March 29, 2024, 02:01:24 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Who is worried of theft?

Me
5 (45.5%)
not me
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Who is scared of theft?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Who is scared of theft?
« on: July 03, 2017, 11:04:31 PM »
I'm just wondering, who here is scared that their ideas/drawings will be stolen?

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
Re: Who is scared of theft?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:27:06 PM »
I'd be pretty astonished and flattered if anybody thought my ideas were worth stealing.

Anyway, most writers are too arrogant to steal another's work. Like, have you ever been to a writing workshop?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 11:46:42 PM »
Thruth.

The example I've always given, is that even if someone does steal your Naruto fan fiction, it's not to make a million dollars with it, it's just to post it on another site just like this.

And being real, we're an amateur site. Big name mangaka aren't  scoping the place out to steal ideas. You can't be successful in a stolen idea. You wouldn't have the Moxy to pull it off.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 11:50:30 PM »
I don't know if it's an age thing. I"m about to be 27. I'm too old to be worried about stuff like that.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:59:10 PM »
I don't write anything worth stealing because it's mostly all MRverse and fanfiction. I haven't entirely given up on my original story ideas, though. I just haven't gotten around to rounding them out yet. Maybe I should revamp everything again, or drudge up wherever the hell that old thread went...Pleh. It probably needs to be built up from scratch to get rid of the annoying overcomplications I gave it.

Anyway, it's the internet, and I take the risk every time I sign on that people are going to steal from me, and I don't care, because I don't really have much to lose. I enjoy my process of creation, and if someone else gets joy out of sharing it elsewhere and spreads something good, eh.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:33:25 AM »
Digital art gets stolen alot with no reference towards the original artist.  When you say story it really depends on the format of how you present it.

If you post a comic on several sites with frequent updates then you might have some 3rd party putting it on the internet for more people to read.  They usually don't remove pages so saying written/art by name, will still be there.  Although they still make advertisement money that you can't claim, it feels better knowing that fans could search me up if they were curious to find other things.

If you just make some poster/background fanart then it is extremely easy for someone to print out multiple copies and sell them at anime conventions.

In the end, i think alot of artists/writers would rather have acknowledgement rather than the money.

I have question for everyone here.  If you were given all the money in the world in exchange for never being able to draw/write again, would you take it?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:38:07 AM by MK »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 11:00:53 AM »
Sorry what? I can't here you all the way up here at my beach resort on the moon.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline IndecisiveChild

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »
I'd be lying if I said I don't get scared each time I share a story/idea but I think I'm too concerned with the readers view to think of theft.
  And even if someone were to steal I doubt they'd get far with the story as a whole.
A joureny of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:39 PM »
I probably do because I dont have much time recreating new stories that my original story has been developing. Each of them took years to make it form. So if you asked me, if you think its worth stealing, I wouldnt post it in a public site.