September 24, 2017, 06:27:12 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 3361 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2017, 07:30:33 PM »
Ok, made some adjustments and I think I am pretty satisfied with this for now! Going to move on to coloring once I add the finishing touches and hopefully wrap up the first half of this project in the next few days.

As thanks for everyone that has helped so far, I'm going to make a little something to show my appreciation for all of you guys as well. I'll try my best to provide feedback and assist anyone I can the same way all of you have helped me! Once again, thank you everyone!

Spoiler

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2017, 05:54:00 PM »
O love it! Now I see that pain in her face, her body, it's beautiful!  :heart: :heart: :heart: Can't wait to see her finished :D
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 07:42:03 PM »
Thanks Gabryel! There were some extra errors I spotted so I'm just doing some minor corrections.

-Update-

Sorry for the lack of posts in the past few days, I'm trying to design a functioning UI and this is way harder than I imagined. Aside from that, life has a way of catching up and interfering when you least expect it... Nothing major but things may be updated slower than I intend to at least until after July 17th. I will still try to post more artwork as soon as I get it finished though!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2017, 11:22:24 PM »
Gahhh, life keeps getting in the way of art ._. I wish I could just draw all day instead of having to work. Ah well, first world problems  ::)

Anyway, now for some art. This is a redoing of Eve, one of the characters I had previously designed. I wasn't too happy with her concept and it never quite "clicked" while drawing her so I've redesigned her as a similar but different character.

Just a quick warning, I do use crosses in this character design sketch but the character is not strictly Christian and if this offends anyone, I apologize!

Spoiler
Introducing... Saint Estelle! Her concept is similar to her previous version. She was a mercenary that chose to pay the ultimate price to rekindle hope in humanity. Possessed by the seraph of snow, Sahariel; Estelle strives to right the wrongs of her past and find her redemption... or her punishment in this dying world. Will she find what she seeks before her soul is claimed or will she succumb to regret and fade with the rest of the world?

Now onto other matters. In a nutshell, now that I have more time to actually draw, I will continue uploading and seeking feedback from all of you! I just want to thank everyone again for being so supportive, it is really awesome how this place encourages people to express their creativity.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
It all looks nice, although perhaps if you gave her boots a more prominent heel it wouldn't look quite so much like she's standing on her tip-toes. It's not a bad pose as it is, though, since I'm fairly certain being on tip-toes and having your knees slightly bent is a martial arts pose...of some sort.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 12:14:26 AM »
Thanks Mahlua, good that you pointed that out because I completely missed it. I wasn't intending for her to stand on her heels or be wearing them but it definitely looks like it.

As an added bonus, here is a quick sketch of Sahariel, seraph of Frost!
This was inspired by Peter Mohrbacher's Angelarium works. The design is a little TOO similar at the moment to the Angelarium so I will probably be refining this. Sahariel is meant to be like Estelle's "stand" (a la Jojo's Bizzare Adventure).

Spoiler

The blue stuff is meant to be like water/ice pouring from him

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:16:18 AM by devola »

Offline brightglasses

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »
Love your drawings  :thumbsup: Your drawing style is like the Fate Night series and Studio Trigger.

Offline Lunalegends

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 01:25:22 AM »

I rarely ever actually finish most of my work to "completion", I tend to lose interest or focus rather rapidly and move on to something else.

I am like this too most of the time, I just want to get over with the drawing and move to the next one. XD Nice art btw.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 04:31:05 AM »
Wowow very good! Saint Estelle is in fact so good, there is no major issue I could point out. Your feet are much better on the new pics - to fix the issue Mahlua was pointing at, you could make them just slightly bigger now. They are about headsize, which is right with normal anatomy, but because you draw very long legs, you have to fit the size of the feet to the legsize so it doesn't look weird.

And yeeeeeah yeah I know I can never be just content and quiet XD One thing adjustable on the pose is, to make it look more well balanced, I would move the leg on the right a bit further. But this is very adfvanced mimimi.

But Sarahiel, so good! Feet and hands are very good, maybe the lower leg of the raised leg is a bit longer than the other. But the pose is very good, I'm looking forward to see it finished!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:34:31 AM by Gabryel »
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2017, 06:21:08 AM »
Ahhh, thank you for coming to my rescue once again Gabryel! I'm really happy that I'm making fewer mistakes  :D

I had already started on the finalized line work for Estelle but I will make adjustments to try and improve it. I did take the time however to refine Sahariel like I said I would, and I think it turned out much better!

So I tried something very different with Sahariel. I don't normally draw this kind of stuff so it was kind of a struggle. I wanted to make him appear divine but other wordly and almost alien like. I used Hindu gods as the inspiration, since I noticed their odd complexion and many arms made them feel divine. I'm trying out a few things with this sketch so I will adjust more once I understand my concept for him better. I hope he looks creepy though!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »
Definitely looks creepy. Reminds me of the Net Sphere Engineers from Blame! A sort of Divine version of those murderous cybernetic constructions. I love the flow and line work. Really great detail and every armour piece seems logical. Awesome Devola

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2017, 05:07:59 AM »
Thanks Lego, I haven't read Blame! before but I looked up what those things look like. I don't know anything about the series but just from the search images it looks really interesting.

Had a rather slow day today so I decided to doodle something for fun and practice. I wanted to draw my characters together in a line kind of like the ending to Carnival Phantasm. The image contains some character designs I have yet to release of the 8 main characters in my story, so I guess this is a sneak peek of what they currently look like. Of course, 2 characters are still missing. I've created a temporary abomination at the end of the picture as a place holder. I honestly don't know what it is or what I was thinking... but it's creepin on my characters for no real reason.

Spoiler

This is the ending to Carnival Phantasm for anyone that is curious what I was going for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqkXGHNzgbA

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »
Ooooh I like the two guys in the middle, good pose! left one is tilted a bit too much, which looks unbalanced, but the rest is very good :D

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:03 PM »
Thanks for the kind words once again Gabryel!

Now for a quick update~
Since I am finally done designing (and redesigning) the main characters a million times, I'll finally get around to introducing them properly along with the story of the game. I'll also be releasing the leitmotifs for each character once I get around to doing them (there is a lot on my plate at the moment).

There will be a full fledged illustration for each of the main 8 characters to introduce them and luckily, double as actual CG I will be using in the game. This is also one of my biggest artistic undertakings so I will appreciate any and all feedback!

Spoiler

Work in progress sketch of Estellise. The picture is titled "Will I be remembered?" I'm not too satisfied with her left arm's position at the moment so that may change, still trying to figure out the right background but I have a few ideas ready to try out

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »
Ooh, the facial expression really works for the title. As far as the background, I see a lot of reddish purples in my mind, like smoke in the distance after the battle is done. But, of course, that's just my perception based on this current sketch. Perhaps for you, a clear blue sky for contrast of the internal struggle better fits what you're trying to present.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.