March 29, 2024, 12:46:36 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 96117 times)

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:50 AM »

maybe like this?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »
Spoiler

THIS........ TOOK ME A WHILE

Spoiler

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2017, 02:43:49 PM »
Daaaaaamn, Shane. Back at it again with the fanarts.
Although it startled me for a moment since I thought her left foot was on backwards because of the point of her shoe, lol.

@Gabe: yeah, I can see both poses looking quite natural. It might also mean a little more with her arm facing "up" like that, as it leaves the veins exposed as well.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2017, 01:02:16 AM »
FGKJHLDKJFGJDF!

That probably best sums up how I feel right now. I had a bad day at work but all of that went away the moment I logged on here.

Seriously though, thank you so much Shane, it really means a lot. This is probably the first time anyone has done any fan art of my characters and I really appreciate it. There is nothing more motivating to see than something like that. It was very kind of you do to this.  :clapping: This feeling was so powerful for me, I feel I should do the same for someone else on the forum. Maybe it'll kick them into action like it did for me too.

@Mahlua
Yeah I actually originally intended to use a color scheme close to the one you mentioned. Oddly enough, the palette was actually lifted from a Bob Ross episode and it worked quite well. Now that I have the colors actually set though, I'm thinking of reworking it a bit. These illustrations are kind of the introduction to the story and the characters. It's in media res, showing the characters at their lowest points but also the turning point in their adventure so a brighter more "hopeful" palette might work better. I'll experiment a bit more with color and I'll be back for suggestions, but thank you once again for the feedback!

@Gabryel
GABRYEL SHISHOU! That is a great pose for the arm. I was having a /lot/ of trouble dealing with the arm positioning but thank you so much for the suggestion. I will make adjustments and post up the different variations I have done up.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2017, 02:26:07 PM »
now that you mention it.....I NEVER GET FANART FROM ANYONE.....*SOB*

:sheep: i can see that you been working hard on you project....what the story about?

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2017, 06:53:14 PM »
I'm looking forward to doing some fanart for other people, so you can look forward to that Shane  ;D

As for my story, I will upload details about it once I'm closer to finishing a prototype, for now it's all just concept art. If you want to hear more about it though, you should join the Discord! I get a lot of feedback from people that are on it atm and it's a good place to bounce ideas in real time.

Sorry for the lack of an update for the past few days, work and life have been catching up. Here is a quick update on my WIP. I'll be back into the full swing of things now that I have more time off.

I applied the suggestions given, here is the adjusted pose!

Offline FlyingFoxArt

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2017, 01:48:10 AM »
This looks awesome! The only thing I can see that doesn't quite look right to me is the fabric that's attached to the waist, It looks a little stiff. But it's a pretty minor issue.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2017, 02:09:01 AM »
ABOUT TIME to work on background right!!

try to sketch it out man....i feel this is not gonan be easy though

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
Looks good! Argh backgrounds, shuddup Shane LOL I hate drawing backgrounds.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2017, 05:57:23 AM »
Yep, you are absolutely right Shane. It is not going well right now ._.

But I'm toughing it out! It's difficult but it's out of my comfort zone and I feel like I'm learning new techniques every minute. Hopefully I'll have something presentable in the next few days!

In the mean time, here is some concept art of enemy designs. I'll be uploading these whenever I get around to finishing them.

A Lancer from a land known as Ecclesia. Ecclesian knights are renowned for their ornate armor and their unshakeable faith in their God. Ecclesian Lancers are a terrifying presence on the battlefield, few have been able to pierce their defenses. With the corruption of the Ecclesian church, these warriors are now possessed by a maddening rage that drives them to purge any and all non believers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:03:07 AM by devola »

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2017, 09:05:16 AM »
Well done dude cool  char btw what app are u using on making those i would love to see what u made :)

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2017, 01:24:32 PM »
if this is a manga it gonna be so hard to draw those outfit every pages.....glad it was a game project

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2017, 10:38:37 PM »
@Killer B
Thanks man! I'm using Clip Art Studio to make these.

@Shane
Yeah tell me about it, the concept art itself is killing me. Though at least now I'm about 80% done the sketches so I have all my plans laid out. Now I just need to buckle down and get the final versions done.

Another update incoming! With this character done, all that remains are the last 2 male characters, then I'm done the main character!

Spoiler
This character's previous name was Hotaru and I completely reworked her! She didn't quite feel like she had the same impact the other characters had visually so I redesigned her to take on a more unique appearance and design. Her new name is QB. It does stand for something but right now it is a mystery... She is a mage from the far east. In her homeland, magic works a little differently. It is intrinsically tied to art, and so she must "draw" her spells with her giant calligraphy brush. The symbols on her belt are all made up and designed to look vaguely Chinese. Her form of combat is to wield her brush like a spear but she also draws symbols to summon ancient beasts.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2017, 10:44:24 PM »
Oh wow, that chinese look... You definitely nailed it. I love the linework and expression! Quite fitting for her abilities. Ineed to learn to draw like this haha. Props!

What do those characters on the sashes mean?

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2017, 10:52:01 PM »
Thanks Lego! The symbols on her sash are the symbols she uses to cast her spells. 3 characters together form a word and when she draws the complete word it does magical stuff. You can think of her belt like a dictionary she uses as a reference to remember all the words she needs to know.