November 17, 2017, 04:04:05 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mistakes Pro Mangaka Make  (Read 376 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Mistakes Pro Mangaka Make
« on: May 20, 2017, 04:34:30 AM »
I hold this "feeling" (not opinion) that if the manga is successful, whatever the mangaka illustrates will be put on a pedestal. How about we see some art critics here who point out some pro manga artists that actually suck. Akira Toriyama I think said his style sucked but it was the best he could do to tell his story.

Some topics to include could be How a mangaka isn't good at paneling. Or their Limited use of perspective or backgrounds (I heard Kubo's name once or twice). Or other things that irk you, but please provide examples and how to fix. I think some people think AOT looks amateurish

It's time to take down the elites  >:(

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Mistakes Pro Mangaka Make
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:08:39 AM »
Hm before diving into this I've got two questions

1 - Is the standard for good art photorealism?
2 - Is critique useful without the recipient of the critique being able to hear it and respond to it?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 09:16:38 AM »
@legomaestro
1. it depends on the critic, i guess. Since Manga is such a huge spectrum, i think it will be fun to see how critics judge your typical manga and those mangaka who do photorealism.
2. Since art is subjective, i don't think a response will be needed from the mangaka. How would Kubo defend his art? Don't attack members' manga. Only the top mangaka that are famous. We don't need wars here.

This can be seen as a HATER rant, but you have to back up why the mangaka sucks. This is for artists. If you think the story sucks, this is not for you. Only the illustrations should be discussed.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
Sounds good, sounds good.

Geh I'll just critique my favourite artists I guess? And I say critique but it's really just a statement: Kubo! Your art lost that nice sharpness in the beginning chapters. I understand the time constraints, and that happened to Naruto in a way too, but what little adultness that his more detailed imagery had was really decreased by the thicker lines and greater use of white space - I have to admit though he got better at showing stuff like energy blasts and the flow of epic costumes.

I look at Naruto and I barely find an issue with it to be honest. I mean Kishimoto sensei does such a good job of understanding characters in space and showing minituare gestures that I never really needed the anime to enjoy Naruto.  Still haven't watched it, in fact.

Can I just add that panel economy is a pet peeve of mine when it comes to pro mangaka? Kubo should've used the advantage of lesser backgrounds to at least add more panels... But I dunno if that's a story critique or art critique haha...

Offline Nikocruzdion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 01:17:42 AM »
Errors in this we will bring back to benefit.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 01:29:37 AM »
Must be big mangaka or any?

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:41:45 AM »
Everyone can make mistake BUT not these motherF

From Shamanking.Yo power that delete everything,even the paper.pure white 2 page
Spoiler

NEXT ONE ,He get too lazy to the point that reader think he F with them with this kind of drawing.there even picture that look like artist just middle finger to reader LMAO. that not enough.after that he keep went hiatus for a years.
Spoiler

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 05:29:49 AM »
Must be big mangaka or any?

They have to be big enough to have a fan base. Like kishimoto or Tite Kubo.