September 19, 2017, 01:03:04 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Devola's Stuff  (Read 3284 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Devola's Stuff
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2017, 07:06:03 AM »
Thank you so much once again Gabyrel! I was definitely having a lot of trouble with the posture of that seated position ._. and yes, now that I take a look at my attempts at expression and animation it seems like the way I draw shoulders are too stiff. They definitely move a lot in expressive body language!

@Shane
Yep which is why my chosen illustration goals for illustration 2 this week are super easy lmao

So a small but very different update incoming, I'm really getting into the idea of animating stuff so I'm starting off with mouth movements. Alas, I couldn't think of a good way to present it so I will just have to leave a vimeo link here. 2B is my chosen subject for this from Nier Automata because I was doodling her for fun tonight.  :dance:

https://vimeo.com/232012588

Tried to make convincing mouth movements and avoid the usual mouth flap thing a lot anime tends to do. There were about 15 frames of unique mouth movements made for this tidbit. I should've animated more such as hair movements and head movements but for now I just wanted to try something simple. Definitely gonna be looking into this more, I might start trying to learn how to make animatics and mucking around more with After Effects! This little experiment took about 1 hour to do.

This is probably my first earnest attempt at animating anything 2D and even though it's half baked and more or less just an experiment, I quite like it!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »
For a first run, it looks pretty good for an experimental animation. It might have looked better if the head had stayed in position instead of twitching around all over the place. That's my only complaint, really.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2017, 04:02:38 PM »
You know, I keep nagging and correcting you, but with one thing you keep amazing me and that is how you keep engaging new challenges. I love the expressions, as rough as it is, it's more than a good start. You're gonna get somewhere, I 'm sure of it.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2017, 04:28:14 AM »
Thanks both of you!

@Mahlua
The bouncy head was because I didn't actually use a sprite sheet to make this, it was all on one canvas. This whole thing kind of happened on a whim haha.

@Gabyrel
I'm getting better BECAUSE of your nagging and correcting! You're like my art mom  :thumbsup:
And thank you! I'm just constantly grateful I always have more and more to learn because it always feels like I can improve when I take on new challenges, even if I fail or stumble.

Sweet segue into my next point. This is my submission for the illustration 2 of our first topic for the art marathon. I made one hell of a discovery during this. Because my first illustration was super draining I decided to something easy and straightforward for my second illustration. I stumbled upon some functions on Clip Art for coloring and shading that have completely changed my world. I think I've finally learned... color!?

I'm still very new to this and there are plenty of mistakes in this picture, but it's miles better than the flat shading/coloring I was doing before (and it leaves things for people to critique too muhahaha). I am so excited to experiment more with these new found discoveries in Clip Art Studios. Like I can't wait to go back and color my old pieces and start new ones. This has completely changed how I feel about shading and coloring!

Spoiler
I am super proud of that tree. That was some Bob Ross technology I employed with the water colors. I'm gonna call it the Happy Little Trees technique, I ran with Ross' movements and this is probably the first and most convincing tree I have EVER drawn.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2017, 02:01:27 AM »
Bob Ross tech. The best there is. Man your colouring is on point for days. That's a great image. It almost makes a cold heart feel the feels again.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2017, 01:41:44 AM »
Small update, just adding my workshop submissions to my gallery!

@Lego
Thanks man, still experimenting and learning but figuring new stuff out all the time.

Spoiler

-warning: minor blood/gore-
Spoiler

Online YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Wonho is my Oppa~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »
Oh, those are very well made, I like how you use the shading on the first one~

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2017, 04:33:20 AM »
Thank you!

So it's been a while, been practicing with the art workshop. We've decided to put that to a halt for now, due to horrendous timing (we started just as school was starting for most people).

Anyway, applying new found skills to my old artwork! Here is a redone version of Laguna, stronger concept and better execution this time I think!

Spoiler

Her theme is no longer "swamp" witch, I redesigned her this time around the theme of rebellion. Witches were outcasts of society and I thought her design should reflect that. Her new outfit is the same outfit as the Mages academy in my story but she's gone and torn it up/defaced it.