October 17, 2018, 08:01:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 18781 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2018, 02:08:12 AM »
Yeah I tend to draw a lot of similar characters, guess I need to differentiate my characters more if they all seem like they have the same face!

WIP of my next thang
Spoiler

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2018, 02:56:19 AM »
Cant wait to see how this turns out mah duude

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2018, 03:13:58 AM »
Hm...  :hmm:

Spoiler

...that is a very squishy violin.
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2018, 03:39:44 AM »
Ayy yeah sorry about that, I'll try to keep that in mind when I move on to the actual drawing phase! Just to clarify, by squishy violin you mean that it's too small and without enough detail currently to make it appear 3D/solid correct? I usually don't detail it during the sketch phase but I'll keep that in mind for next time!

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2018, 03:44:49 AM »
I was actually reminded about this youtube video when you drew the violin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfvw_Y5MTlk

Basically there was a running gag midway about how people who drew the best violin got an A.  :tongue:

But sure, it's small  :D
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2018, 03:18:29 AM »
Gotcha  :thumbsup:

Another quick sketch, tons of stuff on the back log to wrap up now!

Introducing Mysterious Heroine M! She's got daddy issues and a chip on her shoulder! Stole the most expensive bike in the garage and has since left on a journey to to prove to the Saber-verse that she is the one and only Saber.

Spoiler

Offline Ren-chan

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2018, 03:57:50 AM »
Your artwork reminds me of Ein Lee's style of work. She's a pretty cool artist. *JUST LIKE YOU*.

Anyways. I like that you're experimenting with a lot of different genres in your art. You get more rounded at generating concepts like that. You're quite playful with desiging your characters, that's good too, makes 'em interesting.

Personally I think if you do more gesture drawing, 20 minutes of 1 minute or 2 minute poses a day you'll get good progress in a few months.

:heart:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:03:29 AM by Ren-chan »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2018, 09:02:39 AM »
Mysterious Heroine M looks like the type to die young.  :cop:

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2018, 04:15:24 PM »
Gawd your stuff is just bombastically good. I wanted to comment on Truth but Heroine M has me jaw on the floor. You drew a freaking motorbike! Those things are murder! Great stuff Devola

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2018, 03:21:13 AM »
@Forlorn
Hahaha I don't know why but this comment cracked me up, if she were in F/GO one of her skill should totally be called "I'm gonna die young" or something, lmao 10/10

@Ren
I took a look, her art is fantastic! I could only hope to be half as good as she is one day, but thanks for the comment I appreciate it. I've definitely been neglecting to do gesture practice recently having shifted my focus onto coloring but thanks for the reminder I'll definitely start that up once again soon.

@Lego
Thanks Lego! The TRUTH is i've been grinding away at cleaning up and doing a finalized version of that picture for a while now. The bike is most definitely murder, trying to get all the parts and everything painted is /tedious/

On to regular updates, sorry for the radio silence! Been swamped from all corners with a bunch of things, but it's good to keep busy. Street Fighter 5 AE just launched and I gotta shape up and make sure I'm tournament ready for EVO. Also the giant back catalog of GDQ games to catch up on for AGDQ this year... lots to do.

In the meantime, here are some things I've finally managed to at least get out of the sketch phase. While practicing with color has been really enlightening, I feel like I just don't grasp digital painting well enough yet so the focus going forward from here is to work on realistic painting. For the sake of completing stuff, I've gone back to the old way I've been coloring for these pictures:

This ones a character concept piece, it's for a short story inspired by The Cat Lady. (Haven't quite figured out a background yet, or if I'm even going to do one)

Spoiler

The story is called Black Cat, and it takes place a ways into the future in a mega city called Helios 1. An AI chat bot gains sentience from residual data left behind by human users on a forum and pieces together a personality from those chat logs. She escapes and is targeted by a corporation called Colossus intent on studying her. Because she can't be directly connected to the internet, she has to use a physical android body and external hard drives to store her memories since her body is unable to store so much data. She stores this data in the form of cats (all animals are robotic in this future, there are no more "living" animals). In the story, she opens up an investigation firm and becomes a private investigator intent on finding more AI that have gained sentience before Colossus does, and is dead set on rescuing them.

This second piece is something I've been wanting to do for a while now but just never got around to it, here's a (lazy) version of it!

Meet the Artist!

This is team Color Splat! It consists of myself (on the right) and my significant other (on the left). As you all know my name on the forum is Devola, but my "pen" name is ManaBurst.

I'm a 25 year old Canadian dude.

Likes: Guitars, Video Games, Fighting Games in particular (any contenders are welcome to challenge me, I play Blazblue mainly but I'll fight anyone in Guilty Gear Xrd or Street Fighter 5  ;)), singing poorly, making music, listening to all kinds of music, Mordred, anime and doing accents

Dislikes: Drinking (I really can't hold my liquor feelsbad), normies, excuses, myself, condescending people,  social media, eating anything dippable without hummus, getting haircuts, my job

Good traits: I have these?

Bad traits: EVERYTHING

I promise I'll make a proper meet the artist thing soon!

Offline Spooky Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • We're The Dream Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2018, 08:29:48 AM »
Canadian

Color

Southern spy? Don't think you'll fool these iron eyes.

But as normal cool stuff here. Bike girl looks especially amazing, that's a well drawn bike in just the right amount of detail also. The meet the artist thing is neat, dynamic! Duo dynamic! I know it's a common one, but I might steal that idea from you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:32:13 AM by Manimal »

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2018, 09:51:28 AM »
This is team Color Splat! It consists of myself (on the right) and my significant other (on the left). As you all know my name on the forum is Devola, but my "pen" name is ManaBurst.

I'm a 25 year old Canadian dude.

when i was still new on the forum i tought you where an woman :blush:.. at least you are not the only one whos gender i got wrong lets say i am very bad at this kind of stuff :noidea:

great art as always

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »
Canadian

Color

Southern spy? Don't think you'll fool these iron eyes.

But as normal cool stuff here. Bike girl looks especially amazing, that's a well drawn bike in just the right amount of detail also. The meet the artist thing is neat, dynamic! Duo dynamic! I know it's a common one, but I might steal that idea from you.

SHARP OBSERVATION THERE BROTHER.
I just end up using color because everything I type gets that annoying red line that keeps telling me colour and armour is wrong. It's gotten to the point now where I've just been using "color" over colour online. I'm a bad Canadian. feelsawfulman

As for the meet the artist thing I didn't quite do it right at least not the way I see other people do it. I got this idea from MusicFreak who did something like it a while back, I think she got the idea from someone else as well.

@Eukocar
Don't worry about it haha, gender doesn't really matter to me! And thanks for the kind words  ;D

Offline Spooky Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • We're The Dream Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2018, 07:25:04 PM »
Fair enough. I'm pretty hardcore on that. I change song titles on my phone to match up. So it becomes Flow, Colours. 9nine, Colourful etc. It's always an active thought in my head whenever I type the word. Also yes, meet the artist is an old thing but seeing this made me want to do it also.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2018, 10:19:27 AM »
I promise I'll make a proper meet the artist thing soon!
Can't wait, I've got quite a few art related questions lined up for you :D