September 24, 2018, 05:32:11 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 18025 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »
The tension in the neck on what would I guess be the second keyframe or panel or whatever does a really good job conveying just how much power is going into that punch. I think someone talked about that somewhere a while back, how the neck tension does a lot for action poses. I've been seeing that work well with the kicks, and that one portion of it on that frame there really sells it. Excellent mastery of subtlety, bruh.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »
Much appreciated fam, I got most of my tech for action poses from just observing how Yusuke Murata draws wind ups. And of course, fighting games. Speaking of which, these action studies were done with a bit of an impromptu purpose! Here's my attempt at making some sprites! They are just sketches for now and I have no idea if I'm ever gonna do anything with these but this was very fun for me to make and a good exploration into animation for me.

Heavy Punch attack

Medium Kick attack

(edited: sped up recovery so the jank is less visible)

Combo, Medium Kick to Heavy Punch

These were all done without references except for the recovery frames of the kick attack where I used a Kickboxer's follow-through motion as the reference. I definitely could add more frames to the recovery of the kick attack but these take a loooong time to make and I'm tired now. I'm definitely gonna make more though!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:58:14 AM by devola »

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »
Whoa those animations are wicked, cool stuff! Dynamic! The last one looks especially good, all so rad!

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
those animations are awsome!!
it would fit well in an 2d fighting game :clapping: :clapping:

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »
Dude how many pages did u work each scene and did u did it traditional what program did u use to animate it awesome hha good work

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »
Thanks guys!

@KillerB
This was all done digitally using Clip Studio. The punch has 11 unique frames and is around 20 total frames of animation, the kick has 15 unique frames and is around 18 total frames of animation. The combination is about 28 frames of animation.

I've finally gotten a commission! Though it's from a friend... Here it is anyway!
Spoiler

a WIP for my crucible submission character! This is the character design I was using for the animations, I hadn't actually planned out here actual design elements yet...

setting values
Spoiler

close up of her face
Spoiler

So far, I don't have many details yet. Only thing I've figured out is her name, which is Azuki Tenjo.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2017, 09:37:37 PM »
Oh nice, it's your Crucible character  too! My poor boy is looking more and more like he's just going to get his fuzzy butt handed to him.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2017, 05:48:13 AM »
Oh man Devola those animations are freaking amazing! Love these fighting poses!! And you know what, if lewd art means good anatomy then I have the best excuse ever from now on. *Stars in eyes, blood on nose* Ecchiwarriors, Assemble!

I need to go draw stuff now.

Love the commission too. Too awesome work here man.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2017, 03:21:58 AM »
Go forth my lewd warrior, show me your POWER!

@Mahlua
Don't worry, she's really not as dangerous as she may appear!

This sketch is for Mahlua's crucible character! And my christmas gift to her!
Spoiler

Tiny update this time, just some small sketches while I REPAINT EVERYTHING because I suck at colors.

So my shishou mentioned that I do action just fine, lets try cute. I don't do cute... how hard could it be... This isn't cute ._.

Spoiler

Back to my comfort zone... Azuki, one day I'll do you justice, just not today

Spoiler

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2017, 06:57:57 AM »
You keep going above and beyond when it comes to contributing to the Crucible  :thumbsup: Well done my friend!

Oh, and I definitely think that second image has some cuteness to it, though maybe also with a hint of Yandere in that stare  :ninja:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »
Now that you mention the yandere, I see it too. I think it's from the blankness in the eyes. Other than that, though, if you mentally fill in for pupils, I think it looks pretty cute. I personally don't do cute very often though, so I wouldn't know for certain.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2017, 06:02:41 AM »
RIP yandere was not intended, I will get to fixing that... or maybe I shouldn't  ;)

Sorry for the inactivity, ran into some tablet troubles and sometimes it's just hard to know what to draw... still here are some WIPs coming up!

Made this to practice perspective, I like it enough that I think I'm gonna flesh out this design. The blue thing is gonna be a holographic keyboard, wanted to draw a witch rockin out on an organ.
Spoiler

Tried more perspective stuff, this time with a beautiful dude, though I low key think I draw these kinds of male characters too feminine sometimes. Also not happy with the way he's holding the broom so that's probably gonna change.
Spoiler

WIP holiday gift for another Discord member, this is of their OC. Trying out more painting stuff, as well as drawing kids/cute since I'm pretty bad at this
Spoiler

Some upcoming fanart. I absolutely love Mordred from Fate/Apocrypha, like not even as a waifu. I relate to her so much she feels more like my spirit animal than a waifu.
Spoiler

Offline shishi02

• Gods of Time
  • "Oh cake!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2017, 06:03:35 AM »
lies, all your arts are good TT_TT

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »
Maybe you should keep all your work Yandere devola  :ninja: Its could be your new trademark

That third image reminds me of Mei from Overwatch. But your art sketches is good anyways, even your spirit animal is pretty cool to look at  8)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 24, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »
Well I've never explicitly tried doing yandere before... I might actually give that a shot. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out OK!

So here is my final doodle before I have to tune out for a few days because Christmas, and family and all that. Didn't have a whole lot of time to draw what I wanted to but I'll pick it up from here when I get back! Anyway, happy holidays folks!

Just titled this one DragonSlayer, started out as a genderbent version of Mordred but ended up looking too much like Siegfried so I just winged it about halfway down...
Spoiler