March 28, 2024, 04:31:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Velvet Room (aka the Tarot Thread)  (Read 14942 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Velvet Room (aka the Tarot Thread)
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »
Funny enough, I did get a raise just a couple weeks ago.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 08:22:30 PM »
Woo! Thanks for the reading! The eerie thing is, the outcome is strangely relevant right now in my life. Either way, just glad I didn't land the Tower.  :clapping:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »
Nobody ever wants the Tower. The Tower just comes when it needs to.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 08:39:44 PM »
Not sure if your willing to nor if you have anyone on the wait list at the moment...but I would love to have another reading done by you! Of course, feel free to say no.  As for a spread itself I'm thinking of taking 3 this time around. Sorry if this sounds weird of me .-. I'm just intrigued by these kinds of things.
Message me for any assistance you need! I'd be glad to help.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:26 PM »
Still trying to figure out mine, but as far as changes go I've decided recently to try therapy again and hoping things (relations with myself and others) improve.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »
okay, I'm interested

Spoiler
So how much do you need?

Before you freak out, I have all this blood because I just saw this.
Spoiler

I want the star of discovery done but the past life one is way more interesting. Like, am I stuck in a cycle or am I about to escape the cycle and finally  transcend.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »
So the current waitlist is Flames and Forlorn. Noted for next time I have my deck on me...
and a Life Spread for Op13. I'm going to need a bigger desk.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:19:30 PM by MahluaandMilk »
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »
I'm willing to go all-out and go with #5, the Life Spread. #4 would be my next, but I'll be patient until then...  8)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 12:28:53 PM »
I suppose while this stuff might be interpreted in any number of ways, I'd have to confess I'm shocked at the accuracy of some of the things. Some are problems I'm currently trying to actively tackle, but then again it might be somewhat obvious from the way I talk. Interesting nevertheless, and at the very least represents a deep understanding of how humans work and their patterns, as well as picking these things up. Or perhaps just magic. At any rate, color me impressed.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 11:19:09 PM »
As an update: Now that I have a PayPal account set up, if only because the sheer amount it of time it takes for me to type all the information up, any requests for the past life spread will cost a dollar and for the largest spread, two and a half. That will only apply to requests made after this post. Op13's request for a life spread prior to this post will still be free.

I should be able to get to work on these by the end of the week-ish.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 11:24:09 PM »
Surely you hadn’t thought I’d forgotten about this thread. Sadly, I have mostly been using my deck for personal readings lately, hence some of the delay. You can also thank my university life for that. In any case, I believe the lineup for readings has been Forlorn and Flames for the Star of Discovery Spread and Op13 for the life spread.

You may notice that some of my interpretations have shifted. This is likely because the more I work with this deck, the more little subtleties come to light for me, and this is especially true regarding the particular use I’ve been having this deck do for me the past couple of months.

Now, after a full cleansing of my room, onto the readings!

Star of Discovery spread for Flames:
1. Denial: IV—The Emperor. You are ready to take the lead in something, but there is an inner conflict between what is good and what may be too rigid. This is a very masculine and fiery card associated with Mars and the sign Aries. Its main message is to tell you to take the reins now, because you will know what to do.
2. Anxiety: X—The Wheel of Fortune. One of the readings of this card that stuck out to me for this reading is that it can often convey how well you are rolling with the punches of the unpredictable obstacles of life. Perhaps you feel that you are in over your head, or that some outside force is causing things to be out of your control. You must find the trust in yourself to handle those obstacles as they arise, no matter which direction they come from. They will help you grow, if you let them.
3. Inferiority: VII—The Chariot. There is an inner conflict going on about whatever situation is most pressing to you at this time. Regardless of how, you must move forward. You know this, but are likely struggling to figure out the “right way” to do so. This card advises to stop worrying about that and to go ahead and start progressing in any way, because it will still be progress. If you pay attention to your path, you will find your way and it will make sense once you get moving.
4. Anger: 0—The Fool. “So many choices, so many things I can do and create—how can I choose?” That is the main message I received when carefully observing this card. It also wants to let you know that it’s good to make fun of yourself from time to time, in light of all of these decisions. The fact is that you could well succeed in any of the choices before you now, and the anger comes from not knowing which. Much like the Chariot, the response is to simply pick one that you will be happy with, and once you feel comfortable, you can come back to the others as well. There’s no rush, in the grand scheme of things—and the Fool is always scheming.
5. Secrecy: XVI—The Tower. This card really wants to let you know that it’s okay to let go. It won’t reveal anything to me, and the general impression I get is that you know exactly what it’s talking about. There is some bigger expectation over you that makes you feel as if you have to conform to a certain way of doing things, and you know you don’t want to or have to, and yet the pressure is still weighing on you.
6. Self-Loathing: V—The Hierophant. Again, this card does not have much that it wants to tell me, except that it is related to what the Tower is trying to tell you. Primarily, it deals with whoever or whatever is making that pressure happen. The gift associated with this card is belief in the systems of life based on your experience and prior knowledge as opposed to what others tell you.

On the whole, it looks like you’ve got some confidence stuff to work on, mate. Whatever you’ve got going on in your personal life, it could be that it’s time to be the bird that flies the coop, or however that expression goes.

---

Star of Discovery spread for Forlorn Serpent:
1. Denial: 0—The Fool: In this position, the Fool wants you to know that you’re cutting yourself off from some important opportunities and possibilities with your current mindset.
2. Anxiety: XVI—The Tower: Again, I got a feeling that you know what it is that you’re supposed to let go of, but in your case, it’s more of a fear of letting go of that thing, and I think it’s talking about a mindset. At this point you might have an inkling as to what you’re running your life with that doesn’t feel right, but you don’t want to outright admit it yet. Unfortunately, not admitting it isn’t going to stop it from beating you down.
3. Inferiority: XVII—The Star: With the design of my deck, the people look hyperrealistic in the face and the background seems very “fake” and artsy, and in this case, the card wanted me to focus on that. According to the Star, you feel like you can’t quite connect to these abstract and weird mushy-gushy optimistic petty things like hope and growth, and it’s actually holding you back. Perhaps there’s a little envy going on behind the scenes, too. Since usually this is a card of healing, in this position, it denotes despair.
4. Anger: XX—Judgement: You get back what you put in. Simple as that. Negatively aspected, this card is one of perfectionism, hypercriticism of self and others, unrealistic expectations, and overwork. You may feel like others can’t get on your level, but perhaps that’s because you aren’t even on the level you set yourself to be on. I can see how even this in a minor degree can be a source of anger, since it doesn’t take much to set off a perfectionistic downward spiral of thought that leads to “Nothing is good enough, nothing is worth it, f=== life.”
5. Secrecy: XI—Justice: There’s a time and a place for logical, calculated judgements, and there is also a time for letting your emotions play a part in weighing decisions. You have to balance these things, and yes, emotions too. You’re human, and they’re supposed to play a part, but not too great a part. The path will clear for you when you have that balance in yourself.
6. Self-Loathing: XXI—The World: Another perfectionism card. Its primary message to you is to keep yourself grounded in the present, because the more time you waste worrying about dealing with something, the more likely it is to slip through your fingers. Own every moment, even the painful ones.

I had a little difficulty with your reading, honestly. I had to pull back and ask myself if my own opinion of you was swaying the reading, and so I had to sit and meditate with things for quite some time before I felt like I had something more accurate and personal to offer you. The cards kept reminding me to treat you “delicately”, telling me that there is more going on than I know. They say if you truly want to face these things, it will be harsh. Do not hold yourself back from greatness, friend.

---

I would go on for Op’s life spread reading, but I’m starting to get a little worn out. Trying to trace my connection with others and to meditate deeply on the cards after a day of traveling around my state to get back home has probably taken a toll on me. I’ve made a note to remind myself to do your reading first thing tomorrow.

Senebty, everyone.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 12:21:56 AM »
Thanks

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 02:34:56 PM »
Not a problem, Forlorn.

And now for Op’s Life Spread. Whoo boy...You may notice that I left out the Anchor--and admittedly that's mostly because I didn't want to fish out all the Major Arcana again because shuffling them back in evenly is frustrating.

Operative 13’s Life Spread:
1-4—Personal: These cards show what is perhaps most important to you, or relevant to things you are experiencing or will experience, or what you would like to experience.
We have the Ten of Pentacles, aspected by VI: the Lovers, XVII: the Star, and the Queen of Cups.
The Ten of Pentacles is typically a card of prosperity and inheritance, although it can refer also to legal documents or property deeds and the like. The Lovers is a card after its own namesake, of course, but can also refer to any healthy relationship with balance and helpful influence, and the Star typically provides a soothing, healing touch. The Queen of Cups typically refers to a person, as court cards are like to do, and she (I say loosely, because the card still may refer to a man with feminine qualities) is capable of intense emotions under the surface, although she tends to remain aloof, and yet also is a good listener. She may be a confusing person to read unless you know her well enough.
From this I gather a family-based statement, although I could be wrong. In either case, these influences in your personal life are generally positive for your present situation and environment. Whoever this Queen refers to, it may seem strange, but you can actually rely on her.
5-8—Home Life: These cards refer to your personal life more in the sense of what’s going on behind the scenes, sometimes with family, sometimes with leisure and hobbies.
Here we have the Three of Cups, aspected by the Eight of Swords, the Ten of Wands, and the Queen of Swords. While this may be a time of celebration as the Three of Cups suggests, it looks like the other cards are trying to tell you about something stressful. The Eight of Swords is a card of feeling stagnant and bound by outside forces, although the way out may be easier than you think, but the Ten of Wands next to it confirms that you may have bitten off more than you can chew and that perseverance will be your saving grace. That said, it looks like the Three of Cups is moreso coming to warn you not to let your pot boil over and to take things in moderation. As for the Queen of Swords, she is a diligent, witty, no-nonsense type, and I can’t tell at the moment what her relation to you is, nor if she is the cause of some of these stressors or someone who can help you to manage them. She is known for having good advice, although it may not be what you want to hear. If you ask the right questions, though, you’ll find what you’re looking for.
9-12—Work Life: These cards discuss things involving your career, or simply money or worldly drives in general that typically deal with professions.
The Two of Cups presents itself with the Six of Pentacles, the Nine of Cups, and the Ten of Cups. All I can say at first is “Wow, that’s a lot of good happy stuff going on.” It looks like there’s a new connection, and it’s a happy balanced one, according to the Two of Cups which presides over this segment. The other cards all confirm this, as you have the Six of Pentacles, which refers to having enough to give and a time of sharing, and the Nine of Cups, also known as the “wish” card—make a wish and it will come true, or so they say—and the Ten of Cups, the perfect union of emotion and harmonic balance in the home life. Whatever is going on in your professional life, it looks like you will find success and prosperity in it, particularly in the ways of emotional fulfillment.
13-16—Love and Other Personal Relationships: These can be romantic or otherwise, but these cards deal with those close to you and situations involving those relationships.
The base card is VIII: Strength with 0: the Fool, the Four of Swords, and XIII: Death under its hold. Strength is always a determiner to keep track of what you’re doing, how hard you’re holding on, what you’re putting your energy into, and the courage to do what’s best for you in the long run. What I see unfolding here, and it does appear to be a progression, is an important opportunity or choice (the Fool) that will take time to mull over and think through, and make sure you have all the reserved strength you need to face the consequences, positive and negative, of this decision (the Four of Swords), and ultimately, there will be a transformation that may require you to let go of the old and let in the new (Death). This change will more than likely be for the better for you and for others, so don’t despair. With Strength showing up like she has, the message here is that you can handle what’s going to be thrown at you, and the Fool confirms this as the card of potential. It’s going to be tough, whatever it is, but you got this.
17-20—The Future: This set links up with every other set and shows how events will likely unfold.
This one seems a little strange in comparison to the rest. We have the Two of Swords aspected by the Page of Pentacles, the Nine of Pentacles, and the Five of Pentacles, in that order. The Two of Swords is the “stalemate” card, and again there appears to be a clear progression of events. The Page of Pentacles brings generally positive news, likely of a financial nature according to your career segment, and the Nine of Pentacles follows him, another card of prosperity and material security…but then we have the Five of Pentacles, which usually denotes a time of financial hardship, which I can see in your relationship and home segments. With this progression being under the Two of Swords, it may take a bit to wrap your head around the ins and outs, and it will probably feel like something external is blocking you from seeing a way out. Perhaps that’s where the Queens come in, or perhaps there is a warning here about the decisions being made in all areas of your life, which brings me to the final card.
21—The Key: This card aspects the entire reading and provides insight for further meditation.
Here we have the Two of Wands. I tend to read this card differently from my guidebook usually, but here it looks like the guidebook might have more to say. This card usually appears after a project has gotten off the ground and can refer to a partnership or some grand decision in the works. I see this usually more as a card of choice and important decisions, but all things considered, some sort of partnership seems likely.

At this point it’s safe to say that most decisions you will be making for a while will be important for personal reasons, and it looks like there are a lot of people involved. It also looks like you’ll have a peak and a decline, but at the same time it looks possible to get some help preemptively in order to manage these decisions and whatever obstacle lies on the horizon. Take care of yourself and don’t completely reject the notion of getting a second opinion, or a third, or a fourth. You will overcome what’s going on in the more immediate future, but reserve some strength at least for what’s further down the road.

Senebty.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:38:45 PM by MahluaandMilk »
Haha signature go brr.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
This is definitely one way to get in touch with my pagan roots  :ninja: Could I take a #1 please?

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »
Ah, yes, Pagan roots. What path do you follow, if you don’t mind me asking? Although I suppose before I go around asking all that I’ll go ahead and do the spread for you.

Daily Spread for GreenBeverage:
1. Works: Four of Pentacles. There’s a tiredness hanging up somewhere, and it probably feels like you should hold on to what you have. The general warning of this card is to not hold on too tightly and thereby become miserly. Be aware of what you have, what you need, and how much energy you put into maintaining your resources, but also watch how much you hold back, and why you do so.
2. Home: Four of Cups. Life seems to be going on around you. Perhaps you are weary in this area of your life as well, or maybe even nostalgic about days gone by and the way things used to be. It’s possible that at this point you’re having trouble seeing the forest for the trees, and there is an opportunity that you may miss if you continue to be caught up in these droning type of emotions.
3. Unexpected: Ten of Swords. Your thought processes and insecurities have grown overwhelming. You feel defeated about something, like a game over screen flashing before your eyes on a goal you too eagerly set out for. It’s often hard to deal with the effects of this card, but you’ll have to brush that feeling of defeat aside, brush yourself off, and move forward with that weight dragging until you can free yourself from it entirely.
4. Your Role: XIX: The Sun. This is perhaps one of the most favorable cards for success and in this position I feel that it is telling you to not let yourself burn out, to continue to find the good in the difficult situations surrounding what’s going on, and to persevere. Take everything going in your favor and run with it. There may even be a few things you have to align in your favor for yourself.
5. Outcome: Seven of Swords. One might expect as much with all the weariness and stressors abound. This card typically carries a bit of bad luck about it, from things not going as well as planned down to theft, although I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion based on the other cards. Keep your wits about you, and avoid taking heavy-handed measures for the time being. I feel that this could have something to do with the Four of Pentacles based on imagery, and you can best manage the effects of it (if not negate them) with the influence that the Sun provides.

I hope this information doesn’t add any stress to the situation and instead provides you a little insight, validation, and help.

Senebty.
Haha signature go brr.