December 10, 2018, 01:41:35 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What do You Use to Make Manga or Doujinshi  (Read 598 times)

Offline Lunalegends

• View Profile
What do You Use to Make Manga or Doujinshi
« on: July 04, 2017, 06:03:41 PM »
I found a way where you can make your own custom book with a stapler and some paper(you can find a tutorial on Youtube) but I want to know what type of paper do you guys use to make a short manga or doujinshi? And what is the quality settings you use to print them on it? I use CSP as my main art program.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
Re: What do You Use to Make Manga or Doujinshi
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »
A slightly thicker printer paper would be a good idea. https://www.staples.com/Hammermill-Heavyweight-Laser-Print-Paper-32lb-8-1-2-x-11-500-Ream-104646-/product_556910

In terms of the printing settings in CSP, you want to be working at least 300dpi for your print size. In CSP it's designated at 600 dpi most of the time, which is larger and will work fine as well.

There are generally some printer settings windows that will appear when you begin to print something; you'll want to make sure everything is set to some form of 'quality' or prefer quality. I'm not talking about the settings for CSP but the settings for the printer itself. So if you have a HP printer, you'd want to adjust the HP printing settings that show up.

Also, even when you are printing grayscale/black&white images, you want your printer settings to be set for color. That is because a printer will print a darker black when it has all the color cartridges to use to create the black, rather than just the black cartridge.

It can be useful to draw on a document size that is bigger than your intended print size. So for example, if I'm going to print a 6x9 inch document, I will work in a 20% larger document  (7.2 inch x 10.8 inch) and downscale back to the correct document size when I'm ready to print.

If you're going to export your page images, save them as .tiff because it's a lossless format. If you print .jpegs your pages will be *censored*ed up.

In terms of the expression color, if you self-print, you should have it set to gray, not monochrome. There is really no reason to use monochrome CSP files when you do digital printing. Gray is also better if you decide to display your manga online or sell it online in digital formats.

If you use screentones, you need to test-print the screentones you plan to use so that you have an idea for what they will look like on paper. Screentones don't really look that great on computer monitors, most of the time.