March 29, 2024, 01:14:51 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn / Heavendward / Stormblood  (Read 7180 times)

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
It's the one and only online game that ever caught me real bad. While the ARR story is dread, Heavendward was EXTREMELY good and I'm looking forward to play the new expansion also. Any of you playing this game?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Flames

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn / Heavendward / Stormblood
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 09:35:11 AM »
I tried a free trial I think a year back, I did like the aesthetic of having a story line. How has the content additions have been? I feel thats always been a key to my leaving games.

I used to play alot of MMO's but my love for them had died over the years. Ether saga,perfect world, raiderz, Aion, feista, vindictus, mabi you name it, ive probably played it at some time. 

Almost always its get to a certain spot in the game and then its becomes real taxing to play. Not to say that mmorpgs arent grind heavy but the overall structure makes it boring. Weak pvp/plot/gameplay etc.

How does the game tackle these issues late game? I know the storys pretty good and the looks/feel of it. I'm hesitant on subscriptions and prefer buy to play since I know what I'm getting at that point
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:37:04 AM by Flames117 »
Message me for any assistance you need! I'd be glad to help.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »
I sadly stopped playing just before Heavenward's release, which annoy the eff outta me since i've heard great things about it. Aside from that... FF XIV really is one of the only two mmos i've really been hooked on, and thats almost impossible nowadays since games these days are more mundane, and lack originality.

I was thinking of going bk to FF XIV, since i really miss playing, thats ofcourse IF i can pull my girlfriend away from the damn desk with my pc XD.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:02:26 AM by Carshald »
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »
The boring mechanics were the reasons why I never stayed on any game for very long. From my experience, FF14 has many advantages on that side:

First of all, you can play all classes with one character. You don't need to replay the story quest to play another class or crafters. Every class is played very differently and you have to follow strategies in dungeons and on boss fights. It's never just one button.

Yes, the story is very good and it actually feels like you matter. I hated that feel of having no importance to the story because I just run by some important people who do important things but it has nothing to do with me (aion and bdo so far, didn't play too many). The first expansions story was even better and made me cry at one point. Sidequests and Levequests for leveling can get boring, yes, but to level fighting classes there are many ways to do that, so I think it's quite alright.

There are also some really funny quests that made me laugh tears. Tricking the moogles to stop them from slacking, helping Mr Manderville ... some questlines are so well made, it's like being part in a comic yourself.

The grinding parts I left out tbh XD the endgame content ofc has some repeating stuff as you spam the same dungeons, but then again there are many, many duties you can do and there is so much content, I'm still overwhelmed with it. I have no idea how it is with other games, but I think for a mmo, it's doing pretty good.

Main part I liked though was, that it is really, really fun to play with people. I was lucky to find some ppl I even stayed friends with outside the game which is really nice. The community is friendly in general except some few idiots.

Also: GRAPHICS o h   m y   g o d it's so beautiful and there are so many incredible outfits and cute minions and stylish mounts. The cities are gorgeous, the maps are big and so beautiful, you could just wonder around sideseeing. It's actually a long term quest, sideseeing.

If you consider coming back Carshald: I'm playing on the EU server Cerberus :D it's one of the crowded servers though ^^° lively!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 10:21:04 AM »
Yeah playing every/any class with one character was one of the things that (to me atleast) made FF standout from other MMOS. Btw wasnt there cross-play between playstation and pc? Been so long so dont remember, i played on pc. I DONT TRUST SONY! >:( thieving netches!
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »
Yep, cross platform. You're right not trusting Sony XD But I'm hooked, I'm lost, they already have my souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 10:50:56 AM »
I dont trust them cause those damn bastards still owe me 300$ from way bk when they got hacked.  >:( I wasnt one of lucky ones that were refunded due to stolen CC info.

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »
The reason i got hooked on FFxiv was mainly the community.
There are actual nice people in dungeons and provide actual help.
When I played heavensward dungeons someone showed me that I was missing an quest wich gave me an very important skill!

And outfits lots and lots of outfits!
The realm reborn main quest line is quite boring. But heavensward is great.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 11:45:07 AM »
@ carshald: oh crap  :o that sucks indeed :-/ not using any CCs cus paranoia, but in the US I guess you can't get around it ...

But heavensward is awesome, and I don't say that very often. I mean it. Try it. Do it! Huzzah!

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 11:59:19 AM »
The reason i got hooked on FFxiv was mainly the community.
There are actual nice people in dungeons and provide actual help.
When I played heavensward dungeons someone showed me that I was missing an quest wich gave me an very important skill!

And outfits lots and lots of outfits!
The realm reborn main quest line is quite boring. But heavensward is great.
Lol yeah FF has a good community. Most games nowadays have a rather venomous community, where 90% is ready to throw you under the bus for whatever reason... Sadly gaming communities are slowly going downhill...

OUTFITS! I luv me my outfits XD Im a sucker for games with great outfits and FF does it really well.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »
Gawd those outfits  ÖwÖ can't get enough. Want them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 01:17:00 PM »
Gawd those outfits  ÖwÖ can't get enough. Want them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

GOTTA CAT.... :-X... COLLECT EM ALL! XD

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »
I collect something else  :blush:

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 02:15:10 PM »
i cant transfer my main to cerberus :unsure:   

time to start over then.......

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »
I collect something else  :blush:

OMFG! XD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!.. New quest.. "Investigate the Lala disapperances" XD