April 22, 2018, 06:20:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Velvet Room (aka the Tarot Thread)  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: The Velvet Room (aka the Tarot Thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »
Oh, I nearly forgot about this!  :o A pleasure to see you back up doing these things again, Malhua  8) I wonder if I can ask for a second reading...  :-\ but that probably is already putting much on the table. (Get it? Because... I'll go now)

As for that little picture in the OP, from the depths of Google, I hereby conjure my expert Interweeb skills to call upon Chikage from "Sister Princess"!  :D
Spoiler
A fairly old anime from 2001-2002... do I get super brownie points now?  :biggrin:
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »
I was sincerely hoping nobody would have to reverse Google to get it, but...(sighs heavily) yup. It was one of my first anime, because the library had some of the old discs in like seven volumes, then somehow one of my aunts accidentally stumbled upon the full box set at TJ Maxx or something and got it for me for Christmas. It's not a good show and I don't really recommend it, but in a lot of really weird ways it has influenced me heavily. It's a golden polished turd that holds a special place in my heart.

Also Chikage is one of the first anime characters I felt personally attached to in a "this is me" kind of way. Now that I've gotten older, the resemblance is getting ridiculous. When I dyed my hair purple especially...

Point in case, the reason she's here is because just about every episode there's a scene where she's doing a tarot reading for her brother, and typically by the end of the episode, its lesson comes to fruition. I've been meaning to re-watch the entire series now, knowing what I know about tarot, to catch more of those little subtleties from her.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »
We all have that little niche we find as a golden gem among the plethora of anime we get nowadays. I bet no one remembers Jubei-chan, a personal favourite of mine way back when  8)
Spoiler
For its time, the fight scenes in of itself was superb. You don't find much anime in such styles as these anymore...  :ninja:
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2017, 05:35:37 AM »
Ah, yes, Pagan roots. What path do you follow, if you don’t mind me asking? Although I suppose before I go around asking all that I’ll go ahead and do the spread for you.

Daily Spread for GreenBeverage:
1. Works: Four of Pentacles. There’s a tiredness hanging up somewhere, and it probably feels like you should hold on to what you have. The general warning of this card is to not hold on too tightly and thereby become miserly. Be aware of what you have, what you need, and how much energy you put into maintaining your resources, but also watch how much you hold back, and why you do so.
2. Home: Four of Cups. Life seems to be going on around you. Perhaps you are weary in this area of your life as well, or maybe even nostalgic about days gone by and the way things used to be. It’s possible that at this point you’re having trouble seeing the forest for the trees, and there is an opportunity that you may miss if you continue to be caught up in these droning type of emotions.
3. Unexpected: Ten of Swords. Your thought processes and insecurities have grown overwhelming. You feel defeated about something, like a game over screen flashing before your eyes on a goal you too eagerly set out for. It’s often hard to deal with the effects of this card, but you’ll have to brush that feeling of defeat aside, brush yourself off, and move forward with that weight dragging until you can free yourself from it entirely.
4. Your Role: XIX: The Sun. This is perhaps one of the most favorable cards for success and in this position I feel that it is telling you to not let yourself burn out, to continue to find the good in the difficult situations surrounding what’s going on, and to persevere. Take everything going in your favor and run with it. There may even be a few things you have to align in your favor for yourself.
5. Outcome: Seven of Swords. One might expect as much with all the weariness and stressors abound. This card typically carries a bit of bad luck about it, from things not going as well as planned down to theft, although I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion based on the other cards. Keep your wits about you, and avoid taking heavy-handed measures for the time being. I feel that this could have something to do with the Four of Pentacles based on imagery, and you can best manage the effects of it (if not negate them) with the influence that the Sun provides.

I hope this information doesn’t add any stress to the situation and instead provides you a little insight, validation, and help.

Senebty.

I know several family members dabble in the Celtic lore; druids, nature, spirits and such. Personally I had that strict Christian upbringing but like to explore other ideas  :hmm: It feels so invigorating when you can say things that you’d expect from movies “God’s guide me” “To the hells with that guy!” but it’s in a real life context  :thumbsup:

To be fair, number 3 is very accurate with my current situation. I even dream of my teeth falling out which I’ve been told is related to repressed insecurities. Number 1 I agree with being tired but I’m not sure I understand the whole resources part... unless it’s  related to money. Hmmm...

Thanks for the reading though, I’ll definitely keep finding good in every difficult situation I find  :thumbsup:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2017, 01:45:33 PM »
Number 1 I agree with being tired but I’m not sure I understand the whole resources part... unless it’s  related to money. Hmmm...

Yes. The pentacles are a suit of material goods, which often means money. I don't like to immediately jump to that conclusion, though, since there are other "material goods" that it can refer to.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2017, 02:56:11 PM »
Like... houses?  :noidea: Or did an innuendo just fly over my head

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »
The simple answer there is "yes." The cards aren't very explicit most of the time. They simply show designated patterns of influences, not specifics.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 04:32:06 PM »
Update: A friend of mine's Yule gift for me finally shipped in, and it just so happens to be the Major Arcana deck from Persona 3/4. I definitely look forward to working with her, although it looks like I need to dig a little more into the Megami Tensei lore to better work with her.

That said, with a little more dabbling, I may be able to add a few Major Arcana specific spreads to my options. Now it really is the Velvet Room. Might as well get myself a Margaret cosplay while I'm at it.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »
Bless~ Persona cosplay is always fun!

I actually did the MC from Persona 4 many years ago and I have the outfit for the MC from Persona 5. xD

Going into Megami Tensei lore is going to hurt so bad though. They have so much work and so many iterations of the same fiends. I wish you the best of luck!
I'm back~~~

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 06:33:49 PM »
I think I still have my set of persona 3/4 major tarot cards that I got as an added gift with my purchase of persona 4 arena ultimax. The game didn't come with the full set though, only the first ten cards, which still upsets me to this day. They could've gave me that whole set...

But that's sounds cool Lua! Like Sai already said, the lore of Megami Tensei is hella deep. You're going to have to do a lot of digging. And I mean a lot of digging. If it helps, the Megami Tensei wiki is an obvious good place to start, although I'm pretty sure you're already aware of it.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Megami_Tensei_Wiki

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 09:44:28 PM »
Yeah, the Megami Tensei wiki was going to be my starting point, and then, since this deck specifically comes from Persona 3 and 4, looking into those particular connections and seeing what aspects of the Major Arcana they present. It'll probably take a good study day all its own to get a handle on, really.

The Persona deck sure is a thing all her own. My Guilded Tarot deck doesn't care about how I address it, but she gives off such a strong feminine vibe I can't not use she/her/hers pronouns. She's a little strange feeling at the moment still, but I think a nice cleansing and more natural charging will settle that out. She's definitely awake, though, and the two test readings I did aligned with one another and even related to some cards that jumped when I was first shuffling her to wake her up.
Got Ecchi? Join us.