December 07, 2019, 12:54:10 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Opinions on writing format?  (Read 581 times)

Offline ItzAstral

• ASTRAL Author
    • View Profile
Opinions on writing format?
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:05:48 PM »
When writing do you guys find it best for your artist writing in novel format, or script format? I've had varied opinions on this and I'm curious as to which you guys use. I find it easier to write in script just because I find it's easier to convey a characters exact emotions and actions, whereas writing like a novel I feel it makes this a lot more difficult because you have to keep switching the point of view.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on writing format?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 11:20:04 PM »
It all depends on what you're going for. Personally I write in novel format because I don't write with the intention of making my work into an actual manga. But when dealing with that situation, script will usually serve you best.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on writing format?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 01:32:13 AM »
I prefer scripts. I'm biased because I write screenplays. However, I find it odd that people put out shooting scripts for people to read. That means that the script is already divided up into scenes (panels) as if they were being filmed (illustrated for our purpose) which makes the flow hard to evaluate. I looked into it and that is what a comic/manga script looks like. I get that but the same thing is done in movies. However, people don't read shooting scripts. That's only when it's time to start production.