December 12, 2017, 06:50:34 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Pleased to meet everyone! VO talent here!  (Read 424 times)

Offline GArnoldVO

• View Profile
Pleased to meet everyone! VO talent here!
« on: July 12, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »
Hey Manga and Anime lovers!

My name is Greg and I've been a fan of the manga/anime genre for a couple years now! Still trying to get exposed to many others as I'm relatively new to it but have watched through several of the popular ones (I.e., FMA, FMA Brotherhood, Blood +, Inuyasha, Deathnote, Avatar, and others!) I've also read through a few select manga!

In any case, I've been a voice over talent for a couple years or so, with lots of experience with E-course narrations, and performed in animations, video games, industrial, and even phone IVR. My dream though, is to be a voice over for a reputable anime dubbing organization/production!

I think this forum is a great opportunity to network with some of you and get to know you and your work with your manga! I'd be very happy to be part of your manga dub, when it comes time to incorporate voice over for it!

If you're intrigued, please feel free to touch base with me via PM, I'd love to chat with you about your artwork and where you might want to go with it in terms of giving your awesome characters the liveliness they deserve! :)

Thanks for your time reading this and I look forward to hearing from you!

-Greg
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:20:43 AM by Hasith »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: Pleased to meet everyone! VO talent here!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »
...I may not have been here as long as our other members, but as far as I know, someone coming here with VA intentions is a first. It's interesting to say the least. I admit, I've done some voicework myself, although some of the fandubs I've applied for never accepted me. The one I did get part in, I never wound up hearing back from after I sent my lines for the first episode.

Welcome to the community, and I hope you can find a little niche here. Who knows, maybe we could make a whole new scene here specifically for voice acting.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »
yeah, they're a re known as comic dubs, thats a way to make it relate to comics, anyway

hello

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
That's awesome Greg, some of my favorite comics happened to be ones that were dubbed. The one that comes to mind is the Persona 4 hiimdaisy comics. Welcome to Manga Raiders! I look forward to potential projects with you!

Offline Vacant the Red Nosed Raider

• MR's official no.1 present wrapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »
Hey there, that's certainly an interesting one. Welcome aboard! Hope we can help in some shape or form to achieve your goal.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 12:21:56 AM »
Welcome to MR

Plz add your link to signature space.

Offline GArnoldVO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 08:13:52 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome! I know this was a rather unusual inquiry so I really appreciate your open-mind!

Welcome to MR

Plz add your link to signature space.

I would but in the profile page in the signature section, it tells me "links will be removed". Should I still try it?

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
Signature link become activated when you have 10 posts. It's for spam prevention. We do not allow links inside posts before members have at least 25 posts. We have been getting too many spammers and one time posters so we had to add these measures to control the problem.

Just add your profile link to signature once you get posts. :)

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »
Welcome welcome!
I daresay you might be the first to offer a voice over talent to the community! We do have a sizable game development group lurking around in the forum. :3 As for anime, less so. That requires a team and immense dedication. I have yet to see that. Hope your skills are put to good use!
~~~
S8N

Offline GArnoldVO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »
Welcome welcome!
I daresay you might be the first to offer a voice over talent to the community! We do have a sizable game development group lurking around in the forum. :3 As for anime, less so. That requires a team and immense dedication. I have yet to see that. Hope your skills are put to good use!

It never hurts to network from different areas! Thank you for your wishes! I know Voice Over is essentially the last step to anything animated or game related. However, I feel that by networking with those that are creating something from scratch this very moment so to speak, it illustrates dedication and opens up to even more unique ideas for characters!

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »
Welcome here!

I'm not familiar with voice over but I'm curious about it. Don't hesitate to share your passion with us!

Offline GArnoldVO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »
Welcome here!

I'm not familiar with voice over but I'm curious about it. Don't hesitate to share your passion with us!

I would be most delighted to share my demo reels! I have a website where a bunch of them reside.

Please feel free to provide feedback, constructive criticism, or even share with those here who may be needing to incorporate voice over!

www.gregarnoldvoices.com/demos

This will take you right to my page of demos, but feel free to have a gander at the rest of my site! At some point I am going to change my website layout (been working with a friend of mine who is a marketer).

Hope you all enjoy!

Thanks again for being welcoming thus far! :)

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »
I would be most delighted to share my demo reels! I have a website where a bunch of them reside.

Please feel free to provide feedback, constructive criticism, or even share with those here who may be needing to incorporate voice over!

www.gregarnoldvoices.com/demos

This will take you right to my page of demos, but feel free to have a gander at the rest of my site! At some point I am going to change my website layout (been working with a friend of mine who is a marketer).

Hope you all enjoy!

Thanks again for being welcoming thus far! :)

It's quite good :D. I'm impressed
~~~
S8N

Offline Faramous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »
Welcome welcome!

That's interesting! I need to scope that out and see what people are designing. I've got a few board game designs in the works that could do with feedback too. Will take a look and see if that's the type of game niched in the forum.

Offline Faramous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »
Hey Manga and Anime lovers!

My name is Greg and I've been a fan of the manga/anime genre for a couple years now! Still trying to get exposed to many others as I'm relatively new to it but have watched through several of the popular ones (I.e., FMA, FMA Brotherhood, Blood +, Inuyasha, Deathnote, Avatar, and others!) I've also read through a few select manga!

In any case, I've been a voice over talent for a couple years or so, with lots of experience with E-course narrations, and performed in animations, video games, industrial, and even phone IVR. My dream though, is to be a voice over for a reputable anime dubbing organization/production!

I think this forum is a great opportunity to network with some of you and get to know you and your work with your manga! I'd be very happy to be part of your manga dub, when it comes time to incorporate voice over for it!

If you're intrigued, please feel free to touch base with me via PM, I'd love to chat with you about your artwork and where you might want to go with it in terms of giving your awesome characters the liveliness they deserve! :)

Thanks for your time reading this and I look forward to hearing from you!

-Greg

Hello,

Welcome! I literally just joined here yesterday myself. Seems like a good place so far.
Interesting to hear of your niche. I hope this develops and that a lot of work comes your way. Do keep us updated as to your progress.

Regards,
Faramous