October 21, 2017, 07:11:18 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Greetings. Writer Here!  (Read 263 times)

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
Greetings. Writer Here!
« on: June 30, 2017, 06:08:23 PM »
Hello,
I'm currently a high school student (age 17) who is aspiring to put my stories on paper to share to the world. I have been extremely interested in creative writing for some time now, and am looking forward to make friends that I might flesh out my story with.

I became extremely interested in anime entering high school, and have given much thought to creating a manga myself. Problem was, my drawing skills isn't nearly on the par of what readers expect. Dreaming of being a creative writer since 6th grade, I reexplored a lost passion when I came across some of my old stories. However, as I continued to write my novels, I noticed some things that set me back.

1) My writing techniques were and are still developing, and I'm always unsatisfied with my previous work.

2) I was barred from bringing out certain images to my reader due to the conventions of writing.

The visual aspect of comics and manga is the key of solving both of those problems, and I am excited to delve into the possibilities of working with an artist. That being said, I hope to make some friends and enter new frontiers with the community of MangaRaiders.

Best,
S8N
~~~
S8N

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings. Writer Here!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 07:30:08 PM »
Welcome to MR! There are a lot of aspiring authors here, such as yourself. Ironically, I think I'm one of those few that works as an artist and an author. It's nice to have you with us.

If you have works that you'd be willing to share, we have various places set up in the Writer's section where you can receive feedback. As a note, some of us only give critiques upon request, such as myself and our mod, Coryn. I will go in depth about grammar, syntax, spelling, style, conventions, literary devices, and the use of imagery as much as I can for a sit-down, just to give you a heads up. Then again, as an English Secondary Ed major, I'd hope that would be expected.

I'll be happy to see you around, and for what it's worth, I saw that you already gave an in-depth review for someone. Good work on that, but we do have a quote function on BBCode. It can be helpful to research BBCode functions and how they work, since you'll probably be using them a lot here. (Although only myself and I think only half a dozen other raiders use alternate fonts/colors. It's definitely not a requirement.)
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 08:11:43 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders! It's definitely good that you're out giving feedback. Everyone must help each other before they can help themselves.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Wonho is my Oppa~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
Welcome to MR~

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
So you have been around over a Month here. No longer new to MR. :)

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »
So you have been around over a Month here. No longer new to MR. :)
Only 10 days so far :P Hopefully, been making a difference
~~~
S8N

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 03:28:06 PM »
I think he got confused because the OP was made June 30th, but it is only July 9th (at least in my timezone).

But let me say, you certainly have been making a good impact. I don't typically learn and retain newbie's names this quickly.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 10:59:02 PM »
Only 10 days so far :P Hopefully, been making a difference

Oh yes, my bad. I got it mixed up with another post. I see you are a writer. Didn't you try to gain drawing skills ?

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 11:01:10 PM »
Oh yes, my bad. I got it mixed up with another post. I see you are a writer. Didn't you try to gain drawing skills ?
I've been working on it :P Devola has been teaching me a few stuff. I'm thinking that I might turn my story concepts into manga in a future date.
~~~
S8N

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 12:23:44 AM »
Well then you can start a drawing thread at Art Gallery and show us how your drawing skills are developing.  :)