April 18, 2024, 07:50:44 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 97050 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #345 on: July 18, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »
Hey thanks guys!

@Suuper
I like both but for different reasons, the super long stuff is a real slog to get through but I feel a greater sense of satisfaction and accomplishment with those pieces.

I like the sketches too, since they feel low commitment and I don't stress as hard over them. Sometimes they turn out even better than the long stuff because of that.

As for which one I like better, I'm not sure, I think I'll stick with my original statement and just say that I like both equally but for different reasons!

@lego
Yes, grays first then color!

A quick update aside from the game stuff I've been working on, I've been trying to paint big pieces as well. Here is a WIP of something that I've let sit for a long time now due to working on other stuff but I'll eventually get around to finishing this one!

Spoiler

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 18, 2018, 11:57:47 PM »
Did some more sketches today, figured I should draw more men once in a while.

Iskandar from Fate/Zero from memory:

Spoiler

After looking at a reference:

Spoiler

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2018, 12:23:51 PM »
The shading gives it a very good sense of depth. Well done!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2018, 03:53:11 PM »
aaaand thats why we use reference :P
although the first one was pretty good, better than my from-memory pieces :P
and as always I love the amount of form you can convey with a few brush strokes of shade and highlights!
Do you paint light and dark on a different layer, or just paint both on top of each other until it looks right?

As for which one I like better, I'm not sure, I think I'll stick with my original statement and just say that I like both equally but for different reasons!
thats ok it was a trick question Fair enough, I think I would probably answer the same way if asked about my long and short pieces :P

and cool cityscape I missed that just now. Ive always been scared of that much detail in a piece :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2018, 01:30:10 AM »
Thanks both of you!

@suuper
Oh man, speaking of details. I keep THINKING I have the willpower those crazy good environment artists have when it comes to rendering fully detailed cityscapes but it just takes so long that I'm worried I'll lose interest in what I'm working on and never finish it. I've been trying to lab out a decent mid point for this, somewhere where I can still get those details without working as hard and so far, no dice.

My latest work that I posted on DeviantArt as a part of an ongoing art challenge between myself and a few friends, the theme was draw something about summer. So I drew my OC from my game project, Lydie enjoying some bubble tea! This is a good example of where I TRIED to do a cityscape but the tedium just broke me so I blurred everything and called it a day haha.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2018, 02:20:39 AM »
I've struggled with cityscapes, possibly for the same reason. I've always preferred quick sketches so a detailed city would take too long. but I'm starting to finally get the hang of longer drawings, so I might take a step into background at some point. Or just use sketchup to block it out lol. It's surprising, but I am actually very patient, but only when I think it is worth it, and my art hasn't been worth it yet haha

great themed piece. yeah I think the background could have had a little extra detail, even in the blur, as the blurry bit is quite indistinct I couldn't tell it was meant to be buildings I thought it was more like trees and stuff. maybe more vertical and horizontal lines will give it more of an artificial feel. You can always take the composite route and paste a photo of a city in and blur that, or use it as reference/trace it. I want to try that anyway for fun :P

I like the shading on the clothes and body, but in a few places it feels a bit patchy, or your style is just a bit looser for this piece. good perspective on seeing the bottom of the umbrella but the top of the railing  :P  I love the shorts because I can't draw shorts yet :)

the tedium just broke me so I blurred everything and called it a day haha.
That's gonna happen but as long as you keep pushing the boundary you'll get there!! Your work is always of a good quality, so if you've made it this far with characters, backgrounds will be a cinch :P

something that might help that I have just discovered being a noob artist myself, is to keep a bunch of WIPs and work on them when I feel like it, alongside my other stuff. So when tedium kicks in, stop and go onto something else. that way you are always giving stuff your best, and avoiding that tedium which can damage your work :P
You might already do this tho :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2018, 12:07:55 PM »
the values looks good men amazing i cant critique u with colors  :tongue: how r u men

are i u drawing bunch of sketches when ur at your house cause the consistency of your art havent changed still
as always it was good work men  :D keep drawing haha nc to see u again here

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
Thanks both of you!

@suuper
Oh man, speaking of details. I keep THINKING I have the willpower those crazy good environment artists have when it comes to rendering fully detailed cityscapes but it just takes so long that I'm worried I'll lose interest in what I'm working on and never finish it. I've been trying to lab out a decent mid point for this, somewhere where I can still get those details without working as hard and so far, no dice.

My latest work that I posted on DeviantArt as a part of an ongoing art challenge between myself and a few friends, the theme was draw something about summer. So I drew my OC from my game project, Lydie enjoying some bubble tea! This is a good example of where I TRIED to do a cityscape but the tedium just broke me so I blurred everything and called it a day haha.

Hahaha totally feel you on full backgrounds. Cute work here nicely done
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 09, 2018, 03:53:33 AM »
Gorgeus coloring. The background seems blurry indeed. Making detailed background takes forever lol.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2018, 05:42:48 PM »
Thanks Walt! Yeah I've been wanting to do more detailed backgrounds but the tedium really gets to me sometimes haha.

Sorry about the lack of updates, been super busy lately but now I have some more time to draw regularly again!

Only a few things to post, I barely managed to squeeze in some time to do some quick work, here it is!

A concept sketch I'm contributing to a friend's mobile tactics game, atypical female knight type character

This next one is a WIP for a thing I was making for a friend's birthday, it isn't finished yet but I'll definitely be finishing it soon once I take care of other commissions! The background is still a placeholder at the moment.

A summer picture of Mordred and Astolfo at the beach
Spoiler

Offline anmonia

• 17 yo frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2018, 05:56:15 PM »
wow!!! how you manage to design your characters this is insane!
I really like the atypical female knight!! you made it so natural and it's not the type of "female-knight-but-with-half-of-her-body-naked" nooo this is just a real knight and I love it may I ask you how many time it took you to draw this sketch?

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2018, 06:02:22 PM »
Thank you! I don't normally time myself so this is just a guess, but I think I took just over an hour to do this sketch.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2018, 08:56:52 PM »
Thanks both of you!

@suuper

Late but ooooh hell yeah. You're really great with colour as well as drawing smexy smexy ladies devola. Keep at it. Always a treat to see your stuff.

Latest stuff: Love the armour and word on that knightgal. And that beach pick of Mordred (Always liked-hated that name haha)  and Astolfo? *Inhale* Yes. I like. Very much. How do get inspiration for this stuff?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2018, 02:51:49 AM »
I barely managed to squeeze in some time to do some quick work, here it is!
Man I aspire for that level of squeezinability. And about an hour to do that armour? wow thats some quick detailed work. despite the overall sketchiness you got some great design on that and the rendering on the shiny objects is fantastic.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2018, 05:41:20 AM »
You draw some great armor designs. That and the one on supper's requests thread (the ghost girl possesing armor) were great.

Facebook       Patreon