January 17, 2018, 07:37:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: RIP Chester Bennington  (Read 265 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
RIP Chester Bennington
« on: July 20, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »
Ah man. I just found out while finally having a burst of inspiration for the ages. Totally sidelined me. I had no idea he had issues like that.

RIP to a true legend. Don't know if I'll be able to listen to his songs the same anymore.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Chester Bennington
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 03:23:19 PM »
"In the end, it doesn't even matter"  -YouTube comments

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
Whoa. This is unexpected.

and a suicide to, jeez. You know as I've said I liked Linkin Park a lot in the 2007-8 days, and I still have affection for the tunes I loved then. Stuff like What I've Done, Numb and Breaking The Habit is still pretty good today. All things considered he was a good vocalist for the music and an icon of 2000's rock. R.I.P.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
Yeah, I mean people gotta go but the suicide bit is really rough to hear. He's just been so iconic to my listening tastes. I feel ancient to be seeing legends die like this.

Can't imagine how his  band mates are feeling about it, but in the end, respect to a legend. Going to raise a glass to him for sure.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• Understood Newt
  • A truly critical mind is an open mind, and vice versa.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:24:06 PM »
I've never been a fan, but terrible news. RIP

I used to think that that era of mainstream rock was all just melodramatic high school angst, but I've discovered over the years, with My Chemical Romance and Korn, that there was real depression, addiction, and trauma amongst those individuals. The depressive lyrics didn't come from nowhere.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
Yeah, a friend of mine on Skype told me about it. I was surprised myself, and while they were on tour I believe? Prayers to the band, friends, and family and how they're going to adjust to this.

It's definitely true that lyrics of a certain variety can't just come without some experience.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 05:23:27 PM »
I just learnt it. I'm shocked and sad because I have grown with Linkin Park. 

Their songs helped me a lot during difficult times since I was a teenager, back at Hybrid theory album (2001: my actual students weren't born yet O__o). Even the language barrier didn't keep me then  from buying all their cd because their songs echoed in my heart. Even after all those years, I'm still a LP fan.

As an artist, a writer, a performer, Chester was a legend in my eyes. His voice went from hoarse to tender, from clear to torn in the same sentence. Chester had been fighting addictions for years: you could feel those strugglings in many of their songs. The sincerity of his singing came from true experience. Maybe that's why I could identify easily to their songs. Whatever truly went through his heart or his head,  I just hope he's at peace now. I'm devastated for his children , his family.

As said in the earlier posts, you can't listen the same way to their songs from now on. T____T

When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done, help me leave behind some reasons to be missed. Don't ressent me, and when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest.

What I've done? In this farewell, there's no blood, there's no alibi. Let mercy come and wash away what I've done.

I hope he's free of his pain. Rest in peace, legend.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 05:26:19 PM by Corycaly »

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »
Linkin Park was a bit part of my early teens. Like for so many people, it helped me cope with some stuff.

Besides being sad for the untimely and unexpected passing of Chester, for me this also feels like the end of an era in its way. So much time has passed with LP around this really takes me way back somehow. This voice I've heard probably thousands of times by now suddenly makes me emotional in a way I wasn't prepared for.

Depression, it'll make you set far aside all that is good and nobody is safe from it. I'm sorry he couldn't find his peace in life.