November 23, 2017, 07:13:14 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 4841 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2017, 07:06:03 AM »
Thank you so much once again Gabyrel! I was definitely having a lot of trouble with the posture of that seated position ._. and yes, now that I take a look at my attempts at expression and animation it seems like the way I draw shoulders are too stiff. They definitely move a lot in expressive body language!

@Shane
Yep which is why my chosen illustration goals for illustration 2 this week are super easy lmao

So a small but very different update incoming, I'm really getting into the idea of animating stuff so I'm starting off with mouth movements. Alas, I couldn't think of a good way to present it so I will just have to leave a vimeo link here. 2B is my chosen subject for this from Nier Automata because I was doodling her for fun tonight.  :dance:

https://vimeo.com/232012588

Tried to make convincing mouth movements and avoid the usual mouth flap thing a lot anime tends to do. There were about 15 frames of unique mouth movements made for this tidbit. I should've animated more such as hair movements and head movements but for now I just wanted to try something simple. Definitely gonna be looking into this more, I might start trying to learn how to make animatics and mucking around more with After Effects! This little experiment took about 1 hour to do.

This is probably my first earnest attempt at animating anything 2D and even though it's half baked and more or less just an experiment, I quite like it!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »
For a first run, it looks pretty good for an experimental animation. It might have looked better if the head had stayed in position instead of twitching around all over the place. That's my only complaint, really.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2017, 04:02:38 PM »
You know, I keep nagging and correcting you, but with one thing you keep amazing me and that is how you keep engaging new challenges. I love the expressions, as rough as it is, it's more than a good start. You're gonna get somewhere, I 'm sure of it.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2017, 04:28:14 AM »
Thanks both of you!

@Mahlua
The bouncy head was because I didn't actually use a sprite sheet to make this, it was all on one canvas. This whole thing kind of happened on a whim haha.

@Gabyrel
I'm getting better BECAUSE of your nagging and correcting! You're like my art mom  :thumbsup:
And thank you! I'm just constantly grateful I always have more and more to learn because it always feels like I can improve when I take on new challenges, even if I fail or stumble.

Sweet segue into my next point. This is my submission for the illustration 2 of our first topic for the art marathon. I made one hell of a discovery during this. Because my first illustration was super draining I decided to something easy and straightforward for my second illustration. I stumbled upon some functions on Clip Art for coloring and shading that have completely changed my world. I think I've finally learned... color!?

I'm still very new to this and there are plenty of mistakes in this picture, but it's miles better than the flat shading/coloring I was doing before (and it leaves things for people to critique too muhahaha). I am so excited to experiment more with these new found discoveries in Clip Art Studios. Like I can't wait to go back and color my old pieces and start new ones. This has completely changed how I feel about shading and coloring!

Spoiler
I am super proud of that tree. That was some Bob Ross technology I employed with the water colors. I'm gonna call it the Happy Little Trees technique, I ran with Ross' movements and this is probably the first and most convincing tree I have EVER drawn.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2017, 02:01:27 AM »
Bob Ross tech. The best there is. Man your colouring is on point for days. That's a great image. It almost makes a cold heart feel the feels again.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2017, 01:41:44 AM »
Small update, just adding my workshop submissions to my gallery!

@Lego
Thanks man, still experimenting and learning but figuring new stuff out all the time.

Spoiler

-warning: minor blood/gore-
Spoiler

Offline YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »
Oh, those are very well made, I like how you use the shading on the first one~

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2017, 04:33:20 AM »
Thank you!

So it's been a while, been practicing with the art workshop. We've decided to put that to a halt for now, due to horrendous timing (we started just as school was starting for most people).

Anyway, applying new found skills to my old artwork! Here is a redone version of Laguna, stronger concept and better execution this time I think!

Spoiler

Her theme is no longer "swamp" witch, I redesigned her this time around the theme of rebellion. Witches were outcasts of society and I thought her design should reflect that. Her new outfit is the same outfit as the Mages academy in my story but she's gone and torn it up/defaced it.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2017, 09:48:31 PM »
Minor art dump, been distracted by Divinity 2 lately...

Experimenting more with color, still haven't quite figured it out yet but I think I'm getting closer
Spoiler

Made their poses a bit too similar by accident...
Spoiler

WIP for a conceptual RPG character class, male/female versions. I call them the Empress/Emperor.
Spoiler

WIP for a conceptual RPG character class, only female so far haven't planned out the male version yet. Most significant thing about this one is I've finally tried to draw an animal. I'm not sure if the proportions or anatomy of the wolf is at all correct but this was actually a lot of fun to do!
Spoiler

Gonna be slowly chipping away at these and getting them colored over the next few days!

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2017, 06:05:15 PM »
The armor on the emperor looks great

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2017, 08:16:24 PM »
Been away for a weeks but back from the dead now up until EO5 gets released! Here's a tiny teaser for my current project, and the exciting thing is... this time it's actually happening!

teaser image
Spoiler

some design sketches for the main character
Spoiler

Expect some exciting stuff soon!

Now on to some of the nitty gritty. Over the next few weeks I'll be looking for an assistant illustrator/animator, editor and some interested in doing some SEO for me. If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me for details. It will be paid work!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2017, 04:54:22 AM »
Whew levelling up again!

Got some help and decided I needed a bit more practice before moving forward. Despite that though, still chipping away at content. Here are some sketches i was practicing:

omg devola can draw things besides anime!?
Spoiler

a sketch of Chester Bennington
Spoiler

Related to the previous sketches, I was working on refining the design of my main character and I figured I should draw her in a sexier way. I kind of felt like I was making her really unsexy... this was my attempt to change that a bit. I'm thinking I'm gonna do something like this for all my characters in my upcoming project.

[WARNING THIS MAY BE CONSIDERED ECCHI, IF THIS GOES TOO FAR AND BREAKS FORUM RULES PLEASE LET ME KNOW, IT SHOULD BE SFW]
Spoiler

I took this as an opportunity to expand my horizons, the NSFW version can be found on Ecchi world! That's all for now, will update again soon.

Offline Ocky88

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »
I know you said you do not finish your work to completion because you loose interest and move on but for some reason.  Your drawings seem done to me in a minimalistic sort of way.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2017, 05:00:52 AM »
That's certainly one way to look at it!

Tiny update this time, something a bit more personal for a change, feel free to skip this if you aren't in the mood for something a little heavier than usual!

When Chester Bennington passed away a few months ago, it wasn't the first time someone I looked up to took their own life. At the time I was so wrapped up in stuff I was doing, I didn't really have a moment to let what had happened sink in. After watching the Carpool Karoake video released a couple hours ago where Chester, James and Mike drive around with Ken Jeong, it really began to hit me that an important part of my life left was gone. I wanted to take this moment to do a small tribute to Linkin Park and to Chester, for helping me through the roughest times of my life and staying with me long after I had thought I moved on from their music.

The reality is, I never stopped listening to Linkin Park and remembering all the times I had seen them live in concert really moved me to do something. It started with a sketch last night but I wanted to do something a little more personal to me.

So here is a quick little sketch of one of my OC's (really in this case, she IS me) and Chester scringing to some of the sickest music to have ever graced my life. Thanks for taking the time to read and check this out!
Spoiler

With that said, look forward to the next update! I've got some more fun stuff coming~
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:18:50 AM by devola »

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:19 AM »

Good luck devola!