March 29, 2024, 12:43:23 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 96116 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2018, 01:56:01 AM »
Huh. Knowing her personality actually makes her seem a little cuter.

I'd say the hands look a little eh, but that may be lack of detail. I'm also assuming that it's her index finger sticking out of the pocket, which may be incorrect.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2018, 04:40:39 AM »
Are u using a tablet and a stylus dude rlly cute characters there and looking good on shapes btw how did u start to draw example:i want to draw a girl how will i start?or were will i start?, u dude how do you start?

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2018, 10:33:34 PM »
Are u using a tablet and a stylus dude rlly cute characters there and looking good on shapes btw how did u start to draw example:i want to draw a girl how will i start?or were will i start?, u dude how do you start?

He draws using broken glass on sand.

(I dont think any of these questions really matter tbh, he uses a tablet to draw and just does normal construction)

Offline fcollot

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:51:55 AM by fcollot »

Offline Ren-chan

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2018, 08:08:00 AM »
Hello senpai please notice me I like your art.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2018, 10:17:12 AM »
@Killer B

I can post my step by step for how I start a picture if you're curious but yeah I use broken glass a tablet to draw with. As for how I start, I just plop down the torso or head somewhere on the page and construct a figure from there. I'll generally have an idea of how what kind of pose I want to do before I start drawing though. After the construction of the pose, I'll fill in a rough sketch, followed by a cleaner sketch with some shading/tones/lighting then I'll move on to a finalized colored version if I decide to color it.

Here's a step by step sample on the latest piece I'm working on:
(Just for clarity's sake, from left to right the characters are: Mordred, Okita + Nobunaga, Jeanne D'arc, Arjuna)

Step 1: Figure construction
I do this for every figure in the picture unless it's a pose I'm very familiar with (there is no construction for Nobunaga for that reason, the couch is also referenced from a picture)

Step 2: Sketch
This is the rough sketch where I turn the figures into somewhat fleshed out characters. You'll find during this phase a lot of the figures have changed a bit from my construction, I usually get feedback at this point from others in the Discord.

Step 3: Quick Shading
I do a very fast pass of shading over the picture to get a general idea where the lighting will be

Step 4: A lot of stuff
From this point on, I clean up lines and finalize design elements, followed by toning and more processed shading. After this, I color and do another pass of much cleaner shading along with lighting.
Spoiler

This image is still a work on progress though, it's my F/GO team that I'll be turning into a banner for my social media!

Hope this helps!

@fcollot & mahlua
Thanks guys, I'm glad you can relate with the character! I'll be doing a final pass at her later today and I'll keep your suggestions in mind Mahlua, thanks for the feedback.

@Ren
Oh hey, good meme
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:19:14 AM by devola »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2018, 02:32:01 PM »
I have to say, I'm surprised that there are some poses that you do gloss over on construction. The mere concept of skipping that step is mind-boggling to me due to how much I rely on constructions.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2018, 04:13:54 AM »
It's more an indication that I do one type of pose too much honestly, I would never recommend skipping the construction process though, I'm just personally really lazy sometimes haha.

Not much today, just a quick portrait sketch and a lewd on ecchiworld while I continue grinding away these images.
Spoiler

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2018, 12:23:06 AM »
 :tongue: haha srry for asking problematic questions haha thats rlly cool doing it step by step like that even though i didnt get the answer what ive expecting btw looking forward to ur into fire meen,good work as always keeping your work single everyday btw have u studied about the muscles of the upper limb muscles i suggest you study some of it  ;)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2018, 03:24:10 AM »
Oh it's not a problematic question, I guess I just didn't understand what you were asking. Do you mean how I start an image if I want to draw a cute girl character? If that's the case it usually starts with the pose, I'll either come up with one or find references for one. For the character's faces, I just use the old tricks of the trade. Small noses, large eyes, a little bit of blush and make up.

I guess that in general, it all comes from the idea. What kind of cuteness do I want to draw, what kind of emotions do I want to communicate? Are they a genki tom girl? Or are they shy and reserved? What kind of outfit would they wear? To be a bit more candid about it, what parts of this character can I fetishize in a small way? Is it their face, neck, arms, chest, abdomen etc etc... It all comes down to what YOU think is cute and how you want to represent it. As for studying upper limb muscles, I'll look into it.

Something a bit different this time, I've been doing a fanart piece that involves making my own OC Persona character. Heres a sketch of my Persona and some deets on the character

Spoiler

Persona: Mordred La Fey
Arcana: Tower
Lvl 1 Stats:
Strength - 3
Magic - 1
Endurance - 3
Agility - 2
Luck - 1

Resists: Curse, Fire
Weak: Electricity, Bless

Skills:
Lunge
Eiha
Agi
Secret of Pedigree (Clears all debuffs and ailments, raises Def)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 09, 2018, 05:23:45 AM »
Not much to add this time, experimenting with some digital painting next. Just a WIP so far!

WIP portfolio sketch
Spoiler

Trying out a new coloring style!:
Spoiler

Offline Wolf TheLegend

• Writer here to help write or looking for artist to
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 09, 2018, 01:13:38 PM »
Great sketches would like to see a story using your art style
Have you read my story yet, Savage Hunter?

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »
That’s a good Mordred. I like the bits of the Fate series’ design mixed with the Persona fixings. Only level 1, though? That’s a starting design?

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2018, 05:51:05 AM »
Thanks to both of you! Yeah the intention was to basically "Persona"-fy her, good that it came through. Yeah I was structuring it like how the party member's Persona's work in the series, a starting Persona that eventually turns into an ascended one when you max that S-link.

Not much to add today, did a quick pass sketch of Fortis' Crucible character here:
Spoiler

And a quick mockup of an ascended version of Mordredsona:
Spoiler

Dunno if I'm gonna stick with this because I basically turned her from a monster to a human and mixed and matched the Fate version of her armor with my own designs. Might go for something more inhuman.

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »
I havent checked your work this days hha studying a book btw the skeleton guy is standing with morale and i just noticed that the girl faces ur making is looking the same with ur other sketch of girls hha i just noticed  :tongue: good work meeeeeen