April 18, 2024, 11:27:43 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: What would be the biggest mistake you did as a kid?  (Read 2495 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
What would be the biggest mistake you did as a kid?
« on: May 25, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
Like the thread title suggest, feel free to unveil those mistake, funny, regrets and trolling thing you want to tell us about.

Since I am opening this?

One mistake I remember doing as a kid was trying to surprise my parents by cleaning the house, I was about 6 years old and I started by the kitchen. Unknowingly searching for the cleaning products, my innocent hands grabbed unto, I must say, a product which would never clean any houses... That very product was vegetable oil, I began sweeping the floor and was quite proud that the kitchen floor was "shinning".

When my parents finally went to the kitchen, I can still remember how my mom yelled, hahaha~, at least no catastrophe occured.°?°

Thank you for reading one funny mistake I did as a child.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: What would be the biggest mistake you did as a kid?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 02:44:38 PM »
I have so many things I did when I was a kid that I regret because they are so embarrassing. From losing things I borrowed from my parents at school to not understanding clothes size when I was ordering a uniform for my orchestra class. But the thing that keeps me up at night is when I took $100 from my dads wallet to donate for a school event. I was like 7. I had no concept of money. Teacher called my parents to confirm. I looked like a jack**s.

A close second was when I was 10, I was ordered to destroy humanity in order to colonize the Earth for my species. I failed to fulfill my duty and was eximmunicated on this planet. Or so I remember. But I've been known to lie for no reason  :tongue:

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 02:53:46 PM »
its rather funny it has to do with medication and stuff.

around the age of 6 i started using medication (dont know how to politely say it)

when i took my meds my hyperactivity would disepear completly. same today....

this sounds great and all. my grades where great! my social skills not. you could compare myself with an harem protagonist. everyone like's him but he is too dense to realize. thanks to this i had my first girlfriend around the age of 15.... :D the only one i ever had haha... 

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »
Mine would be when I stick two of my fingers in a handheld blender, believing that I was strong enough to hold the blade back when I turn it on.

No fingers were lost (thankfully).

Offline EalingLa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »
These are fantastic.

When I was about 15, I was in a bad mood, sulking with my feed up on our glass-topped coffee table - mum comes in and asks me to do something completely reasonably; I huff angrily and, in defiance, slam my feet down, still with my school high heels on,  momentarily forgetting the glass...the whole thing shatters and theres a split second of mutual shock between me and mum - The atmosphere in the room instantly changes as my mum swells with rage and i scramble to apologize and also get out of her arms length...

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »
I managed to split one of my fingernails in half once. I still kinda shudder thinking about it as it was painful and unsightly as it split all the way on the visible part D:

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 05:24:53 PM »
One time I was doing homework with my brother at the kitchen table. We were talking and he was making me laugh. I was moving my head up and down and hit my mouth on the table hard. I had to get stitches. I think this was in 2nd or 3rd grade maybe...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 12:29:41 AM »
A bit of a story to this one. I was in about fourth grade and I was on the playground. There was some sort of sliding monkey bar contraption that I still don't know the name of, but it was my favorite thing at the time and usually no one ever used it but me. Then suddenly all these kids started crowding around it and I, being a stubborn brat, held on and kept swinging from side to side and using my feet to push the upper railing so I would always be out of arm's reach. I eventually slipped off and a kid jumped on. I started to get up from the ground but I was off balance, so I swung my hands forward, y'know, to counterbalance. It was a total freak accident but I wound up hitting the guy right in the d--k. He fell off and started wailing. I apologized profusely, but then heard my teacher blow the whistle and signaled for our class to leave, so not knowing what to do, I left and joined the line. I tried to shake it off, but then some c--t in a striped shirt came up and matter-of-factly strutted up to my teacher and pointed at me and said "that girl hit a boy in his private parts." The teacher whirled around to me and like, venomously hissed, "I. Hate it."

Then there as this weird panel thing where it was me, two teachers, like four witnesses, and I don't think the guy I hit was present. I did my best to explain the story but of course b---h-in-the-striped shirt had to be one of the witnesses. She insisted that I did it on purpose. One of the other kids, after listening to me, said it sounded like it wasn't my fault, and the other two didn't care and said it looked half and half. I found out at about that time that the kid I hit recently had a surgery around that area. I got wrote up and was terrified going home, but then realized that they hadn't called my parents when I started telling my dad in the car trying to explain. It was weird.

Second, third, and fourth are also mentionable, even though they go into high school. I'll quickly go through them. I got called to the office one day for frustratedly muttering to myself in the hallway that I could understand why some kids go off the wall and shoot up their schools is like the fourth. The third is that around the time where for some reason school shootings became a huge issue, I got kinda freaked out one morning that it might happen at my middle school that day, so to make myself feel better and to protect myself, I slipped a simple little pocket knife in my pocket. We did a play that day or something so we changed clothes in the bathroom and it fell out and two girls saw and absolutely flipped the f--k out. The vice principal spoke with me and I tried to explain that I was just using it yesterday outside for something and I happened to wear the same pants again that day not thinking about it. I called my mom to tell her what went on and she quickly agreed to my story. She added that we were working in the garden and all went well there. It got brushed over really easily, thank the gods.

Now, the second wasn't even on my part, but on the part of the vice principal of my high school. So, I really had a thing for the one goth chick in our school (may she rest in peace), and I really couldn't focus in class due to some "things" going on in my head. I didn't have my journal with me that day, so I wrote an entry on a loose piece of paper. I thought I put it securely in my binder, but the next day, I was called to the office and come to find out, it had slipped out of my binder and someone found it and turned it in to the office, concerned or something. Anyway I walk in like "all right what have I even done this time jfc" and the vp just turns around a piece of paper and I go either sheet white or tomato red. We talk about it and she proceeds to point out "this part sounds really obsessive," and "this is kinda stalker-ish", and "are you trying to get back at the guy she's dating right now?" As if that whole shebang weren't awkward enough, it gets worse. I get up, thing are smoothed over, I tell her to just throw the damned thing away, and I start to leave. She pauses for a moment and goes. "Well, it was very well written." I can't explain why, but I felt pretty violated at that moment. In any case,  I muttered a "thanks?" and got the hell outta there.

As an honorable mention: there was also the time my entire group of friends and I got called to the office separately because we had this thing where we would grope each other's breasts and not sexualize it or think anything of it. It was our inside joke or something, and it made the homophobes so uncomfortable that there were complaints. Insert dramatic eyeroll here. We were all consenting (as best as high schoolers do, I suppose) and no one was being hurt by it except onlookers. The key thing here is that it wasn't a sexualized act to us. It was just "whoop hey friend". Ironically, the only black girl in our group was the one suspended. Same VP as mentioned before always claimed she wasn't racist, but much shade was cast on that day on the credibility of that statement.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline alpha Boss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 09:46:35 PM »
Ok here goes i was about 8 and it was a friday back in the 90s one could get a good used game or 10 bucks anyway my mom would give us 20 bucks each friday but the week before me and my cousin broke the car window so no money for me.  My mom had a bottle of long island ice tea not knowing that it was a adult beverage i downed the whole bottle being greedy before the vomit fest started i went in the woods to climb a highest tree when i heard where is it it was in the back seat and where is shaud thats when the branch broke i hit every branch in my path before the thud and complete blackness i wasnt hurt beside scratches and a massive hangover and burned throat from the vomit.  I regret it not because of the tree or the yelling at but now i cant drink any tea without remembering the whole ordeal and blush in embarrassment.  I laugh about so does my family every time they get together they bring bottles and on holidays when everyone leaves their are about 8 bottles left and since i dont drink they seat there laughing at 8 year old me the drunken monkey fall from a tree by by the way  if anyone need any long island ice tea their are like 15 bottles still in the shed its yours this monkey cant stand being mocked any further plus taking up space

Offline Kiwiavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
When i was in school in the 90's there was a massive craze on Football stickers.

Being young and a bit stupid My Younger Brother, Cousin and i decided we needed more but our pocket money didn't cover the costs. We went into our local corner shop (that also did pick-a-mix) and i started distracting the owner with lots of various questions whilst my cousin and brother shoplifted football stickers! we got found out by my mum who marched us to the local police station (after giving us a severe ear bashing and slipper to backsides) and made us apologize to the shop keeper. I had also stolen football stickers from my friends in the past and got caught but denied all knowledge of it!!

the funniest thing was when i was about 6 years old. My mum was painting her bedroom and was down to glossing the woodwork, she locked the room and was busy doing stuff downstairs. My Younger Brother, Cousin and I did a "Rugrats" style climb (think hands and knees on each others backs in a pyramid) and unlocked the room. We thought we'd help so started painting, with that my Sister (who was about 18 months at the time) walked in. We proceeded to tip the remaining paint over her head (i think it was a 5 ltr tin)

My poor mum saw my sister at the top of the stairs, white with gloss and didn't know whether to laugh or cry (she found it hilarious but told us off massively at the time)

I've many many instances where my social awkwardness has been a massive factor (i cannot small talk to save my life, i also developed obsessive behaviors early in my life due to constant bullying and house moves so i tend to form attachments quicker than most which people find weird and creepy)