September 25, 2017, 11:00:36 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What to do in this situation?  (Read 202 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Wonho is my Oppa~
    • View Profile
What to do in this situation?
« on: July 04, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
Hello everyone~!

About a month ago, I suffered a wrist injury and was forced to stop drawing for a while, nothing to worry because I recently got back to it~?
B
u
t

But, my hand is giving me a weird sensation after an 30 minutes, I start feeling a faint pain in the area that I had was injured, the question I wanted to ask is, what should I do when the doctor had said that everything was fine but I can feel that it isn't?

Thank you for responding~

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
Re: What to do in this situation?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 02:25:07 PM »
Maybe wear a wrist brace when drawing and dont draw for long periods of time

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 02:44:51 PM »
I would call that doctor a quack and demand a second opinion.

If I was really in a bad mood, and the doctor was a female, I would ask, is there a male doctor I can get a real opinion from. I know sexist. But when angry, I can do some pretty mean/funny things.

Now, can you give me the name for the girl you have at the bottom of each of your posts?! Please  ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:49:26 PM by Forlorn Serpent »
No actual link
self-publishmycomic.com

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
Thats not *censored*ing funny

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 03:13:55 PM »
The puzzling thing is drawing is not too different from handwriting. We've all done the essays and tests in the past, where we have prolonged periods of time of just using our wrists in writing, but rarely does this revolve around wrist injuries, etc.

I'm sure there are some differences between drawing and writing, but the majority of it uses the same techniques. Where I'm getting at is that even for handwriting, your wrist begins to get sore after a certain amount of time, and it is best not to overexert it. I normally would just shake my wrist for a while before resuming to the activity.

Of course, I do not know exactly what you are experiencing with your wrist pain and, if things get escalated, do not refrain from seeking further medical support. I wish I can do more, but I'd recommend gradually draw in longer sessions until you can resume to your pre-injury periods. As always, stop if it starts bothering you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:18:33 PM by S8N »
~~~
S8N

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 04:40:45 PM »
Thats not *censored*ing funny

You know what not funny? Paying someone $1500 to look at you for 5 minutes.
No actual link
self-publishmycomic.com

Offline YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Wonho is my Oppa~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
Thank you again~

Maybe wear a wrist brace when drawing and dont draw for long periods of time
I reduced the periods of times in which I draw, I could probably get a brace at an hospital after a second diagnosis? I never had to wear any type of supportive device before, does it decrease the pain completely?

I would call that doctor a quack and demand a second opinion.

If I was really in a bad mood, and the doctor was a female, I would ask, is there a male doctor I can get a real opinion from. I know sexist. But when angry, I can do some pretty mean/funny things.

Now, can you give me the name for the girl you have at the bottom of each of your posts?! Please  ;)

I understand that I could ask for a second opinion from a completely different doctor, if this what you are referring to?

The puzzling thing is drawing is not too different from handwriting. We've all done the essays and tests in the past, where we have prolonged periods of time of just using our wrists in writing, but rarely does this revolve around wrist injuries, etc.

I'm sure there are some differences between drawing and writing, but the majority of it uses the same techniques. Where I'm getting at is that even for handwriting, your wrist begins to get sore after a certain amount of time, and it is best not to overexert it. I normally would just shake my wrist for a while before resuming to the activity.

Of course, I do not know exactly what you are experiencing with your wrist pain and, if things get escalated, do not refrain from seeking further medical support. I wish I can do more, but I'd recommend gradually draw in longer sessions until you can resume to your pre-injury periods. As always, stop if it starts bothering you.

I feel the same pain from drawing and handwriting (also depending from the other efforts I use on my wrist), it feel more like cramp in my wrist after an amount of time, it usually hurt enough that I stop all activities that would make me use my wrist.

I do think that having a second medical opinion would be a wise decision in this situation but, I cannot understand why would the doctor in question not do a proper test~