November 18, 2017, 04:20:20 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Do you like recieving of Giving?  (Read 244 times)

Online YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Mikazuki no Kokai
    • View Profile
Do you like recieving of Giving?
« on: July 26, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »

I recently recieved a necklace from a friend, yes I was happy at first but, after giving it to me, my friend constantly ask me to give this or that to them and because of the gift I recieved, I feel uncomfortable turning them down...

Which is why, I wanted to get MR opinions on the subject, would you rather recieve a gift or give a gift?

Offline GreenBeverage

• Ribbit Ribbit
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like recieving of Giving?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 12:16:07 PM »
Personally I wouldn't accept expensive gifts for this exact reason  :-\ The best gifts you can give is something everyone can enjoy, a trip to the cinema, eating at a restraunt, etc. I always find that goes down well for me and my friends  :thumbsup:

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:18:51 PM »
Hmm, in my case I love giving. Seeing people happy for a few moments is in a gift in itself. So every time I see my nieces running about with their 2ds's on a car ride or something is great.  Or just giving something stupid to a friend to chuckle about for a few minutes.

As for receiving I tend to not like it as much. Not that I use much jewelry or hats etc. So normally they dont really have anything to give me which is a + in my book

If its something like someone is asking me if I want something food or else wise, its a def no-no.
Message me for any assistance you need! I'd be glad to help.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »
Tell them you can't wear that necklace because of you wrist pain.make an excuse to return it back (TROLL)

Online YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Mikazuki no Kokai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »
Personally I wouldn't accept expensive gifts for this exact reason  :-\ The best gifts you can give is something everyone can enjoy, a trip to the cinema, eating at a restraunt, etc. I always find that goes down well for me and my friends  :thumbsup:

That sound like a good idea, everyone benefit from it~

Hmm, in my case I love giving. Seeing people happy for a few moments is in a gift in itself. So every time I see my nieces running about with their 2ds's on a car ride or something is great.  Or just giving something stupid to a friend to chuckle about for a few minutes.

As for receiving I tend to not like it as much. Not that I use much jewelry or hats etc. So normally they dont really have anything to give me which is a + in my book

If its something like someone is asking me if I want something food or else wise, its a def no-no.
I understand, food is not something I can accept, it is always good to see people happy tho~

Tell them you can't wear that necklace because of you wrist pain.make an excuse to return it back (TROLL)

But that would mean losing the necklace I was happy at getting...

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 01:49:28 PM »
A gift is just that, a gift. If you are required to pay back for it in money or services then it's more of a bribe trade and an underhanded one if they didn't tell you prior.

When you are given a gift it is polite to sometimes give one back, but asking for something themselves is a bit rude.
Interested in commissioning artwork or storyboards?
https://robinryuu.wixsite.com/dragonscale-studios

Offline Nonnegative00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 10:51:38 AM »
A gift should be a no-strings attached item. Otherwise it's just pre-payment for a favor.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »
I love recieving . Everyone please give me money!!! My patreon is on my signature.

If you don't give me money the devil will appear in you nightmares  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Tobari

• LIGHT NOVELIST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 02:04:23 PM »
I do not like either. But not accepting a gift is considered rude, so...