August 16, 2018, 05:45:53 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 16224 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #345 on: July 18, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »
Hey thanks guys!

@Suuper
I like both but for different reasons, the super long stuff is a real slog to get through but I feel a greater sense of satisfaction and accomplishment with those pieces.

I like the sketches too, since they feel low commitment and I don't stress as hard over them. Sometimes they turn out even better than the long stuff because of that.

As for which one I like better, I'm not sure, I think I'll stick with my original statement and just say that I like both equally but for different reasons!

@lego
Yes, grays first then color!

A quick update aside from the game stuff I've been working on, I've been trying to paint big pieces as well. Here is a WIP of something that I've let sit for a long time now due to working on other stuff but I'll eventually get around to finishing this one!

Spoiler

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 18, 2018, 11:57:47 PM »
Did some more sketches today, figured I should draw more men once in a while.

Iskandar from Fate/Zero from memory:

Spoiler

After looking at a reference:

Spoiler

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2018, 12:23:51 PM »
The shading gives it a very good sense of depth. Well done!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2018, 03:53:11 PM »
aaaand thats why we use reference :P
although the first one was pretty good, better than my from-memory pieces :P
and as always I love the amount of form you can convey with a few brush strokes of shade and highlights!
Do you paint light and dark on a different layer, or just paint both on top of each other until it looks right?

As for which one I like better, I'm not sure, I think I'll stick with my original statement and just say that I like both equally but for different reasons!
thats ok it was a trick question Fair enough, I think I would probably answer the same way if asked about my long and short pieces :P

and cool cityscape I missed that just now. Ive always been scared of that much detail in a piece :P

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2018, 01:30:10 AM »
Thanks both of you!

@suuper
Oh man, speaking of details. I keep THINKING I have the willpower those crazy good environment artists have when it comes to rendering fully detailed cityscapes but it just takes so long that I'm worried I'll lose interest in what I'm working on and never finish it. I've been trying to lab out a decent mid point for this, somewhere where I can still get those details without working as hard and so far, no dice.

My latest work that I posted on DeviantArt as a part of an ongoing art challenge between myself and a few friends, the theme was draw something about summer. So I drew my OC from my game project, Lydie enjoying some bubble tea! This is a good example of where I TRIED to do a cityscape but the tedium just broke me so I blurred everything and called it a day haha.

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2018, 02:20:39 AM »
I've struggled with cityscapes, possibly for the same reason. I've always preferred quick sketches so a detailed city would take too long. but I'm starting to finally get the hang of longer drawings, so I might take a step into background at some point. Or just use sketchup to block it out lol. It's surprising, but I am actually very patient, but only when I think it is worth it, and my art hasn't been worth it yet haha

great themed piece. yeah I think the background could have had a little extra detail, even in the blur, as the blurry bit is quite indistinct I couldn't tell it was meant to be buildings I thought it was more like trees and stuff. maybe more vertical and horizontal lines will give it more of an artificial feel. You can always take the composite route and paste a photo of a city in and blur that, or use it as reference/trace it. I want to try that anyway for fun :P

I like the shading on the clothes and body, but in a few places it feels a bit patchy, or your style is just a bit looser for this piece. good perspective on seeing the bottom of the umbrella but the top of the railing  :P  I love the shorts because I can't draw shorts yet :)

the tedium just broke me so I blurred everything and called it a day haha.
That's gonna happen but as long as you keep pushing the boundary you'll get there!! Your work is always of a good quality, so if you've made it this far with characters, backgrounds will be a cinch :P

something that might help that I have just discovered being a noob artist myself, is to keep a bunch of WIPs and work on them when I feel like it, alongside my other stuff. So when tedium kicks in, stop and go onto something else. that way you are always giving stuff your best, and avoiding that tedium which can damage your work :P
You might already do this tho :P

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2018, 12:07:55 PM »
the values looks good men amazing i cant critique u with colors  :tongue: how r u men

are i u drawing bunch of sketches when ur at your house cause the consistency of your art havent changed still
as always it was good work men  :D keep drawing haha nc to see u again here

Offline OviumNoir

• Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
Thanks both of you!

@suuper
Oh man, speaking of details. I keep THINKING I have the willpower those crazy good environment artists have when it comes to rendering fully detailed cityscapes but it just takes so long that I'm worried I'll lose interest in what I'm working on and never finish it. I've been trying to lab out a decent mid point for this, somewhere where I can still get those details without working as hard and so far, no dice.

My latest work that I posted on DeviantArt as a part of an ongoing art challenge between myself and a few friends, the theme was draw something about summer. So I drew my OC from my game project, Lydie enjoying some bubble tea! This is a good example of where I TRIED to do a cityscape but the tedium just broke me so I blurred everything and called it a day haha.

Hahaha totally feel you on full backgrounds. Cute work here nicely done
When you TALK, you are only repeating what you already know - but if you LISTEN, you may learn something new.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 09, 2018, 03:53:33 AM »
Gorgeus coloring. The background seems blurry indeed. Making detailed background takes forever lol.

Facebook       Patreon