December 12, 2017, 10:32:10 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Sunken: Story Thread- Prologue  (Read 199 times)

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
Sunken: Story Thread- Prologue
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »
If you are interested in joining, or wish to post a comment, please follow this link!

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,18287.msg283821/topicseen.html#msg283821

-----------------------------

SUNKEN

The world is sinking.

Cities have fallen into the ocean. Families migrate inwards. Unrest and famine threaten the progress civilisation has made to put the dark ages behind them.

Chaos creates opportunity however, as these men and women will find out...

---------------------------

Aporia Nyx: Prologue (Written by Green and Abe)

Spoiler
"You fool! You've gone done it now!" Nigel screamed

Aporia stood over the recently wounded mayor. His curved khopesh dripping red onto the wooden floor of the tavern. Outside the day dawned bright, entering through the tinted windows along with noise and clamor of townsfolk breaking their fast. However, inside this very room everyone was quiet; the portly bartender, the frightened children, the groggy drunks from last night. All eyes were on the injured man soaking himself in the growing puddle of red.

"Aporia does not understand the commotion." Aporia said in his accent not native to Albania.

"It's because you're a fool! How many times have I said to not injure the targets?" Nigel stepped backwards and took a long look at the patrons. They all witnessed Aporia's clean cut, separating the mayor's hand from his wrist. And for what reason? "Just because the mayor was giving us lip doesn't give us reason to injure him!"

Reeking of ale, it was clear the mayor's sharp tongue was emboldened with liquid courage. Yet his lack of a straight answer, much like his lack of attention to his duties, angered the pair of mercenaries. "He picked the wrong day to act above his authority." Aporia thought to himself

The foreign mercenary rolled his eyes to his companion "Your customs are most confusing. You say something yet you don't meant it. Is this your so called sarcasm? Banter? Wit?" Aporia sheathed his khopesh and went through the wounded man's pockets, "Aproia gave him two options. If the man valued his life, he would not have been injured."

The duo continued their argument in haste outside. Walking through the dusty footpaths towards the wooden gates, avoiding the accusing eyes and quiet whispers of passerbys.

"Keep moving. I already had trouble with a dwarf in here a night ago." Nigel commanded "With any luck, we won't run into-"

The gate guard bellowed to the town "Make way for Lady Susan of Elmwood."

A deep rumble, almost as if the iron doors were groaning, came from the widening entrance. Surrounded by a company of proud, crimson clothed Knights was a young noblewoman sat on top of a well groomed white stallion. Her neat blonde hair covered the top half of her eyes, making her expression impossible to read. A mixture of rich fabric and decorated armor was fitted tightly onto her small body.

She dismounted her horse...

...or at least tried to. Her little chubby legs would not reached the floor. The knights broke composure and tried to help their liege untangle herself from the saddle.

Nigel dropped his voice, "Leave the talking to me. Lady Susan may be generous in payment, but she's bad tempered with, uh, results."

"Aporia will take this opportunity to study the Western tongue." He crossed his muscular arms in anticipation.

The young noble approached the two, hands on hips.

"You big meanies!" She whined in a childish voice "How am I supposed to tax people, fund my undeserved lavish lifestyle, then grow old and fat yet repress it psychologically, if you keep hurting all my people!"

Barely reaching five feet in height, both men tried their best to not look confident when talking down to their employer. As Nigel gave his explanation, Aporia could smell a fruity perfume filling the air.

Sweat was starting to form on Nigel's brow, "Then Aporia misinterpreted my words. I advised him to use his sword-"

"Aporia uses a khopesh."

"-Korma curry, or whatever it was! I advised him to get violent when the mayor gave us trouble." Nigel rubbed his hands nervously. He could feel the silent gazes of the Lady's crimson Knights bearing down on him. Pushing him into the dirt almost.

Lady Susan narrowed her eyes on Aporia, questioning his intent. Holding a firm stature, Aporia looked down on the girl "Aporia only did what he was commanded. The mayor gave me verbal trouble. Nigel did not specify what trouble I had to respond to. So I chopped his hand off."

She cocked her head "That's a bit of an overreaction!"

"Back where Aporia came from, the eastern coast as its known to your people, we have a much smaller vocabulary. We mean what we say." He remembered his home well, the hot summers and wonderful textiles filled his childhood memories. Aporia could not return however ever since the ocean collapsed between Albania and the Eastern Coast. "There is no double meaning or side-tracking with our words."

The other mercenary shook his head "See what I mean? He's a hard man to work with."

"Well I now have an angry town to deal with. I'll have to lower taxes to prevent a riot!" Lady Susan seemed disgusted at the thought, "Or I could punish you both here and now. I'll chop off your stupid heads and put them on spikes!"

In quick haste, the surrounding knights bared their weapons. With helmets shaped like a falcons beak, their swords were their talons, eager to swipe at their prey.

Nigel fell to his knees "Please don't kill me! My wife would want to see me one last time!"

"I'll just send her your head, silly." Lady Susan smiled, as if she had answered a simple maths problem "But where should I send your head, Aporia?"

Aporia scratched his chin in thought "The nobility of this land are very disturbed." Was all he sighed.

Just as Lady Susan was about to give the command, one of the knights knelt down and whispered in her ear. She nodded and signaled for soldiers to sheathe their weapons.

"Actually, I have a better use for you two..." She grinned "Kill two peasants with one stone as they say."

(To be continued plays in the background)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGSMiVhZgn8

Rotgar Ironhammer: Prologue (Written by Euko and Green)

Spoiler
"Blood was shed, between bandit and farmer, then Queen Erith intervened, head to toe in red armour.
It seemed one sided, to these villains that don't bath, but our hero, our Queen, cut through them like a warpath."

The fat bard bowed to a thunderous applause from the customers of the Tavern 'Mrs. Miggins Binge and Minge'. It's main room was foggy with smoke and heavy in smell of ducks and hares twirling on the spit roast. Crimson banners of the Queen furled over the wooden walls along with a vanilla colored animal; the falcon, symbol of Queen Erith and her family.

Amongst this hustle and bustle was a table overflowing with empty cups and mugs. Two Knights, a bald man and a butch woman, and a mercenary, whose height would be akin to dwarves from folklore, sat at this table. They were clinking their drinks together, nibbling on honey-glazed chicken legs, and relishing in tales of battle.

Again, the fat bard plucked at his lute and sang.

"The Queen's Chancellor had a vision, for a new and better City.
All Tomas needed was, a friendly loan, taxes and money.
The Queen's gold was used, for the amazing transformation.
Now Dockshire has become, the pride of all the nation."

Another applause as well cheers and jeers. The barmaids took their chance to clean the tables and take new orders.

"A pint of beer, if you'd be kind." The bald man smirked

"I'll take a shot of whiskey." The butch woman nodded "Rotgar, what are you having?"

The short man chuckled "Rhea, you and Malcom know me well enough. I'll have a pint of whiskey with some ale to wash it down! Make it quick, lass!"

In familiar company, Greta the wide-hipped barmaid shook her head and sighed "Mind your manners Rotgar. You're letting the drink go straight to your noggin."

Malcolm puffed out his chest "Pathetic! Give me double what Rotgar has!" Midway through his sentence, his eyes drifted and dribbled over her chest and corset.

A loud metal bang flattened Malcolm's nose as Rotgar recoiled his mailed first. The two stared daggers at one another. A small pocket of silence in the dense mutterings of a hundred drunk conversations. Suddenly they both laughed and clasped hands.

"I wish you would always be this sharp!" Malcolm half chuckled and half choked on his blood

Rotgar's horsey laughter blew out of his nose and breezed through his large crescent-shaped mustache. There was more hair up and around his nostrils than on Malcolm's head.

Their banter was interrupted to the intrusion of a group of muscular men wearing boiled leather and wielding rusty iron weapons. Like a group of rhinos, they pushed everything and everyone out of their way as they kicked the bard off of his stage and took the attention.

"Good evening all, my name is Cleese." Their leader, a blonde grinning man, announced "Now that I have your attention, please put all your items in front of the stage and we'll let you leave the building alive."

Cleese's companions hurriedly snatched away whatever items the patrons would offer them. Silk handkerchiefs, silver rings, a subscription to F1 Formula Horse Racing, and gold coins. When they approached Rotgar's table however, he paid little attention and continued to eat his chicken.

"Oi guvnor, put your meat in my bag." Suddenly the bandit blushed "I mean... just give me everything you have!"

"Friends! Lowlifes! Please!" Rhea stood up with her arms held wide "How about a drinking game?"

Cleese approaches the table, raising his eyebrows at the trio "Are you mad or something? We are robbing you."

"Why not make it fun for both of us?" Rhea hands him a mug of ale "First one to down their pint gets a map to the mayors house and his belongings!"

All the bandits cheered. Cleese sighed and agreed to the game, if not for him then for the desperate affection of his men. He clinked his mug and started drinking.

"Try not to get hammered." Malcom laughed

"Why would you say th-" Cleese asked before receiving Rotgar's horse-sized iron hammer. The weapon forced the mug out the other end of Cleese's head.

"Bar fight!"

The tavern turned into a battlefield. Bandits were pinned down by flying mugs. Drunk patrons started punching one another. Malcom tried to kiss Greta the barmaid and ended up losing an eye.

Rotgar enjoyed this. This was what he knew for most of his life. Drink, beat, *censored*, repeat. He hoped he could get to the *censored*ting part soon, because the honeyed chicken was wrecking havoc on his bowel movements.

"Rotgar, kick his bloody ass!" Rhea pushed one of the bandits his way

Licking the remains out of his cup, Rotgar set it down and swung his mighty war hammer once more. Like a fist squashing a tomato, the bandit went splat as his juices fell out of his skin.

Before long the short man had driven the rest of the bandits from the tavern, leaving behind a cheering crowd and a sulky bard who had his feelings hurt from having his song ruined.

"For alcohol!" Rotgar roared and the crowd roared back at him

He ripped the top off of a nearby keg and soaked his mouth in its fruity flavors. Soon enough he was sleeping soundly on a dead body.

"What the heck happened here!" Nigel, a mercenary for the nobility in the area, shouted "Rotgar? You again?!"

The dwarf likened the opening of his dehydrated eyes as to pulling a rake through sand.

"Five more minutes mum. I have the belly aches." He snored

"Lady Susan will be most displeased about this!" Nigel grabbed the short man by his pants "I'm taking you to her for punishment! And for goodness sakes, get some clean trousers!" He turned to his companions "We shall see what she has in store for you and your companions."

Vio Battalion Hazard: Prologue (Written by Vio)

Spoiler
A gentle breeze blows through the trees in a forest as the sound of horse hooves snap twigs on the soft dirt trail. The gentle motion of the horse sways its riders forward and backward repetitively. Vio guides the horse through the trail while his daughter, Alice, sits in front of him, nodding off to sleep while they are tied together by the waist to prevent her from falling. The two are wearing brown cloaks over their shoulders and bodies for warmth, as Vio had planned to travel early in the morning from camp.

The morning light glistens off the dew from patches of grass and leafs as Vio nearly finishes his journey back home after finishing his Ranger mission. From the distance he can hear other horses neighing near his home and assumes people are waiting at his wooden house. Isolated but far from civilization, Vio’s home is located South-West of the island close the coast of the ocean.

As Vio comes to sight of his home, he sees and recognizes the horses waiting outside. There’s a pure gray horse and a white with brown spotted horse, one belonging to The Commander of The Rangers. It’s not rare for The Commander to pay a visit after a mission, but this is the first time The Commander has brought someone to his home.

Vio approaches the other horses and unties himself from his daughter. He gets off the horse while having his right hand on his sleeping daughter to keep her steady. He picks her up and holds her in front of him with his right hand as he tries to tie the rope on the horse to fence with his left hand. Vio struggle to get a secure knot with only one hand, but his attention soon is shift to his front door as he hears the door open.

“I can get that for you, Vio,” said the woman, “The Commander is waiting for you inside.” It’s Maia M. Folken, another Ranger who’s been with the organization for 7 years, more experienced the Vio. She stands taller than Vio at 6’3” with her athletic body and caramel tanned skin. Originally, Maia has natural light ash brown hair, but due to her long travels across the world, her hair had been bleached into light ash blonde. Wearing her usual off-duty outfit, leather corset with straps around the neck, red pants, and leather boots, Maia approaches Vio and takes the rope from his hands.

“Thanks, Maia.” says Vio.

“Oh, don’t thank me just yet,” Maia responded with a grin, “Just you wait until you hear what The Commander has to day.”

Vio is puzzled as to what The Commander wants.

Vio Makes his way to his front door and turns the doorknob with his free hand. Inside the home mainly consist of simple objects and needs as Vio’s work requires him to travel constantly; a table, 2 chairs, 2 beds, 3 windows and 4 rooms. Vio steps into his house as he sees The Commander in the kitchen making tea with his back turned towards Vio.

The Commander, an honorary title for those who’ve served all 20 years of their contract, is the 12th man in Ranger’s history to gain the title. A man in his late 50’s with white strands starting to appear from his short black hair and facial hair has notable scars around his arms and face. The Commander comes from a generation of Rangers with a notion of scars being badges of honor, a sense of loyalty and hardness. However, that has caused the average lifespan of a Ranger to last for 3 to 4 years. A Ranger without badges had been seen as a shield that never tasted combat.

While The Commander is prepping the tea, Vio makes his way towards Alice’s bed and lays her down. He tucks her in as the sounds of The Commander’s feet begin to move. Vio turns toward the noise to face The Commander and sees two cups of tea in his hands. The Commander shows an expressionless face while offering the tea in his right hand to Vio.

“Thank you, Commander.” says Vio.

“Let’s talk outside,” says The Commander, “We have much to discuss and I wish for your daughter to rest.”

They make their way to the front door and outside as Vio sees Maia waiting by the horses. They proceed towards her as The Commander takes a sip from his tea.

“How did the mission go, Vio?” asked The Commander.

“The mission was what you would suspect it would be,” replied Vio as he takes a quick sip from his tea, “The guy was the usually soldier who abandoned his duty and tried to escape into enemies hands. It took about 11 days to find and retrieve him alive for him to face his crime.”

“So, nothing special?” Mia asked.

“Nope.”

The Commander takes another sip from his tea before speaking. “That’s good to hear, Vio. However, Maia and I are not here for chit-chat about your mission this time.”

Vio appears slightly confused as The Commander doesn’t talk about anything else other than the missions Vio does when they are at his house.

“Commander,” says Vio, “was there anything that I’ve missed while on mission?”

The Commander walks towards Vio’s steps and puts down his cup. “You’ve might not have heard the news as to what’s been going on.” The Commander turns back and stands next to Maia

“The ocean water has been rising all over the world for a month now and has begun to cause flooding in towns and cities.” says The Commander.

“What?” replied Vio.

“You didn’t notice it because your mission took you inland,” explained Maia, “But this *censored* is causing people to leave our island before the ocean swallows it.”

“Why is the ocean rising?” asked Vio, “Do we know the cause of this?”

“Unfortunately, no.” replied The Commander. Vio begins to put his cup next to The Commander’s cup as he continues to speak. “That is why Maia and I are here for, and it will be the two of you who will help out in discovering the cause.”

Vio crosses his arms together. “Why are we, ‘Rangers who hunt people down,’ are being deployed to solve this issue?”

“It was not my decision to make, Vio.” said The Commander, “It was the Queen.”

“The Queen holds no power over us!” Vio replies in an angry tone.

“No, but she does hold power over you and Maia as of tomorrow.”

“Don’t tell me...”

“The Queen asked for those to aid her in a form of a Fellowship and request that we offer two of our own people or face consequences. As of tomorrow, you and Maia will be hold by and loyal to the Queen as she is now the owner of your contracts.”

“HELL NO!” yells Vio, “You God damn know, full well, that I only joined the Ranger for the sake of my daughter. And you have the gull to pull me into this mess?!”

“I didn’t have a choice, Vio.” says The Commander.

“Like hell you did.”

“Both you and Maia are my only available Rangers I have. Everyone else is either on mission or has abandoned their contracts due to this situation.”

“I still don’t believe this.” says Vio as he shakes his head.

“Believe it or not, we still need to obey our orders.” says Maia.

The Commander makes his way to his gray horse and unties the rope. “For now you are to rest and build up supplies for your journey to the capital tomorrow.” says The Commander, “Maia will be staying here for the night to both aid and watch over you until both of you have arrived to the capital.”

The Commander begins to turn his horse around and stops next to Vio. “Once you’ve reach the capital, you will no longer be an official Rangers until this issue has been dealt with.” His horse begins to walk down the trail. “I wish both of you luck.”

Evegeny (Written by Grimmjager)

Spoiler
In a city burning under flames, countless persons had lose their lives, their country had fallen under a small group of M7s, their leader, Evegeny walked toward a terrified family of humans...

"..." Evegeny looked at them with disdain and gazed at an M7 soldier.

"Should we execute thoses humans, Sir?" The soldier had a vicious smile on his face.

"..." Evegeny did not bother answering the obvious, he walked past them as the soldier took out his weaponary.

"SPARE US, SPARE US!"

"...*sigh*" The M7 leader raised his hand as an order to stop. "Tell me, how can you be of any use to us?" He asked with his soft and cold voice.

"W-We can do your laundry, food and other little details you want, besides my wife is good at all those things!"

"..." Evegeny turned around to face the father of the family, after a minute or so, he directed his cold blue eyes on his subbordinate. "Spare the female and kill the rest..."

"W-WAIT!!" Screamed the man who had sealed his and his daughter's fate but, Evegeny walked away.

The war started months ago, when an M7 family had been slauthered by a group of humans, Evegeny was powerless at that time, he had relieved what happened to his family yet another time, he was taken in by a scientist name Chadek and had find happiness once more but, that scientist he grew fond of was accused of treason and was taken away by the royal guards...

Evegeny kept remembering his past, when one of his subbordinates came running to him, terrified.

"WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"

"...!" Evegeny ran as fast as he could but, he arrived too late, his commrades were all dead and royal army didn't seem tired in the least.

One of the royal guard army turned and was able to see Evegeny. "Commander, two M7 piece of trash are still alive."

"Keep this one alive..." Their leader pointed his finger at Evegeny.

The RGA rushed and attacked Evegeny, his subbordinate was grope and was taken away, out of his field of vision. The RGA leader approached him and whispered. "I wouldn't want to kill the scientist Chadek's precious M7, right?"

"...!?" Evegeny had been surprised by the statement made.

"You will soon be my subbordinate, Evegeny..."

Ulrica (Written by Low, Green and Co.)

Archibald Berthold (Written by Fortis Scriptor)

Dante Gato Alghieri (Written by Mafio55565)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:23:35 AM by GreenBeverage »

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunken: Story Thread- Prologue
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 03:31:26 PM »
How is progress on the story green! Your awesome for doing this!!

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunken: Story Thread- Prologue
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:44:20 PM »
Thanks but it's been going slow, I haven't had replies from all the players  :hmm: I might just continue onwards if that's the case