June 22, 2018, 06:41:51 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 13637 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Beholder Of The Piirakka
    • View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2017, 08:01:01 AM »
and staying with me long after I had thought I moved on from their music.

Word. Chester's death hit me in a weird way also that no other celebrity death ever has, this time it wasn't some old icon from my parent's generation, it was someone from my own whom I had listened to in that pre-teen era. Really nice sketch here, a rad tribute to! I really like the idea of this one, and  it looks cool, good lines and action! Great stuff.

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »
for being so sketchy its really nice. you can really feel the expression on the characters.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2017, 06:30:55 AM »
Thanks guys, it was an emotional piece for me to do but it was a lot of fun as well.

@Manimal
I know what you mean man, hearing about all these celebrities passing away over the years has me almost a little desensitized to it all. I mean I knew a good chunk of them as well but it was nothing like what happened with Chester, seeing as I actually had the opportunity to meet him at least once. It made everything feel just a little bit more personal.

On a happier side note, it did get me kind of thinking about doing some drawings related to music. I've begun to explore that area a bit as I keep expanding my horizons and I can't wait to plan a more complete piece for a tribute to Linkin Park.

Before I sign off, just a quick little update:

As a part of my own personal art training (and absolutely no other reason  ;)) a lot of my more recent work has taken a turn for the "lewd", enough to the point where I think I would definitely be violating some forum rules posting them here. So for anyone interested in continuing to follow my work, please remember a lot of it going from this point forward will have nudity and sexual themes. You can find some of it on Ecchi world and I'll be throwing up a deviantart or something to host it soon!

For anyone curious as to why I made this (possibly) temporary change, it was mostly due to anatomy studies. I got kind of tired of sketching realistic models in relatively mundane poses so in order to test my understanding of bodies I took this challenge on. As food for thought, I think that as long as you are old enough this kind of a challenge can really test you and help improve areas where you are weak or lack understanding (trust me, if anything looks off the picture becomes profoundly unsexy).

That aside I have not abandoned my own projects and will continue to post more work here as I get around to them.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2017, 05:46:39 PM »
I also like the linking park sketch. Very good

On a happier side note, it did get me kind of thinking about doing some drawings related to music. I've begun to explore that area a bit as I keep expanding my horizons and I can't wait to plan a more complete piece for a tribute to Linkin Park.

I got the same idea. One of my ideas is to mix images with parts of music lyrics. Check these, those are from eminem's songs:

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2017, 06:39:59 AM »
For anyone curious as to why I made this (possibly) temporary change, it was mostly due to anatomy studies. I got kind of tired of sketching realistic models in relatively mundane poses so in order to test my understanding of bodies I took this challenge on. As food for thought, I think that as long as you are old enough this kind of a challenge can really test you and help improve areas where you are weak or lack understanding (trust me, if anything looks off the picture becomes profoundly unsexy).
Thats understandable, my work often leans that way when i am just doodling (my mum keeps asking me why my characters dont have any clothes on, and I'm like "I havnt finished yet muuuuum!"). But i'm not too keen on the ecchi style so i try to make my final works more modest than when i sketched them :P

I'm sure you will improve if you continue to focus on areas that you are weaker in. I found gymnastic poses to be a good source of non-normal poses to get an understanding of the body's flexibility limits.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2017, 05:15:59 AM »
Ahh I know what you mean. I get asked that all the time too, "why are they naked!?". It gets tiring having to explain it over and over again to people sometimes.

So I don't normally dump my doodles/sketches because generally I think they are awful and not really worth uploading but lately I've been experimenting quite a bit and I figured it would be fun for everyone to see my process/progress and check out some of my failures. I also needed a reason to update with some stuff as I haven't been active due to just diving into the deep end with drawing.

So without further ado, here is a sketch/doodle dump as well as a sneak pic at some of the WIPs I'm trying to finish! Please, enjoy!

Experimenting more with deep blacks and trying to draw a non human
Spoiler

This WAS going to be a halloween themed picture I drew of a vampire countess riding atop a horse with a ghostly lantern but the execution just wasn't there at the time, I might revisit this one at a later date
Spoiler

A girl and her guitar, I'm growing really fond of sketching this way
Spoiler

Another attempt at a non human
Spoiler

So this is really the only sketch of the NSFW works I've been uploading to ecchi world that I can show here, there's a lot more going on and I can't wait to get this one finished! The finished version will be uploaded to Ecchi World
Spoiler

Hugs!
Spoiler

Incoming!
Spoiler

Dudes!
Spoiler

Rapid fire doodles, I've been doing a lot of realism sketches lately and I forget that I should continue exploring the way I stylize things. I'm digging that pose on Chun Li though so I might actually turn that into some fan art. There's also a weird looking Mario, a Mordred and a Sol Badguy
Spoiler

Now for the 2 WIPs I have going at the moment that are SFW:

A Bloodborne-esque picture that will be my Halloween piece of choice!
Spoiler

A current WIP sketch of Deneb (the name of the pub in my story) and the main characters of my new series CASTLE that I've been working on. This will be a fully colored illustration once I finish it!
Spoiler

And that's it! Thanks for dropping by!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:19:39 AM by devola »

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2017, 06:07:00 AM »
For some reason, Halloween has me getting back into metal again... It looks like my EDM binge is passing over now, and boy did I miss the energy of metal music.

So here's ANOTHER WIP to celebrate my new metal phase! Thankfully this sort of thing is easy to make canon in my story, so please enjoy and look forward to the finished piece! If I ever get around to it that is...

Spoiler

Rock on fellas! \m/

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2017, 02:24:26 PM »
"why are they naked?"
i almost stopped sketching in public or in my lunch breaks for that reason. i ended up just drawing props rather than people lol

nice stuff. i really like seeing WIPs and sketches. good work with the non-humans. its harder to figure out how to draw stuff like that since they dont exists in real life as-is. you sort of have to copy and paste from different animals to get it right. looking good though.

good use of abundant styles, it keeps your work looking fresh and stops you falling into a rut. looking forward to seeing some finished work soon :P

Offline Branden

• Currently Readjusting
  • Dude what do people even put under "personal text"
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2017, 02:41:04 AM »
Dev, that's super gross. Like, at least you warned us about NSFW for the dress-lady drawing.
But the HUGGING?
You're sick.

I kid. Great as always to see your art again after over a month of being radio silent. Keep up the color experimentation! With the way you already draw, that really ought to add levels to it.
varynais

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2017, 06:18:30 AM »
I know right? This Devola guy, jeez what a degenerate...

Jokes aside, welcome back dude! Glad to see you're still around!
Right on time too! I finally finished something for once. Well, I'm not 100% happy with it but I'll settle for 90%, I've spent too much time as is on this piece.

Decided to try my hand at backgrounds and some fanart. Pretty proud of what I churned out but I can definitely make a lot of improvements. Either way it's good to get something done and this gives me a starting place to improve further.

I knew I wanted to do some Fate fanart but I wasn't sure what to draw at the time. Eventually I figured it'd be fun to depict Saber and Mordred in a "healthier" relationship and what better way than music right? *sigh* These 2 would have the CUTEST platonic relationship in the world if they didn't despise each other. Oh well, too little too late for them in the anime but that doesn't mean they can't secretly want to make up in my head canon!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2017, 08:18:52 PM »
So before I started working on my next colored piece I wanted to sketch out a quick character design. I was sort of winging it with this sketch but I really like how it turned out, might turn it into an actual character design!

Spoiler

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2017, 06:06:46 PM »
love the fate fanart!
and super dynamic pose on the last one. proportions are a bit off but its a quick sketch so no-ones complaining :P

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2017, 07:36:28 PM »
Thanks! Glad you like it! Yeah I got the same critique from a friend on Discord. I tend to make legs on a lot of my characters too long, I guess it's just how I sketch stuff.

Small update! I liked the sketch I did so much I did some more "designing" to try and flesh out my process. Conceptualized a mecha/armored monk type character. I had a lot of notes on the process and concept but basically this is how I design stuff.

Started with this:
Spoiler

Ended up with this:
Spoiler

And a little bonus! Applying the same design aesthetic to slightly different bodies.
Spoiler

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2017, 04:05:22 AM »
Weird accidental theme happened while I was doing these pictures, bitter rivals that reconciled ended up just happening. I guess I like these kinds of characters! Anyway, here's a picture of Ryuko and Satsuki from KLK, made it a summer season one since the last one I did was a wintery one!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2017, 06:36:01 AM »
Lots of big stuff coming up soon! I've got ~ 3 full scenes I'm working on as well as 2 full character reference sheets, planning on taking up commissions soon once I've refined my skills more. I think I still need a lot of practice before I'm ready to do paid work but at least I'm making progress!

In the mean time, have some WIPs pinups I've been chipping away at. I'm thinking of using these (once they are finished) as sample pieces for commissions.

This one is of a random OC I designed, its going to include a fully detailed background:
Spoiler

Things get a little lewd from here, let me know if this is too ecchi for the website and I'll remove these. I have censored things where necessary. I'll be posting uncensored versions on ecchiworld for the time being until I get my own art profile setup!
Spoiler
Spoiler

Too many grills so I drew Akuma, Street Fighter 5 version:
Spoiler

And a small sketch dump, I've been keeping more of these lately since I'm finding them to be a good way to just start a finished picture without having to think too hard about it:
Spoiler