced at Seishun’s newly toned body. He gave him a hand of approval.

“It looks like you are ready for the second phase of the survival training!” He cued to follow him. “Let’s head to the open gym and explain how to use your soul powers.”

Seishun nodded and walked along with him.

He knew the long road to the open fields where the gym was located. He went there to do weight lifts and used various equipment for exercise. It was great however, he was given weird looks by the other people since he wasn’t using his soul powers when he did his exercise. He was bothered at first but he learned to get thick skin if he wanted to continue his training on becoming a realm guard.

They arrived on the open fields, it was wet and damped from the morning dew. It was the best place for them since nobody wanted to train there, and they didn’t want any prying eyes either. The sunrise was rested inside one of the pink clouds. The scenery of the mountains and the surrounded forest made it a very good ambience for training. Filla whistled a tune as some of the birds chirped in endless chatter at a distance. Seishun did nothing but to appreciate the view. Filla looked back at him, he clasped his hands with such enthusiasm.

“I’m excited to be your teacher Sei! Let’s start with the theory about souls.”

He concentrated for a second, the sparks of blue violet substance poured out of his body. It covered the rest of his body in an aura form. Seishun was awed at the sight.

“So, tell me Sei, what do you know about souls?”

“Umm..” Seishun got nervous, didn’t know what to say.

“Oh, come on buddy. I know that you can answer the question.”

Seishun thought for a moment. He looked at the live plants on the ground and formulated his answer.

“I think they’re like the essence of life itself. They’re a substance that can reside in a physical body that makes us living things.”

“Good answer, and do you know where your soul resides right?” Filla added.

“Yes, it’s inside the heart.”

“Do you want to know how the soul power will pour out of you correct?”

Seishun just stared at him. When he realised that he was in reality, he stopped looking dumbfounded and gave him a nod.

“Then, this is our first lesson!” Filla grinned at him. “Come closer.”

He walked closer to him and Filla put his hand over his shoulder. And suddenly, his power poured out from his body like heat. He felt strange yet for some reason his body was accustomed to the change.

“This is one of the methods on pouring out of your soul power. This is good for beginners but if this is a battlefield, you need to learn on how to summon it yourself.”

He patted him again and his power dissipated. The purple haired teen looked towards his blonde hair teacher and gave him a curious look.

“How can I manifest the powers myself then?” Seishun asked him while he watched him dissolved his own soul power as well.

“Many things to consider. Some can feel their inner power easily. Others can summon them through emotions like anger or fear. It really varies between soul user.”

“Does it have to do with the hierarchy soul colours as well?”

“Actually, yes. There is a reason that the hierarchy exists. It’s because of the anchor inside you that prevents you to do things that I find easy to do.”

“Anchor?” Seishun got puzzled.

“Soul Anchor. It’s a hidden force in each soul that prevents anyone from overusing their power. The level of power capacity from a user relates to the weight of the anchor itself. As the capacity is lower, the heavier the anchor is.”

Seishun thought for a moment. He remembered on how he did it the first time and concluded how difficult it was to conjure his power inside him. What Filla explained made sense to him.

“Is there a way to make it easier for me to conjure it? And how will I know my own limits?”

“Yeah, that is where our training starts. I will force you to summon your own power intensively. That way you will know what is the most comfortable way that you can get your own power appear during the soldier test. We will worry about your limits later in the course.”

“I’m ready for this. What shall we do first?” Seishun said eagerly.

“That’s the spirit. Okay! We will start by determining on how you will force your soul power by yourself.”

-o-

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 04:44:36 AM »
Chapter Five: Survival Training pt2

Beatific sounds of various voices fell to Filla’s ears. It woke him up instantly. He wiped his face, clearing away all the bed tears, pat his face and made himself grinned with excitement. He got himself changed into exercise gear and then walked towards the guest room to see if Seishun was asleep. Much to his surprise, Seishun woke up ahead of him. He didn’t mind it at all. He prepped himself to do some morning workouts.

By the time he was out of the door. He squatted a bit and then suddenly he jumped really high. He got a sudden urge to see the whole fort in a higher view. He stayed in that height and started to do his soul power exercises. The cold breeze and the ambience made it a good place to find motivation on keeping up the goal of staying fit physically and soulfully. As his blue violet powers were flaring, a massive green aura appeared at Filla’s general direction. His grey eyes scanned a figure who turned up to be female and he knew her pretty well.

“Major McRae, it’s been a while.” He saluted her. “What made you come to the heights today?”

“Please call me Rua.” She said in a lustful tone. Her uniform was navy blue and it was fitted with her voluptuous figure. “I did a little scanning around the fort as a part of my duties and just happen to find you.”

He knew that she followed him, but he didn’t say anything. He was planning to get away from her somehow but her hand was almost touching his aura. He backed off and was sweating profusely. She had a history of stalking high-level soldiers, used her powers to do unpleasant things with them. She was an asset to Aria faction but she was bane among men.

“Hey Rua, I got to go somewhere. Duties call.” He turned around to leave.

“You are going to train that low-level recruit, aren’t you?” She said in her normal voice which stopped Filla from leaving. “The general may be out of his mind, but you don’t have to listen to him if he’s… irrational.”

“How did you know that? And you have no right to call him crazy.” His voice became tense. He looked back at her in anger.

“How can you be so sure? He may be the current hero of the twelve millennia but recruiting a low-level civilian is out of the question. We already have set the rules. He does not belong here.”

“Oh yeah? He will prove you wrong. Under my guidance, he will pass the entrance test. You’re going to regret on belittling him. Goodbye Major.” He flew down to the ground and left her speechless.

As he descended, he used his soul power to scan the area in order to find Seishun. His grey eyes turned blue violet and saw multiple coloured souls at the bottom. He found a yellow spark on the west wing of the residential area and then followed him there. He flew down in a soft descent hovering him under his shadow.

“Hey buddy, did you finish your routine yet?” He beamed at him.

Hours has passed and Filla hasn’t able to force Seishun’s soul power out. He couldn’t be helped feeling sympathy for the teen. They decided to have a break from all training and ate dinner. They haven’t said a word until the next morning to try again. It repeated for weeks. And then one day, they were just sitting there thinking on what they should do differently.

“It’s alright Seishun, this is a simple challenge. We can get through this.” Filla reassured him, patted his shoulder. “Do you remember how you got your power out?”

“Yeah, I believe it was a near death experience. All I know that I wanted to protect my mom from harm and-” He explained but he was interrupted by Filla’s hand.

“Wait, so you wanted to protect your mom even though you didn’t know you have powers.” He looked at him with widened eyes. “If that’s the case, then that means…”

“That means what?” Seishun asked.

“That means your power comes out through your self-sacrifice.” He concluded. “I think you need the urged feeling of helping someone.”

“Oh but..”

“But what?” He looked at him ridiculously.

“But what if it doesn’t work?” Seishun assumed for the worse.

“Don’t worry bud, I have just formed two ideas on my mind.” He beamed at him. “Tell me, pick one or two.”

“What?” Seishun got confuzzled. “What’s one or two?”

“JUST PICK ONE!” He pressured him.

“Okay, okay.” Seishun held his hands up. “I choose two.”

“Good choice Sei.” He showed his dangerous looking smirk. Seishun wasn’t sure if he should be comfortable. “Follow me.”

After some minutes of walking, they were at the edge of the floating island. Filla turned to see a confused yet nervous stricken Seishun, who has no idea what he was going to do. He opened his arms and grinned at his new buddy.

“Sei, this is my final time to help you with your soul powers. If this doesn’t help, I hope you found another teacher.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I… am going to jump. And I won’t be using my powers. If you can’t help me. I will die.”

“NO DON’T FILLA! Is there any other way?”

“Nope, you chose this. I am doing it. If you can save me, good on you. If not, it’s been nice knowing you.”

“STOP! YOU CAN’T DO THIS!”

“Good bye Seishun.” And he fell.

“FILLA!!”

That’s all that he heard when he fell from the floating island. He was reminiscing his days as a soldier and all of his past memories. With his arms wide, he felt free for some reason. The opened darkness should be passed by soon when suddenly a large yellow substance covered him. The fall immediately felt lighter and slower. It was a very warm fuzzy feeling, and some other emotions that couldn’t be expressed. Someone grabbed him by the arm and a loud voice rang from his ears. It was Seishun’s voice.

“FLY FLY FLY!!”

The yellow glowing substance seemed to follow the command. It shaped like a golden phoenix. Both of them floated up and placed at the top of the floating island ground. The substance didn’t dissipate. Filla couldn’t help but feeling surreal.

“…Wow Sei. It looks like my plan worked.” He touched the warm yellow substance that was floating around them. “Your power capacity is amazing.”

“Huh? Really?” Seishun awed at the sight of his own power manifested.

“Look at all these amounts of soul power. It’s all came from you.”

The teen summoned some yellow sparks and for some reason, it came out easily. He appeared to be very confident in himself. That was something Filla wanted to do on him. Two of them enjoyed watching the substance floating around them as the sun shone on their heads, it shone all of their blood, sweat and tears.

-o-

Chapter Five: Survival Training pt3
General Eris read the shortest yet most ridiculous report that he has ever read. It said, “Report: Seishun Valley finally acquired to manifest his soul power on his own. All I did was to kill myself and he saved me. He is totally ready for the soldier test. -Lieutenant Filla Firewater.” He couldn’t helped but to frown at it. So many questions have flowed through his head. He seemed to wonder what his own lieutenant did to make this possible. He didn’t have any sleep for the past few days. With the report made by Filla, he wondered if he should be looked over this. He didn’t have any other choice.

After some consecutive messages to Filla, he finally got a time and place. It was at Filla’s house on lunch hour. He left the pile of documents that he was supposed to do and walked towards the west wing residential area where Filla lived. He knocked the door and was greeted by a bunch of confetti.

“Oh, hey General Eris.” Seishun was the first to greet him. “Sorry about the mess, we were having a mini party.”

“What are you so modest about Sei? Here, give him an orange juice.” Filla handed the cup filled with juice to him and gave it to the general.

“Lieutenant Firewater.”

“Yes, General Eris sir!”

“What is this? You call this a report?” He showed them the report that Filla made. “You made this half assed again.”

“Im sorry General sir. I was too busy on doing two things at once.”

“Which is?”

“The report and party of course!”

The general couldn’t helped it but he placed his hand on his temple. He sometimes wondered why he chose him as the leader of the Realm Guards team one. He found him very irresponsible in some cases but his charisma and self-driven personality gave it away for him to decide he should get the rank lieutenant. He won’t be surprised when he became a captain or something equal to his rank in a few years. He would if he only did everything that he was told to do.

“Can you tell me what happen before he manifests his own powers?”

“Uh yeah, sure. Hang on.” Filla went and sat on the leather couch. Seishun and the general did the same. “It all started when I asked Sei on how he acquired his powers for the first time.”

The general nodded, letting him to continue his report.

“He told me things that formulate these two ideas of mine. I made him choose one.”

“And those ideas are?”

“It was either I have intent to kill him or I should kill myself.”

“And he chose the latter.”

“Yes, he did.”

“What? Why didn’t you tell me the other option?” Seishun interjected.

“But Sei, if I told you, it will not work!” Filla turned to his buddy. “Come on, don’t look at me like that.”

The general coughed to get their attention.

“Oh, and.. so I threw myself out of the island and Sei saved me through his soul power. It was ginormous!”

“How big was the substance?”

“It’s as big as mine when I used my normal attack. I believe if he used his powers wisely, he can totally ace the soldier test, that endurance test I’m sure.”

“Is that so.” He turned to look at Seishun. “Seishun.”

“Yes, General Eris?”

“With power like that, you can match against the green and blue soul users. Please do keep on continuing your training. If you do, you will be accepted to the academy guaranteed. They won’t stop you.”

“…” Seishun’s tear flowed to his left side. “Yes sir, I will try my best!”

“Excellent.” General Eris drank his cup in one gulp. “Now Lieutenant, buy me some lunch.”

“What? We already got pastries here.”

“No, I don’t want those. I want tortellini pasta with extra cheese.”

“But General-”

“Are we clear?” He rose an eyebrow.

“Sir, yes sir.” Filla left to get his pasta with disappointment.

Seishun pitied him.  He and the general were alone, it became more awkward than before.

“Do you want some more juice?”

“Sure.” He gave his cup to him.

He poured a batch and gave it back to him. He looked solemn when the general looked at him.

“Is there something you want to ask me about?”

“I know you already told me this but still.. I want to know why you wanted to recruit me to be your men in the military?”

“Ah, I assumed that what I did bothered you.” The general looked at his cup. “Believe it or not, I maybe born a purple soul user, but I started terribly wrong.”

“Huh? Why?” Seishun asked. The general snickered to himself.

“I had no control of my own power before. All I did was making huge explosions. I was too dangerous to be trained among others.”

“Oh, how did you get stronger then?”

“My father sent me to Lord Devington of the West, He is a well-known scientist in Alva. He taught me everything I know about soul power fighting.”

“And that’s how you get stronger?”

“Yes, he is an excellent teacher. His methods were irrational to others but it was effective to me. After I graduated from him by the age of twenty-six, I took the soldier exam and passed it in many colours. My father immediately put me into Realm Guard group since I excel all the tests perfectly. I worked my way up ever since.”

“Wow, that’s great general! I wish I can do the same.”

“Yes, but..” The general suddenly became quiet. He looked bothered. Seishun watched him with wonder.

“There is something I want to tell you but.. I think I will when the time comes. In the meantime, why won’t we enjoy your celebration hmm?”

“..Yeah!”

The door flew opened with Filla and a big box of pasta.

“Here I am, order up!”
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 06:19:33 AM by shishi02 »

Offline bandile

• King of Manga Writing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 03:41:57 AM »
wow! a very good plot.! good luck