December 12, 2017, 10:32:39 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MR & ManimalVerse : The Midnight Harmonica  (Read 567 times)

Online Manimal Claus

• God of Yule & Fruitcakes To
  • We All Love Santa Christ
    • View Profile
MR & ManimalVerse : The Midnight Harmonica
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »
Okay this is a silly story I'm making which puts my songs universe (especially this albums Magnus Bridge & Black Hair Like Blood) into the MRVerse. It will use the themes from my songs and the canon in some kind of alt universe tale or a meeting of the two.

Midnight Stella is rescued by the MR Brigade and brought along on their mutual hunt for the long lost Barry Goldman. The man who holds the golden harmonica, a key which the evil 4Kids armies and the Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess seek to complete their evil silly sci-fi schemes.

I will write in first person from Stella's perspective. It's a silly story but I just want to write something and I figured this would be amusing. It's like Halo, Star Wars, G1 and other stuff. Don't think too hard eh.

Chapter 1 : Stella's Takeoff
Theme Song : Star Light Zone Act IV
Spoiler
“Hey, are you awake?”

Exploding through a stream of a dream that seemed to never end, all at once my senses popped as I instantly perked up. *SMASH* I fell back down, looking to see a stone floor covered in fresh blood...my blood. I felt my nose dripping, looking up I saw a head which reflected me back.

“Ow!” the figure in front of me cried out as he fell to his bottom, hands rubbing his head. His completely bald head. So shiny it glowed in the dull light of wherever I was. Quickly the figures behind him moved. “Are you okay?” a girl’s voice asked me as she brought a handkerchief to my nose.

“I’m fine I c-why can’t I mov...AH!” I felt a hand grace my buttocks, I jolted back to see another figure laying on the floor behind me. It was holding some kind of lock pick. I quickly connected the dots and found my arms cuffed behind my back. “What is going on here!??!” I screamed, backing myself into the corner of...a JAIL CELL? The figure on the floor was...CHUCK E CHEESE! "SOMEONE HELP ME! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. CALL THE...cops? HELP ME!"

“It’s okay we’re here to rescue you!” the short figure knelled down. It’s now I realized she was wearing a KFC buckets with eyeholes. A black cape was over her body. “Who the sh*t are you people?” I called out disgusted, wiggling to get free. “Real sorry there, I was just trying to get those cuffs off you”, the figure on the ground said as he removed the gross pizza stained mouse face.

Behind the mask hid the face of a British man with a butchered fringe, like a 60’s reject Lennon wannabe. I looked down at his greasy and dirty costume, the scary and deformed helmet eyed me from the prison floor. The man spoke like a voice straight from the radio. 'I really didn't mean that, I was just trying these tools and...oops!" “Sure, okay I don't care I guess...but um, don’t touch my butt again please”. “Sorry I won’t touch the bop bop, just let me help okay, also your nose is gushing blood, it's gross, and let Mahlua help you”.

“Eh?” I looked up as the girl behind the KFC helmet unmasked herself, with long ginger hair and odd nearly diving goggles over her eyes. She put the goggles up as the third figure yelled, “Hurry up! We have to get her out of here now!”

“Hey wait, I don’t even know who you ar-ah!” Mahlua pitched my nose with a Toy Story 2 themed handkerchief, the British man crawled over. “Let me see them wrists”. “For the love of everything ever, why is this happening, WHY AM I HERE!” I smashed my head against the wall as the two helped me.

“The Spam Ninjas will be here any second, hurry up you two. We have to get her out of here!” “You’re the one who wanted to rescue the prisoner!” Mahlua yelled up to the shining bald man, a cardboard sheet was over his face, the image of Darth Vader drawn on with a permanent marker to hide his face. Wait, Darth who? He had a long lab coat on with a weird alien blaster in his hands. I recognize that blaster…

”The Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess!” I shouted, suddenly the ground shook. Everyone braced themselves as the entire structure was rocked. “We’re aboard one of her ships aren’t we?”

“I’m not sure who that is but...sure” Bald Vader spoke as I got to my feet. I rubbed my nose against my arm. No blood, “Alright I’m good”. “That was kind of…gross there young lass” the British man noted. Mahlua shrugged and threw the Toy Story 2 rag down as we exited the block. “It’s this jackasses fault I got a bloody nose anyway!” I smacked lab coated one as I scanned the scene. It was a purple ship with stone cell blocks, made no sense. There were 3 other cells in the small space, all empty.

“Wow almost like we didn’t just save you or something” he laughed. “Whatever, come on let’s go or something” I spoke running my hands through my long black hair. I was dressed in unfamiliar yet comforting clothes. A long grey sweater that went way over my hands, and skinny black jeans. Where was my space dress?

“Vacant check the hallway” the British man nodded and quietly opened the prison door. The pink light busted into the room, I shielded my eyes. It reflected off the nameless one’s head. He looked to me, throwing a blaster in my hands. “The name’s Coryn” he spoke, lifting his mask to reveal a face of eternal wisdom. “Hi...I guess you know me? Stella?" I shrugged. "No but I did pick up two mighty signals from Earth."

"Earth" I thought deeply, what was Earth? "Earth. We where tracing the signals when we found you being carrying into this ship. We managed to find our way in, figuring whatever the signals came from, it had to be in here. and if my sense are correction, from you." I stood stunned, "From me?" “No time to talk guys, we gotta speed”! Everyone put their masks back on. “What, don’t I get one?” Coryn threw me a piece of cardboard on a string. I flipped it over, “Megatron ha ha...wait how do I know th-” “INCOMING!”

Coryn grabbed me by the wrist as we ran out the prison. We exploded down the weird purple hallways, pink lights shining on the top. The side panels looked alive, like creatures blood was running through it. Vacant stood by the door firing from his blaster. I looked back to see a swarm of black clad ninjas. They fell back and exploded as the hot plasma smacked them.

“No time to look back, he’ll be fine!” Coryn shouted as we ran. I let him carry me along, my legs felt weak. Like a sudden weariness overcame my body. Why did I know that face on the mask? “LEFT SIDE!” Mahlua jumped over, down the left turn came a swarm just as we ran past. Electro swords seemed to come out of nowhere as bursts of lightning so hot I felt it on my skin exploded.

“We need to help her! The Brit to!” I cried out to Coryn, my blaster ready. “Look at them”, “But you told me not to look ba-” Suddenly pink exploded in my vision. Bits of the ninjas splattered against the wall. Mahlua shouted a stream of sick, disgusting words and laughed insanely, calling out bizarre names as the light flashed from down the hall.

“NEVERMIND!” the high voice of Vacant exploded, as he ran in reverse he shouted into a giant microphone, the amps coming from the Chuck E Cheese ears. He began to talk about...some kind of game as the ninjas ears all blew up. “They good” I noted, “They very good” Coryn spoke “We’re here”.

We reached the end of the winding, hilly hallway. Coryn smashed at a white door, pounding into the keypad. “Come on!” he shouted. I looked deep into his head, suddenly I felt like I was surrounded by the white light of science. I lost control of my body as I looked to my thousand yard eyes in the reflection of his strained temple. I felt like I was spinning, numbers blew by, I saw some kind of science guy, a chalk board…

“5309!” I shouted as I came out of the forehead haze. “The code is 5309!” “Um, sure” I looked as Vacant and Mahlua got closer, fighting off the herd with easy as they walked like Michael Jackson on th...wait who’s Michael Jackson? “Got it!” Coryn threw his arms up in celebration as the escape pod opened. It was like a pink limo, with fluffy seats and a pair of dice on the ceiling.

I ran in with him as Mahlua barrel rolled inside and Vacant dolphin dived. Coryn pounded the controls. “Take off damnit, take off!” The doors closed, I felt the pod start to disengage. I jolted up as the spam ninjas pounded at the door. “Damn Ninjas! They’re strong today!” Vacant noted as he removed the head in a pizza haze. “Did you see what I did back there! I finally got my move down!” Mahlua shook with happiness.

Coryn pulled a lever and I felt us drop, “We have...take off!” I shook around as the pod blasted off, There were no windows to look back, just a green sort of map that laid out space before us. “Finally” I eased back into the seat as felt my eyes start to close. “Stella? Hey Stella?” Soon enough I slipped away as we drifted through the stars.

I awake violently, thrashing around in the pink seat. “Whoa!” I looked around, the faces of the three who rescued me where shut eyed. They all laid around napping. Coryn was curled up in his lab coat, Vacant hibernating in his weird outfit on the floor. mumbling about...show ideas? For what? Mahlua was curled in the other corner. I was in the middle of the three long seats. Mahlua's black coat was over me. I grinned, I don't know who these people are but they saved me. I think...I hope.

I sat up, trying to recall the events before this. I looked to my hands, dirty and cut up. My fingertips where oddly tough. My sweater was a mess, with rips all over. I could feel my hair exploding in all directions, my bangs nearly over my eyes. I pushed them back, trying hard to think. “Where was I...the Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess was chasing me...it was back on that planet and th...BARRY GOLDMAN!”

I screamed as it all flowed through me, everyone’s eyes opened. “Oh sorry” I covered my mouth and sunk back down. “No no, you said something interesting there. Say it again” Coryn sat up. “Barry Goldman”.

“I knew she was something” he spoke. Vacant shrugged. “Leave it to Coryn eh”.

“So you know of him to” Mahlua spoke still curled up. “Yes I...I met him in fact! But it wasn’t...he was called The Dingus. I picked up a trace of him from across the universe, but I don’t remember what we did or how I ended up like this...where this outfit came from...or anything!” Coryn rubbed his nose, “How interesting” he spoke.

“You said something about a Dynamic Twin Goddess, what was that?” Vacant spoke. “The Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess you British twit. She’s trying to rule this galaxy with her pink fist.” “So that was one of her ships then?”

“Yes, but not the main one. All my life I’ve jumped planet to planet and all my life she’s been after me. She needs me for...some kind of instrument...the Magnus Bridge”. “Sounds silly” Mahlua laughed. “Okay…sure.” I squinted at her. “Okay that explains some of it, but why where the Spam Ninjas there? Have you ever seen them before Stella?” “Negative, also how did you know my name? You said it earlier.”

Suddenly my eyes nearly exploded, Coryn pulled a magazine from his pocket. “Guitar World…” I looked at the cover it was...a girl with long black hair over her eyes, the same sweater as me and some kind of red guitar. “Stella Strikes Again, an account of Midnight Stella and Her Constellations second album. Coryn what is this?” My heart was exploding.

“I don’t know! We found it with you!” I sat blank faced, my head in my hands. “Okay sure, I’m Midnight Stella. Space traveler, guitar girl...anything else!” “The magazine says your second album was a letdown” Vacant spoke.

“Frick!"

I felt everyone go silent. I looked up puzzled at everyone's shocked faces. “She just said...the word” Mahlua spoke. Vacant cleared his throat. Coryn breathed in, “She did, she said...

...Barry Goldman’s word”

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:54:41 PM by Manimal »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: MR & ManimalVerse : The Midnight Harmonica
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »
This certainly sounds like something out of your music and MRverse all right. It's so outrageous I'm surprised Mr. Let-me-constantly-change-my-username-for-ironic-humor hasn't been summoned at its mere existence.

Structurally, having different lines as different speakers talk in a dialogue would probably make things easier to read. Other than that, just proofreading to make sure you have all your quotation marks (I saw a couple missing) and commas in order to clean this up and I think that'd just about do it.

For some reason when the spam ninjas exploded the sound effect that came to mind was "SPLORCH". Nobody asked, but I figure it enhances the image.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online Manimal Claus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »
Ha ha, indeed. Ah yes, that would help; Thanks for looking at it. I just wrote it really quick and plan to wing it. Put some peeps in here and do some sci-fi things. The format is a work in progress for sure. Splorch. I will have to use that.

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »
I know more, and somehow less than ever about your album's universe.

As Mahlua said, hard a lot of the time to tell who was talking. Start a new paragraph every time you switch speakers. It won't be entirely proper, but it will be a lot easier to read.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Online Manimal Claus

• View Profile
Re: MR & ManimalVerse : The Midnight Harmonica (#2)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »
I will keep trying on the format. Also Coryn I don't really understand my album's universe. There truly isn't much thought, I'm trying to piece together random bits of things I come up with into something. It's just added fun for me and another element to what I can do.

This next chapter makes less sense, I'm just rolling with it. This is just for kicks.

Chapter 2 : Piped, Pickled, Peppered, Platinum
Theme Song : Magic Mountain (1978)
Spoiler

The escape pod roared through the cosmos, God knows where it was headed.

The air was heavy inside, through the three pink furry seats, padded ceiling and floor the four of us sat at full attention. I was in the center, sweating insanely as these weirdos eyeballed me. I tugged at the collar of my sweater, “Look, I don’t quite know what’s going on right now but I...I need to just rest okay. I need to gather my thoughts and just...STOP STARING AT ME!”

The three of them backed off, eyes breaking contact. I eased up, “I met the boy who may well have been Barry Goldman but a lot happened and I just...I don’t know.” Vacant shrugged, “Fair enough, want some Kraken?”

“What?” The air suddenly lighted up as Vacant shed the greasy suit. He was clad in a button up top and...I puked. Oh my God I literally vomited all over the pink seats as I looked to his legs clad in Daisy Dukes. His thighs however, they were smooth. And shaped so well I could hollow them out for soup ladles. A bottle of Kraken seemed to just sit perfectly between his legs. Everyone jumped around excited, I wiped my barf dripping mouth. “I’ll pass thank you”.

Hours burnt by, there were only briefs hints of conversation. I learnt they were the Manga Raiders or something. A brigade sent to find Barry Goldman. “The golden harmonica” Coryn spoke, “His tool of destruction which shattered many ear drums, something annoying. But what we never knew is our enemy 4Kids was after it. We gained intel that they need it and something else to complete their ultimate tool”.

“I am the something else” I sighed, “They need me and whatever he has. I truly don’t get it man” I shook my head. “I need to recollect these memories, where are we headed anyway?”

“Don’t know but we’re coming onto some kind of planet right about...now” suddenly the pod began rattling. We shook around, huddling close as we burnt through some kind of atmosphere. “Jeez thanks for the warning dude!” Mahlua yelled.

“Brace yourselves!”

I woke up shaking again. The pod was clad in flashing purple lights. We were upside down. “Anyone...alive?” I spoke through heavy breaths. Everyone was piled on top of each other, limbs sticking out of here and there. I saw Coryn’s thumb rise up, “Great. Now can everyone please get off of me before my organs explode”

It was then the pod shook. “What’s going on!” The door was being smashed, I heard something break off. There was perfect silence for a minute before the top completely popped off. “I DIDN’T DO IT!” Mahlua screamed as the air let in the pod. We all started coughing.

“Coryn” a man in a black cloak looked down from the top of the pod. He lowered his hood to reveal a mess of hair and glasses.

“Oh hi Paipis, um help?” Coryn chuckled. Another one?

My feet hit the squishy ground. It was a land of black skies but bright forests. The trees shined white and fireflies flew all over. The surface was like a mattress, it left memory marks as we walked. Mahlua and Vacant jumped around laughing before Mahlua sunk right through the ground. “F*ck's sake! It’s all wet ewwww!”

“Ya um, don’t do that” Paipis spoke in a deep voice. Vacant pulled Mahlua out, revealing a vivid pool puddle of water underneath the light green surface. It quickly seemed to heal itself and the hole filled right back in. “I’ve never seen a world like this before” I noted.

The air was alarming but relaxing, a bit heavy but a nice smell seemed to pulse through the trees. We crash landed right into a giant winding trunk that seemed to reach right to the sky. Our escape pod exploded with smoke, messing with the atmosphere of the quiet planet.

“So, what brings you folks over here? In trouble again?” Paipis asked as we walked over to an area akin to a park. A wide open space among the trees with wooden benches and seats. “Yes, but this time we found someone quite interesting” Mahlua spoke patting me on the back. “Ow! I’m still sore watch it!” I barked, rubbing my aching back.

“Hi, I’m um….Paipis.” he extended a cloaked hand, I reached out and grabbed an edge of the cloak, “Um ya cool I’m um...Stella” I laughed imitating his speech.

“So what’re you doing out here huh? Left the city?” Vacant asked as he produced a bag of candy with a monster on the front. “Give me some” Mahlua grabbed a handful out of the bag and chowed down as Paipis spoke.

“City was too loud, I’ll be back, I just wanted some time in this um, nice...place.” everyone looked around, nodding at the quality of this little planet.

“It’s interesting here. I-ah.” I froze up in horror as I noticed a bear walk up behind us. No one seemed to bat an eye as Paipis pet the bear. “Guys...it’s...a bear”

“Ya this is um, Burgundy. He’s cool” Paipis spoke as everyone giggled at my fear. “S-sure.”

“Wow the mighty Midnight Stella’s scared of a wittle bear huh?” Mahlua chuckled her mouth full of that monster candy. “Whatever!” I stuck my tongue out.

“So Paipis, can you find us a way back to the city, or atleast some method of messaging them?” Coryn asked leaning back on the bench. “Radio towers in the center of the planet, I can show you the way there if you want” said Paipis. “In fact I think it’s about time I left the planet anyway, I mean it’s fine b-”

“Hello there!” everyone jumped as another shadowy figure stood behind Paipis. It was some kind of bearded wizard in the same black cloak. His hands together. A woman walked behind him with long brown hair around her face, it ran down her cloak. Both looked about early 30's or so, tall people with weird jagged necklaces on and creepy Wal-Mart plaster on smiles.

“Found some friends did you?” the woman spoke, eyes closed smiling. “Oh ya these are um, some people I know” said Paipis as he pet his bear. I gave him a look of, dude who are these people are you okay? To which he just looked off to the ground.

“Well it’s certainly nice to meet you fine folks? Can we offer you anything like a meal or maybe even a change of clothes?” the man spoke in a perfectly creepy tone. “No thank you, we have somewhere to go, urgent business” I spoke plainly.

“But look at this tattered sweater don’t you want something a little nicer?” the woman suddenly appeared in front of me, grabbing at my sweater. I knocked her hand off, “Excuse me, don’t touch me please!”

The man knelled in front of us grinning. “Show your friends our little home, won’t you?”

“Um, ya I guess.” Paipis spoke looking down, “Come on guys, you can rest for the night then we’ll make it to the radio towers”

“I don’t like this” I whispered to Vacant. “Relax” he spoke back, “You're just a bit paranoid" A bit paranoid? Bug off.

We walked off into the forest, Paipis’ bear following us. I looked to everyone’s faces to confirm how weird this was. For some reason everyone looked happy, even striking conversation with the wizard. "This is weird right Mahlua?" I asked. "Don't be paranoid, it's fine" she laughed. Paranoid, that word again.

As we stomped through the glowing forest we came across another clearing. A silver building stood, it leaded to one side and had soft edges. There was a sizable yard space and lights all along the path. “Nice” I quietly noted as we entered. A little too nice maybe.

The space was large but it felt oddly comfy. The glow from outside remained, and everything seemed to be in the perfect place. It was so clean. I saw a dining room where an old lady in a cloak sat knitting something, a few kids were running around nearby.

“What a neat place!” Vacant beamed, settling down at the table. “So careless” I grumbled as Coryn and Mahlua followed. “We will prepare you a meal, do any of you wish to bathe before hand?”

“Bathe?” everyone laughed at the same time. They where a smelly bunch after all. I guess I am to, so how can I talk. I nervously walked back, still in the doorway. Paipis joined the group and the woman walked over to me. “You look to be in poor shape, I assure you a bath will do wonders for you!”

I shook my head, “No I’m okay”.

“Please! You will find no greater relaxation in this galaxy!” she gently grabbed my wrist. "Come on!" she smiled so beautifully. I grumbled, "Fine". I eyed Coryn as we passed. He gave me a thumbs up, what’s he thinking? Does he not realize how weird this is? Am I the only normal person here? Feels like it.

“Hey stop!” the woman begin to lift my sweater off as we got to the bathroom. I fought against her as she began to peel it up, revealing my black tank top underneath. My hair flew everywhere in a static mess. “I will wash this for you, now please go ahead.” she smiled, leaving me alone. I grunted, feeling cold without that wool around me. The room was orange, a door leading to what I suppose was the bath on the other side. “Screw it”

Okay, I may of had the wrong idea. I think these people are okay. I laid back in the blanket of warm water. The room was like a mini cave, with soft soil and a patch of perfect glowing water. I could feel all my worries vanish in the steam that rose up. For once in the last few hours my head was...almost clear.

I thought hard, Barry Goldman. I know him, I met him. I tried to realize his face, I had come to Earth for some reason. And I met someone called...The Dingus, what did he look like? As I thought on I felt a sudden current. Like waves smacking my mind out of my body I lied blank. The waves swirled, I felt the steam rise through me until I couldn’t see.

I let out a loud scream as electricity jolted through the air. I stood up, everything was normal. What just happened? My hair was nearly sticking up...my hands were shaking. I felt like I exited myself for a minute. Like something was torn out of me. I eased back down...it was a dream, falling asleep in the bath is no good.

Suddenly the water bubbled, I smacked my back against the end of the pool. A curly mess of black hair rose from under the water. I saw my fearful eyes through perfect black sunglasses. A cigarette was in the figures mouth and a harmonica was around his neck like headgear. Is this...who is this? He rose slowly, carrying a black and orange guitar, a black suit…he blew into his harmonica in the key of C.

IT'S BOB DYLAN! WHY IS BOB DYLAN IN THE BATH WITH ME!

“Ahh...ha....WWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:56:41 PM by Manimal »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »
That plot twist at the end reminded me too much of one of the early chapters of My Immortal X'D.
"And it was...DUMBLYDOORE. 'WHAT THE F--- ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERF---ERS!' he screamed".

There's not much I can review on since your style is more conversational, although the dialogue was much easier to read through this time around.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online Manimal Claus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 03:24:48 PM »
The twist of all twists. Ya, I like to write that way more then anything. I will ask though, do you like how your character is being portrayed so far? I'm sticking mostly to the peeps I've interacted with on the show and trying to hear in my head how they speak when I write the lines. Bless the Happy Hour for making this stuff that much easier. I find Coryn is the easiest to get down.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
I can definitely say that you have Vacant down pretty well, too. As for me, I can't complain. It's a little rough, but I accept that it's me in a different universe so it's not exactly Me me (if that makes any sense). If I had advice, try relaxing it just a little. Other than that, it's totally fine.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »
Harder to get Mahlua down just because you haven't spent literal days of time just talking to her.

To comment on that line of thought though, Vacant feels less like Vacant at times and more like a long string of Vacant-isms. This isn't easy to fix, but I think a lot of it just comes down to matching his speech patterns. It's that subtle britishness that seeps into how he talks, the little turns of phrase. You have it too, except swap in Canada.

Online Manimal Claus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 09:59:03 PM »
Ya that's just it. It's weird to think of it like that but there's been like 4 days if not more of total time I've talked to everyone on the show and after. Vacant has too many memes so ya it gets a little more silly. What about you though? I did the bald joke right away to set the scene but I don't plan on harping on it, it's gotten old but I just do it to be stupid at this point.

For my reference this is a playlist of all my "lore" songs in order of the timeline.

It makes no sense and it's all improv piece by piece but it's fun. Fringe to 2002 Magazine is the first timeline of Stella where she is a rock star in 2002. One Hopeless Buyer and Aqua Blind are her songs and the others are told by Barry Goldman. He is the Poptart Hero at this time but in 2005 he becomes The Dingus. This is either another timeline or universe, or a big reset where Stella is in the cosmos now. Zellers Heroes to Cluster Nebula tell the tale of Stella's meeting with him. The end of which is where this story begins with Star Light Zone Act IV. The rest is all in real time for where the story is.

MoonPhase II has the purple ship coming down to wreck stuff up. It's a song where the boy is pleading to Stella to fulfill his ideals and show him the shining life he desires. On Magnus Bridge, Stella is pretty much a shining ideal Goddess figure, where she is human with flaws on Black Hair Like Blood. Hence why, even though One Hopeless Buyer is a song directly about Love Live, I intended it to be what Midnight Stella and Her Constellations would sound like. Cluster Nebula is the end of this meeting, I imagine this is when the dust clears and she is taken off by the Spam Ninjas where the story starts.

No one in the right mind would listen to this playlist, it's just for fun for me to amuse myself. It really makes no sense.
https://soundcloud.com/poptarthero/sets/harmonica
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:04:34 PM by Manimal »

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 11:06:04 PM »
Well, I can at least tell you that just because I shave my head (not totally bald you know), that it's not really reflective like that. No more than you can see a reflection in your nose or your forehead.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:10 PM »
Harder to get Mahlua down just because you haven't spent literal days of time just talking to her.

Just follow the link in my signature. You'll learn more about me than you EVER cared to know.

I mean, I'd be totally down for a recording sometime this weekend or sometime next week since finals will be over. Oh yeah, crap, I have a final tomorrow at like one in the afternoon. It's almost midnight. I have done absolutely zero preparations. Aahhh f--- me running sideways...
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online Manimal Claus

• View Profile
Re: MR & ManimalVerse : The Midnight Harmonica (#3)
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 05:22:49 AM »
We normally record on Monday now. Also I believe the lost Sherbet episode was telling enough ha ha. and Coryn if a bald head is not reflective then it's not fun.

Chapter 3 : I Literally Just Spawned Bob Dylan From My Galactic Vag
Theme Song : 2002 Magazine

Spoiler
I stood in the living room shaking. I was wearing one of their black cloaks, oddly enough it fit really nicely and makes me feel very warm even with nothing underneath. I dig it, but I don’t dig this.

Everyone stood around bemused as Bob Dylan played guitar and harmonica in front of us. I wanted to cry. The woman lightly brushed my long hair as the granny fixed my sweater in the corner. How nice. To think I thought these kind hearted people where some kind of cultists.

“So you’re saying he just appeared?” Coryn asked after intensely studying Bob for a few minutes.

“Yes, I felt my mind exit my body and an overwhelming jolt. Then suddenly he emerged” I spoke, my face now in my hands. “Wow” he replied, touching Bob’s suit.

“Do you speak?” Mahlua got up in his face. He blew a few notes in his harmonica. “What was that?” He spit more gross notes. “Is this how you communicate?” he shook his lips all across the harp.

“Great…” I let out. “Do you know who he is?” Paipis asked me. “Yes, I’ve seen him somewhere. I...someone I think, The Dingus told me about him.”

Paipis put his hands together and entered deep thought. “Bob Dylan is an earth musician, you say you made contact with this boy who may be Barry Goldman, perhaps he instilled these images into your head?”

“Ya! That’s how I knew what that face Coryn drew on the cardboard was, that explains things I guess…or makes it more confusing”. I sighed, the woman continued to brush my hair.

“So what you’re telling me is Stella and thingy like mind linked or some sh*t?” Vacant spoke shaking around in his seat. Bottle of rum between his legs as he drank through a giant sippy straw. “Vacant you’re drunk, go to bed” Coryn let out. Vacant waved his hand.

“This is most interesting, I’d say Stella has a lot of latent powers inside of her. Perhaps an extended stay will help get them out?” the woman remarked. “No thank you, by the way who are you people anyway, like names and everything?”

“Oh ya we haven’t introduced ourselves how rude! I’m Julie and this is my husband...Steve.” The wizard waved from the kitchen, cooking up our meal.

“What a plain name” I laughed, Steve just shrugged. These people weren’t so bad after all. Everyone seemed to be at ease right now, “Hey wait, I literally just spawned Bob Dylan from my galactic vag! Why aren’t we...um I don’t know, doing something!”

“What can we do Stella? You’re a weird space creature, I guess we just let him in on our journey” Coryn noted. “He seems alright but that harmonica is going to grade on me fast, let’s not talk to him” Bob blared into it in reply.

“Whatever, I don’t even care anymore” I sunk back as Julie finished. Dinner soon arrived, we chowed down on some kind of odd organic meal. It tasted pretty good actually. Everyone was talking care free, the gang catching up with Paipis, learning about this planet. It was oddly nice.

The granny walked over and tapped me on the shoulder, “Your sweater is all good now dear!” She held up the wool before me, perfectly repaired without any holes. “Oh you’re so sweet thank you!” I reached out to hug the granny and happily took my sweater back.

After hanging out for a bit we settled in our rooms for the night. They were homely feeling with the same orange glow as the washroom. The beds were comfy and each room had a window to look out at the glowing forest. The white light came through in a gentle tone when the lights were out.

I took a walk down the hall as everyone fell asleep. I heard some music from one room, I knocked. Paipis stood in the doorway holding a yellow guitar. Bob was in the corner eating chicken through his harmonica. “Yo” I grinned. “Um hi” he spoke deadpan.

I looked at his guitar, it looked like the one I had on the magazine cover. “Can I see that?”

“I guess”. Paipis handed me his guitar, I threw it on and instantly found myself strumming. Like my hands knew what to do but my brain stood in confusion. “Whoa” I spoke, “I didn’t know I could play”.

“One Hopeless Buyer!” Paipis spoke as I played a arpeggio riff. “Ya?”  shrugged before suddenly jerking the tune into a power chord frenzy. “I haven’t heard that song in forever” he seemed to light up a bit. I played along confused by how I knew what to do.

“I don’t know...where that came from but...okay” I put the guitar down freaked out.

“That was from Midnight Stella and Her Constellations...hey, you don’t happen to be her do you?” I sighed, “I’m really puzzled myself but I think...I, I think so”.

“Well Midnight Stella was a big artist in around 2002. She dropped off the face of Earth after her second album, Moon Phase II. It opened with that song actually”.

“Do you have the album, or anything I can hear or see from them?”

“That stuffs back home in the city, I didn’t bring anything but my guitar over here.”

“Well that shuckles my buckles, are you going to come with us to the city?” Paipis thought for a second, “I might”. I grinned, “Okay, you have fun with Bob over there okay?”

Bob blew into his harmonica, spitting out bits of chicken all over our cloaks as he played the chord progression of C, F and G in the corner. Paipis rolled his eyes, “Fun”.

I walked back down the hall more confused than ever. The house was dark but the light still shone my path. I was still in this cloak, it fit me so well I would probably die if I took it off at this point. Like ripping off my own skin really.

Coryn sat at the table typing into some kind of holographic tablet. I scooted next to him. “What’s up Corn?”

He sighed heavily “Don’t call me that” I grinned, “Fine, what’s up Bald Vader”.

I laughed goofily as he sighed again, “I’m just typing in today’s findings, damn tablet is so slow though.”

“Today’s findings, I’d say you found a lot of things today.”

“Ya, it’s been slow for a while. We’ve had all but no leads on Barry Goldman for the last few years. It’s stressful you know, two factions at war. Both need to find the same thing before the other. It’s a race I’m not excited to run in.”

I slouched forward, looking out the window with my chin in my hands. “Ya that’s no fun. I wish I could remember more, but I just don’t know anything right now. Vague hints”

“It’s alright, you’ve been through a year’s worth of events in one day, I don’t expect you to have any sort of clear head. You’ll remember things soon enough.”

“I hope so”

I listened to Coryn type away for a few minutes and got up. “I really need to get some sleep now. Good sleep, not the kind where a heavy knock forces me unconscious.” I chuckled as Coryn waves me off.

Soon enough the cloak was hanging on the back of the door and I got lost in the ocean like bed, fitting perfectly like everything else here. I thought of that boy one more time before I finally fell asleep. Finally, good solid...sleep.

“THE SPAM NINJAS HAVE LANDED!”

This is life, this right here is life.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:24:51 AM by Manimal »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »
Yeah, that was a fun call. I miss it. I wonder where it went?

Well, that was strange from the chapter title onward. :ohmy:
I think I'm more confused than I was last chapter.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 08:26:30 PM »
So like, is Bob Dylan's harmanica attached to his mouth? Can he pull it away? Are they one in the same being?

So many more questions than answers...