November 24, 2017, 12:31:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: New member need artist advice  (Read 288 times)

Offline Kolmanga

• View Profile
New member need artist advice
« on: July 30, 2017, 07:54:42 PM »
Hi
Im new her im an manga artist i do my best to be a great but i cant idont know wher is the problem in me i hat my art and i cant make my art more quality ..and im alone in fare contrie named algeria..pleas help me

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:04:27 PM by Kolmanga »

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
Re: New member need artist advice
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
Hiya, I can't see your art for some reason. Can you reupload it again?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:05:35 PM »
I looked at the links and searched them up. The art looks cool. Coloring looks cartoony but I don't know if you like it that way.

If you can, introduce yourself in the welcome center and tell us what level do you want your art to be at.

Offline Kolmanga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
Thank you so much  for ansewring me ...,and now?

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 08:09:52 PM »
I'm not good at assessing people's works. I will try though. Which part do you want to assess? Coloring? The human drawin? Etc?

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 08:10:16 PM »
Well, since this is in the general discussion section, it makes sense if there isn't art. (Although Forlorn seems to have quoted the post to find the links within it, which are probably formatted incorrectly but can still be traced and found.)

However, it would be a good idea for you to start a gallery in the artist sections for your work, even if they're just sketches. It's a lot easier to help point out what steps you can take to improve if we know where you're standing now. Introducing yourself in the Welcome Center is also a good way to get to know other raiders.

In general, though, I can think of a few words of advice for all newcomers:

1. Don't worry about style. Literally do not even think about it. Don't bring that word up in your mind. Just focus on the basics of art. Once you have the basics, style will come naturally. Style is just you, on the page. You'll figure out what works best for you as you continue to practice.
2. Take your time--don't look for shortcuts. Learning to draw takes time, and for some people, it can take years to master the human body alone. Until you have a good grasp on what's all going into a work, don't shy away from guidelines--they're there to help. Learn how to break things down into shapes, and learn how these shapes interact with each other, overlap each other, connect to each other, and etc.
3. Draw from life. It may seem counter-intuitive, but just about everyone here can confirm that working on drawing things from life makes things much easier to draw for a manga. Eventually, you'll start drawing backgrounds, so you might as well go ahead and draw things around your room, your home, your street, your town, and when it comes time to put those in your art, you'll be familiar with how they work.
4. This is an important one: Don't compare your level 5 to someone else's level 50. Trying to compare skill in art undoubtedly will lead to envy, and it's not productive. Everybody learns differently, and everybody goes at a different pace. It's fine to respect and admire other artists, even to learn from them, but don't get yourself caught in a cycle of "oh, I'll never be as good as them." Just remember, someday, someone might feel that way about your art.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Kolmanga

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 08:46:36 PM »
I'm not good at assessing people's works. I will try though. Which part do you want to assess? Coloring? The human drawin? Etc?

The first i want to thank you ..i cant beleiv it that some one can here me and give me help ...
The second i want to learn the anatomy and the vanish point

Offline Kolmanga

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 08:51:23 PM »
Thank you so much i will take all your advices.. you just bring me to live ...and am so sorry about the wrong place of the post ill try to open new one in gallery

But just one question
Wich web sit you us to upload images

Well, since this is in the general discussion section, it makes sense if there isn't art. (Although Forlorn seems to have quoted the post to find the links within it, which are probably formatted incorrectly but can still be traced and found.)

However, it would be a good idea for you to start a gallery in the artist sections for your work, even if they're just sketches. It's a lot easier to help point out what steps you can take to improve if we know where you're standing now. Introducing yourself in the Welcome Center is also a good way to get to know other raiders.

In general, though, I can think of a few words of advice for all newcomers:

1. Don't worry about style. Literally do not even think about it. Don't bring that word up in your mind. Just focus on the basics of art. Once you have the basics, style will come naturally. Style is just you, on the page. You'll figure out what works best for you as you continue to practice.
2. Take your time--don't look for shortcuts. Learning to draw takes time, and for some people, it can take years to master the human body alone. Until you have a good grasp on what's all going into a work, don't shy away from guidelines--they're there to help. Learn how to break things down into shapes, and learn how these shapes interact with each other, overlap each other, connect to each other, and etc.
3. Draw from life. It may seem counter-intuitive, but just about everyone here can confirm that working on drawing things from life makes things much easier to draw for a manga. Eventually, you'll start drawing backgrounds, so you might as well go ahead and draw things around your room, your home, your street, your town, and when it comes time to put those in your art, you'll be familiar with how they work.
4. This is an important one: Don't compare your level 5 to someone else's level 50. Trying to compare skill in art undoubtedly will lead to envy, and it's not productive. Everybody learns differently, and everybody goes at a different pace. It's fine to respect and admire other artists, even to learn from them, but don't get yourself caught in a cycle of "oh, I'll never be as good as them." Just remember, someday, someone might feel that way about your art.

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »
Oh I see, hmm you probably need to show your sketches in an art gallery forum somewhere. The first picture made me look at the size of his head and I think it's 3 1/2 heads long. That's too long for a semi realistic.. normally it's 2 1/2 heads for the male shoulder length. I can't decipher the body anatomy since it's a landscape.

I did saw your second drawing that you removed and I think it has a forshortening issue in the hands. I am happy that you tried dynamic poses despit having difficulty but this will help you learn how to fix it the next time.

Have you did some self study in anatomy? Did you draw those with references?

Offline Kolmanga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 09:05:23 PM »
Thank you shishi  i will open new post in gallery

I have just one question
Wish web sit you us to upload picturs
I lost my secon art trying to post more art

quote author=shishi02
link=topic=18472.msg285639#msg285639 date=1501462447]
Oh I see, hmm you probably need to show your sketches in an art gallery forum somewhere. The first picture made me look at the size of his head and I think it's 3 1/2 heads long. That's too long for a semi realistic.. normally it's 2 1/2 heads for the male shoulder length. I can't decipher the body anatomy since it's a landscape.

I did saw your second drawing that you removed and I think it has a forshortening issue in the hands. I am happy that you tried dynamic poses despit having difficulty but this will help you learn how to fix it the next time.

Have you did some self study in anatomy? Did you draw those with references?
[/quote]

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 09:09:20 PM »
It depends on your preference. I upload my works in deviantart site where you need to sign up in order to upload in there. Other one that I used is imgur site. You can upload without an account but you can also make one if you want to see your past works in there.

Other sites that looks like deviantart:
Drawcrowd
Pixiv (Japanese website)
Paigeeworld

Offline Kolmanga

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 07:51:19 AM »
It depends on your preference. I upload my works in deviantart site where you need to sign up in order to upload in there. Other one that I used is imgur site. You can upload without an account but you can also make one if you want to see your past works in there.

Other sites that looks like deviantart:
Drawcrowd
Pixiv (Japanese website)
Paigeeworld

ah ok shishi ....really thank you i have a deviantart account  but i dont know how to show them up as images in forum ...

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »
If you are using a phone like me, you can do this: click downloads then click the image address.

On how to put a image code into the forum:

Code: [Select]
[spoiler][img width=1600]http://orig02.deviantart.net/281a/f/2017/201/a/d/draw_me_again__bo_peep_by_shishi02-dbh3iw8.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Just change the image link to your link.

Here's the example:

Spoiler