November 24, 2017, 12:27:50 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hello, new writer here  (Read 199 times)

Offline Zeldro

• View Profile
Hello, new writer here
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »
Hi!

I'm Zeldro, and I write a lot of fanfiction. When I found this forum, I got so excited, because it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I mainly write crossover fanfictions, and was hoping in the future it could get a manga adaptation from an artist here - paid, of course.

The fic I have in mind is a Zelda x Attack on Titan crossover. It's almost 30 chapters, averaging 5k words for each chapter.

It won't be for a few weeks until I actually start searching for an artist but I just wanted to check out this place early, and also introduce myself.

What kind of stuff do you guys write? Mainly original works? Do you collaborate with artists? If so, how much control do you have of what is drawn? I'm genuinely curious of how that whole process is.
fanfiction.net/~zeldro

zeldro.weebly.com - my website

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, new writer here
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:59:34 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders!

We actually have a lot more people writing original stories than fan fiction. It will be nice to see the fan fiction section seeing some life!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 02:23:50 AM »
Welcome to MR

Since you are a writer do you have any other stories or short stories you have completed already ? If you do it would be nice if you can post those in our Manga Writers section. Also check other writers stories and post your reviews and comments. That way they will be interested to read your too. At end you will get to know more writers so you can find members who are willing to work with you.

Finding an artist won't be easy. Even if you are paying and you need a certain amount of control then you need to have a completed story with full character profiles etc. If not naturally the artist will start drawing the story as he/she see it in their mind and that might be not the same picture you have in your mind. So it's better get to know artists and also finish your Story first.

Offline Zeldro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »
Welcome to MR

Since you are a writer do you have any other stories or short stories you have completed already ? If you do it would be nice if you can post those in our Manga Writers section. Also check other writers stories and post your reviews and comments. That way they will be interested to read your too. At end you will get to know more writers so you can find members who are willing to work with you.

Finding an artist won't be easy. Even if you are paying and you need a certain amount of control then you need to have a completed story with full character profiles etc. If not naturally the artist will start drawing the story as he/she see it in their mind and that might be not the same picture you have in your mind. So it's better get to know artists and also finish your Story first.

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to check out the manga writers section and also post there.

My story is divided into parts, with each roughly equal to the length of a lengthy novel. And I've planned out many parts in advance and it'd take a while before I finish. I finished part 1 not too long ago, so I thought I could start with that and when part 2 finishes I could continue.
fanfiction.net/~zeldro

zeldro.weebly.com - my website

Offline Coldmiser8675

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »
Hi there! Nice to meet you! I'm glad you decided to write in MR!

It's a very active site, with loads of friendly advice and support. Coryn is right; a lot of people write more original works other than fanfiction, and from what I've read, they're thrillers, action, high fantasy, and some humor.

I personally write humor and action. I find it very enjoyable to write goofy stuff, while I'm also trying to improve my levels of prose.

I have glanced over at your Zelda and Attack on Titan fanfiction when writing on my Shrek fanfiction. Perhaps I'll give it a gander!

Welcome again!

Coldmiser
Check out my story! Honey, Stalin Took the Kids >>http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,13888.0.html