November 24, 2017, 12:29:14 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: new artist trying to learn (any advice)  (Read 172 times)

Offline twonoki

• View Profile
new artist trying to learn (any advice)
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:07:27 PM »
         i just started practicing on  my drawing about 2 days ago, and i love the results. i see big improvement

in my drawing in little time. i practice by drawing things around the house, drawing hundreds of anime

eyes, watching youtube vids, and taking free online lessons. i did this everyday since i started drawing.

I want to learn to draw my charcters for my own manga, and i want to learn to draw them in different poses
               also. am i going the right route or are there better methods of learning? 

(any advice?)

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: new artist trying to learn (any advice)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
Definitely keep drawing items around the house. That's something that helps me a lot. Really get to know how things work that you don't see, like how a box has an inside that is typically obscured, and a back wall that is usually at least partially covered by the front of it. After that, don't be afraid to pick up a couple of books on the human anatomy. I do not recommend manga anatomy books, as they are typically just outright incorrect and can take a while to unlearn and relearn again proper. Understanding how the actual body works makes it easier to turn that body into an anime/manga style.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:57:21 PM »
Hiya, you can look for "fundamentals of art" in google if you want to be more than good from animes/mangas. Anime style itself is a style but if you know let's say how to look at the arms shape, they have underlying forms and shapes going on in there that makes it like that. I'm pretty sure you will learn more than just a character drawing when you do the fundamentals.

I would recommend to be picky on whom you watch from free videos because they tend to give you bad habits when you're just learning how to draw. If you can, you can invest money on paid videos or books that are made by professionals about fundamentals of art. They're a bit pricey but they're worth it. If anything, research what you need to learn and read reviews before buying anything.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:00:38 PM by shishi02 »

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 09:02:16 PM »
And for the love of god, don't put any more money in that cash cow Chris Hart's pocket. His s--- is jank.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 10:28:24 PM »
@Twonoki

Plz post your topics in write place. I had to move this to General Discussion in Artist section and this is not the first time I had to move your topics. I have told you to take a look at forum Index several times now. Next time I will simply delete any of your topics in wrong place rather than moving. So at least now take a look at Forum Structure and also forum rules if you haven't yet.