April 16, 2024, 02:02:55 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Stranger of Sword City w/ Carshald  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
Stranger of Sword City w/ Carshald
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:30:35 AM »
I really liked Devola's idea of involving fellow members, as recruitable characters. Which gave me sort of the kick i needed to get back into one of my favorit games (of all times),

Stranger of Sword City
Short Synopsis:

You awaken in a strange land, full of crashed air plains. Upon your arrival, you're immediately attacked by several monsters. You're then saved by a mysterious girl, who reveales herself to be a stranger to these lands much like yourself. On earth (not we're not in space but in a different realm/dimension) the gravity is heavier, so Strangers (us visitors from a different dimension) are stronger and faster than the citizens of this world. As you are recruit into the Strangers guild, you help your newfound friends find a way to return home.

Strangers of Sword City is an old school dungeon crawler rpg, where you create your own characters (and yes i mean more than just your main protagonist. If a team member dies, you HAVE to create a new character.
So thanks to Devola's interesting thread, i've decided to play this myself again and as such i'm looking for recruits! ^^ You're also welcome to post more than just one character (as already mention this game features the risk of characters dying!), so post your character's name, race, talent, class (and future class choice).

I won't just use the first 5 people (because there's the risk of perma-death XD), so i'll use anyone who decides to join this campaign, post updates, maybe even record a bit of gameplay, upload it on youtube and share that aswell. However... I apologize before hand if my actions result in the death of any of my dear fellow raiders!

On a side-note the game has two art styles (three if we count the last set of portraits but won't bother with them. Art style is not just portrait choice but the art style for the whole game. Here's an example of the two styles.

Yoko Tsukamoto & Oxijiyen
Spoiler
Both are examples of the same character. However I will personally be using the Yoko Tsukamoto style, because there's a larger pool of character portraits to choose from.

I've decided to add a link so that you can see the portraits yourself and choose...
http://xboxone.drpg-sosc.com/system/race.html
On the Character Creation page you can find starting stats for each race, information concerning Life Points/Bonus points depending on character age.

Race & Talent
Characters' innate skills, which express themselves in various ways.

Humans: The most common race in Escario that look just like Strangers. Stats are fairly good and can be useful as any class.
Elf: A handsome race that came from the forest. Highly intelligent and skilled with magic.
Dwarf: A tough, war-forged race. Skilled warriors with high attack and defense stats.
Migmy: A race of small, spiritual creatures. Weak but swift, and attuned to holy magic.
Ney: A therianthrope race that came from Eastern climes. Quick reflexes, but are inadept with magic.

Each race has a standart talents, but they can freely exchange them during character creation, regardless of chosen race.[/i]

Fortunate: Blessed with luck on the battlefield, this person is more likely to sense surprise attacks and evade them.
Educated: With the wealth of knowledge they have been accumulating since childhood, they can see the true forms of both equipment and monsters.
Invincible: Born with a naturally hardy body resistant to critical attacks and various status effects.
Intuition: An eye for detail that can ferret out traps hidden in treasure chests.
Wild Eye: Can easily sniff out secrets in Labyrinths thanks to their sharp senses and animal instincts.
Vitality: Spirit filled with vigor. Starting Life Point +2.
Deprived:   No talent, but grants better Bonus Point rolls during character creation.

Now moving on to the class choices...

Fighter: A lively soldier that specializes in close combat. Uses powerful weapons and has immense destructive power.
Knight: A defender that stays in the front row to protect allies. When equipped with heavy armor, they become the shield of the party.
Samurai: A speedy fighter for the front row. Uses one-hit kill sword skills.
Ranger: A mid-range class that can attack from distance with a bow. Attacks are weak, but highly accurate.
Ninja: An advanced class that rattles the enemy. A class that can defend, distract enemies, or assassinate strong targets.
Dancer: A trickster that specializes in singing and dancing. It elegantly fights with thrown weapons and items.
Wizard: A magician that specializes in support magic. Not recommended for close combat.
Cleric: Heals wounded allies with magic. By using blunt weapons, they can attack from mid range.

And last but not least... Character Age.
When creating a Character you have to choose your character's age, however in this game age isn't just a number for aesthetic purposes. The older your character is the more bonus point you get when creating your character, but you also have less life points (and ofcourse if you run out of lifepoints... game over).

On a side-note, the group is set up of 3 frontline fighters such as Fighter/Knigtht/Samurai/Ninja and 3 backrow support/ranged attackers such Ranger/Dancer/Wizard/Cleric. So I won't be choicing 5 frontline fighters because close-range weapons are useless in the backrow.

As a final side-note, there's something called Job change. Basically you can customize your class in-depth. Let's say you choose Samurai, but you want your Samurai to learn Ninja's Hide and Assassination skills that unlock at Ninja level 6. To do so you simply choose (IF YOU WANT A MORE COMPLEX CLASS) Ninja (until Level 6), then switch to Samurai. As for each class' skills, the clickable class name has a link to it's adjacent wiki-page, with information on the class. Or you can also simply just go full Samurai and stay like that, or choose the 3rd option, the "Suprise Me" option, giving me full control over your character's developement...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:52:55 AM by Carshald »
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Stranger of Sword City w/ Carshald
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:38:27 AM »
It's been a while but I want in on this. Stranger of Sword City was one of my favorite games that I never beat. This time, my fate is in your hands.

I'm gonna use my DND character. His name is Turf. He is easily one of my favorite OCs.

Race: Elf (Specifically.... MUSCLE ELF)
Talent: I AM /INVINCIBLE/
Class: I AM MUSCLE /KNIGHT/

There wasn't a single elf in all the lands as obsessed with protein and physical fitness as Turf was. He will protect his puny allies with his massive, beautiful Elven biceps. Turf doesn't mind reclassing into either a Samurai or Fighter at a later time.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »
Stranger of Sword City was one of my favorite games that I never beat.
So funny you should mention this... It's precisely the same for me with XCOM 2! XD
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
I don't know these fancy games but okay, I give you my character Midnight Stella. For one of those portraits I'd say third in the second row of humans.

Race : Human
Talent : Educated
Class : Wizard