July 15, 2019, 02:20:12 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 30073 times)

Offline Action Animation

• Towards the dream we share.
    • View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2019, 03:14:19 AM »
At Long Last You Have A DA!

really is exciting to be able to keep up with your work now haha^^

professional work as always ^^

are you looking for critiques?

if so Animation is a fan of your work too, I could pass the message^^
-Action

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2019, 07:01:00 PM »
Thanks haha, took me long enough didn't it?

My DA hasn't been updated with my recent stuff but I'm planning on fixing that as soon as I recover, I got a bit sick over the weekend and it's been lingering for a while. As for critiques, at the moment I'm not seeking them out but I'm welcome to any critique at all so feel free to pass it on if you'd like to, I'd appreciate it all the same!

Offline narutogod123

• Void Mage
  • My name is Desi! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2019, 10:40:18 PM »
You have very nice art, Keep up the good work!

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 05, 2019, 08:54:11 AM »
nice robotic bits :)
love how you show the muscles with just the minimalist of shading :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• King of Lurking Losers / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 05, 2019, 01:18:52 PM »
Man there is just no catching up with you now. You're in a league of your own. Hopefully when I get back into the whole art shebang we can talk on the Discord and I can get appropriate feedback. You're good at more than just art, y'know.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »
Damn is she kawaiiiiiiiiii as heck!! I love all the things that are happening with her outfit and cybernetic tail and all that. Such great flowy work. Awesome devola

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it!

@Mahlua
Heeyyyy welcome back! Trust me I'm not that far ahead haha, it just takes one good break through and you'll catch up in no time. And yeah, I'm always on Discord, even if it says I'm offline haha, so feel free to message me if you've got questions or anything really!

Just a small update, next character sketch is done which means the 5 ladies I've been designing are finished! Just gotta clean em up and make them presentable.

Silver Blade Ayn
Class: Rogue
Element: Ice

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 10, 2019, 10:13:02 AM »
looks lovely. great lighting and nice colour scheme.
the lower leg section seems very long and thin compared to the upper leg section though.
the wind effects are nicely done but they feel a bit jagged in places. especially as it is wind, I would expect it to be much smoother and flowy perhaps.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 11, 2019, 09:09:33 AM »
Yeah I definitely need to adjust some proportions on my next pass at the character! The wind effects are actually supposed to be like "ice energy", it's meant to look and feel like ice in motion which I know is physically impossible but anime amirite.

I'll have to do more research into how to make good and convincing particle effects, it's an entire thing of itself to try and do.

Anyway, the last female character in a set of 6 has been sketched out! Here's a sneak peek at whats coming up:

Mercenary Captain Rayne
Class: Ranger
Element: Fire

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 11, 2019, 04:18:06 PM »
cool weapons and belt accessories. you are basically where I want to be in character design XD \(>_<)/

set of 6? is that different to the 5 ladies you mentioned in the previous post?
and is the set for anything in particular?

for ice effects Avatar might be a good reference as ice is often used/created by the water benders and probably does achieve an ice in motion sort of feel. Plus the cartoony style makes it easier to copy the lighting and shading.

Offline OviumNoir

• Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2019, 09:52:00 AM »
Yeah I definitely need to adjust some proportions on my next pass at the character! The wind effects are actually supposed to be like "ice energy", it's meant to look and feel like ice in motion which I know is physically impossible but anime amirite.

I'll have to do more research into how to make good and convincing particle effects, it's an entire thing of itself to try and do.

Anyway, the last female character in a set of 6 has been sketched out! Here's a sneak peek at whats coming up:

Mercenary Captain Rayne
Class: Ranger
Element: Fire

I love coming back online to see yours, mahlua's, suupers, and a couple others pieceso f work
Nothing's changed love your style as usual, maybe the proportions aren't even that bad - provided it's your style and you know how to replicate intentionally, I say it works pretty well! I love the tall 'lanky' figures closer to 8/9 head proportions e.g. Kubo's Bleach design, pleasing to the eye and reminiscent of the old renaissance classical styles!

Love the piece good work as usual!
When you TALK, you are only repeating what you already know - but if you LISTEN, you may learn something new.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 24, 2019, 09:23:24 AM »
Thanks guys!

@Suuper
It was originally a set of 5 but I expanded it to a set of 6 basically because my ideas grew past the original limit haha. As for what it's for, nothing in particular, just stretching my design muscles. I may use the designs for projects later down the road but for now its just for practice.

@Ovium
Thanks! It means a lot that you like my work! As for the whole proportions thing, part of me has been pretty self conscious about my proportions in the past. Nowadays I try to keep it within 6 heads at a standard ratio, I don't measure it too much though and just sort of feel it out during construction. I think it's good that regardless of the weird proportions it still appears OK, I tend not to hear that I draw "noodle" girls anymore nowadays haha. I do want to eventually experiment more with proportions too though, drawing varied and dynamic characters is a strong skill to have.

Not much to update this time, just some quick sketches of an OC I made for an art collaboration as well some personal art challenges! The theme was monster girls.

Her name is Finley Myrin, and she's a Cambion, a half demon half human hybrid. She's supposed to have wings but was born with a defect that forced her parents to remove them. She's often looked down on by her own kind but fits in well with humans as a consequence.

Outfit:
Spoiler

Character moment:
Spoiler

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 24, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »
yeah I often find once I start down a certain style of experimentation I end up with a lot more sketches than I expected. But that's great as it means you're being extra creative :)

Lovely character and nice to see an everyday pose, they really give the person more character and they feel more real.
I need to get me a Macom :P

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2019, 07:50:08 AM »
Another cool design. I mean monster girl with horns and oversized jacket half on, c'mon now. The lines look cool on this one and her face is drawn quite well. Gun girl up above is super cool also, so much detail and still an appealing character. I don't want to keep saying the same things but it's hard not to when you keep making awesome stuff.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2019, 06:18:04 AM »
I appreciate it man, glad that the design looks good! And yeah, I did actually pay a lot of attention to her face. As part of this collaboration thing I'm doing, I wanted this character to contrast to the other artist's more sultry character so I tried to design her to be cuter than what I normally draw.

Jammin on the guitar, I wonder what she might be singing
Spoiler

Lunch!
Spoiler

Edit:
Friend said the lighting made no sense for the picture above so I tried to make it a bit more correct!
Spoiler
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:51:12 AM by devola »