December 12, 2017, 10:32:29 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Daily Lives of Tans  (Read 1242 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: The Daily Lives of Tans
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »
My breath will be held. You'd better not be the death of me.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »
Aaaaaannnnnnndddd.....breath.

I kinda went all in with the music this time. But here's the end. Once again thanks to everyone who participated in the contest and made this story a reality! (And extra thanks for spending all that time waiting for the last couple chapters)

Let me know what you think!

SUNDAY
SUNDAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAu4TajHYLk

Sunday morning was peaceful. Birds chirped in the trees. Raiders drank their coffee down at the

Pub. Artists sharpened their pencils for the day. Writers organized their notes. Late risers

crawled out of bed, stretching their backs and rubbing their eyes. Some members exercised,

others stared on in contempt as they donned their post Saturday night sunglasses. In MR Tower

an Administrator silently reviewed complaints. One of the Moderators busied himself with some

light patrol work, another checked in on a simulation, started the night before. Truly, the city had

reached a pinnacle of serene morning moods.

Cue explosions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oaIcChc4tI

“The first occurred as the Church of Haruhi followers were having their weekly bout with

the Church of Madoka. A nearby building ruptured down its centerline, sending bricks and steel

out in an ever-widening bubble of chaos and construction materials. Witnesses reported seeing

no fire or smoke. They found this concerning, but not as concerning as when the explosion

stopped mid-air, and froze at a single point in time. One intrepid individual, who will not be

named in this report, ventured in upon a dare. Authorities have not yet confirmed whether this

was a dumb idea, or a super dumb idea.

“Subsequent blasts took place within a quarter hour in the Writers and Artists Districts.

Two studios and an office building were reduced to similar states. The owners of the studios

have not yet been reached, be we were assured by one passerby that they would be ‘Like, totally

mad bro.’ At 11:02 this morning another building was reported to have burst along the inner

border of the Fashion District. No clear pattern has been recognized as of yet, but there is now a

general trend towards the downtown area by the Time Explosions. Tixplosions? Explotimes?

Whatever. Please stay tuned here at MR Community Radio for more information as this story

develops. This is your host, Coryn-bot 3.0, time for the weather.”

MR-tan slammed the off-button on the radio just as some weird rap-metal started playing

over her speakers. Her bus was speeding along the roads with wild abandon. She had taken

Corycaly and Hasith out to the Fashion District when it had been the most recent event, but now

that the explosions were turning back towards the city center, they were rushing after them with

all haste. That didn’t excuse the fact that Corycaly was practically dislocating MR’s shoulder

with how tight she was gripping it, but MR-tan decided to let it slide given the situation. “I just

don’t get it.” Cried Corycaly, “I thought we took care of the time shenanigans yesterday!”.

Hasith attempted to soothe her. “Well, we took care of some of the time shenanigans. I

think these are different time shenanigans.” He shrugged as Corycaly gave him a death glare.

“Hold on!” MR-tan yelled while sharply rounding a corner. The two administrators stood

firm, and were about to go into another argument when they were interrupted by a pair of loud

thuds slamming into the roof above them. All three in the bus looked up to see a pair of distinctly

human shaped dents in the roof. There was a scuttling sound, and a pair of faces appeared of the

top of the windshield. One face was dark, a puffy afro protruding below it. The other was fair,

with pink ponytails swaying with the wind. “Let us in!” Yelled Miss Churro, as she and Lego

began to make their way to the door.

“Glad you caught up with us!” Said Hasith as he helped pull the two in. “Have you seen

the others?”

Churro replied as she straightened out her wind-blown clothes. “We ran into Coryn and

Writer-tan on the way here. They’re attempting to get ahead of the explosions. Coryn had them

all marked on a map. We think they’re heading towards the park on 18th Street.”

MR-tan punched it.

Upon arriving at the park, Writer-tan and Coryn updated their map. The explosions were

growing closer together, coming quicker, and making a bee line right for their location. Together

they made quick work of issuing evacuation orders and preparing an attempt to isolate the

disturbance. Coryn was busy calibrating a scanning device when a flash of red hair distracted

him. “Pub-tan? What are you doing all the way out here?”

Pub was nonchalantly roaming the park, peering out in the direction that the explosions

were now audibly approaching from. “Everyone ran out of the Pub in panic, so I closed down to

come have a look. I usually take these disasters to have a little off-time.”

“Let her be Coryn.” Chimed in Writer-tan. “She’s a Tan, which means she’s at least twice

as durable as you are. She’ll be fine.”

The Mod opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off when an overly sugary

voice cut in from above their heads. “She’s right Coryn. You’ll die long before she will. But

don’t worry. If you get hurt, I’ll take-care-of-you!”

The three peered up to see the Ecchi twins slowly descending from on high. Lewd-tan

was in the lead, softly cooing at each of them in turn. “Are we late? Heard there was a big shake

up, and we didn’t want to miss the party.”

Pub-tan was staring daggers at her. “You two! This isn’t one of your games, is it?”

The pair landed. Lewd-tan started to say something, but Ecchi-tan rushed out front to

diffuse the situation. “Nope! Definitely not us this time Sis! We were just coming over to visit

and noticed there was something going on!”

“You’re mouth says one thing, but you sure look like you know what’s going on.”

Writer-tan butted in. “Argue about it later. It’s nearly here.” And indeed, it was. The time

stopping explosions were now visible over the tops of the nearest buildings. They were coming

quickly now, quick enough that the party didn’t have time to react, or even realize that the bus

had arrived, and that MR-tan, Miss Churro, Lego, Corycaly, and Hasith were all running across

the grass towards them. And so, the moment came.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3aSWJq8S6s&index=5&list=PLhFw0ftuwhqutXgKGvXLpik1JI4-E29UY

And the moment stretched out.

The blast came from a central point in the park. It took those in the inside first, and those

on the outside last, but it never mattered either way. Trees burst to splinters, grass found itself

free from the ground. Organs compressed in the owner’s bodies even as they were taken into the

air and dispersed to the winds. But it all came to a halt. Leaves of grass stopped swaying,

Moderators and Administrators stopped yelling. Total silence and stillness took the world.

That was, until MR-tan started to move.

At first, she was blindsided, unable to process the reality of stopped time, but as the not-

seconds passed, her mind gradually caught up to the idea. From there, it was a straight forward

process. First, she let her body regain its feeling, and from there she considered moving her

fingers and toes, from there they moved. MR-tan had no way of telling how much time passed,

but in short order she was once again in control. Yet, she remained in the air. Gravity didn’t

accompany her new awareness, so while she moved, she drifted aimlessly in the time-locked

space.

Slowly drifting, she watched as her sisters progressed through the same process she had.

Soon enough, she felt, all five tans floated aimlessly around each other, none of them sure of

what to do. MR looked across at the humans who had also been trapped. Neither the Moderators

or Administrators had regained control, and remained as frozen as ever. More worrisome

however, was the surroundings. At first the Tan couldn’t be sure, but now she was positive. The

outside world was melting away, transmogrifying into a milky swirl of color and blackness. It

was like staring into a nebula out in space. Even the ground was fading away. With it went the

grass, the trees, eventually even the debris in the air and the humans. Now, only the Tans

remained.

MR-tan yelled out, but her voice didn’t carry. The thought that they might be trapped in

this state for a long time began to sink in. A part of her wanted to cry, another part wanted to

break something. For being a creature born from what amounted to an infinite string of ones and

zeroes, she dealt with a surprising number of human emotions. MR had never begrudged this

fact, but at times she believed life would be infinitely easier without them. She thought to

herself. “I am not letting it end like this. I am going to make it out of here. I will see my friends

again, my family!”

“Geez Sis, don’t get too mushy on me here.” Lewd-tan’s attention shot up towards MR-

tan the same time that MR’s shot down at her. Both had realized the strangeness of hearing each

other’s voice in their heads at the same time. The others quickly connected as well, and soon a

full network of communication had formed between them.

“So…do you think we can get out of here?” Thought Ecchi. “What happened to everyone

else? Do you think they’re still in the city?”

“I’m not sure that we aren’t.” Replied Writer. “This could all be some sort of illusion.”

“I don’t think so Writer. This definitely feels real to me.”

“Well, as long as we’re all here, why don’t we have a little fun. I spy with my little eyes….something yellow.”

“Writer’s hair.”
Came the reply in unison.

“We can all hear what you’re thinking Lewd.”

“Oh, right. Well at least we can have some good family bonding time.”

“Yeah, right.”
The group turned towards Pub. She had been exceptionally quiet during

this ordeal. Her vision was still trained on Lewd. The two had shared an animosity for years, and

everyone present could now detect that things were about to come to a head.

Now, it’s not as if either of them thought that thought specifically. There was no

acknowledgment of it. There was just one moment when they were going to let it slide, and one

moment when they weren’t. Connecting minds together had that affect. It was like feeling a

storm coming in before you could see it. Once you pulled on the little threads, it wasn’t long

before you found yourself tangled up in each other’s minds. Each detected this from the other,

and tried in vain to hide away their thoughts.

So, Pub and Lewd could no longer hide their thoughts from one another. Lewd

summoned her whip and entangled Pub. With a sharp tug, both were sent hurtling towards the

other. They grappled when they came together. Pub had Lewd by the shirt collar, Lewd had Pub

by the vest. Each wanted away from the other, but couldn’t bring themselves to let go. They

screamed through their silent mouths, their words came through clearly for all to hear. “You’ve

been insufferable since we were little! You never considered my feelings or anyone’s!”

“Don’t you dare say that! I have always looked after Ecchi! After all of you! You’ve

always been so snooty with that little bar of yours! Pub-tan the reliable bartender! Pub-tan the

good-natured enabler! You just sit back and let the world pass you by!”

“I have only ever followed my nature! Look at me! I am not made to attack the world like

you are! All I can do is support them from behind! They come to me, I don’t go to them! You

wouldn’t understand being powerless! You’re the big hero and it’s always about you! Look at me

I’m so strong! Look at me I’m so sexy! Do you ever stop for a moment and consider that maybe

the act is getting old?!”

“Maybe you need to get over yourself! Maybe it’s just in my nature to act this way! Have

you ever considered that? Stop acting like such a damn prude and do something about

your own situation for a change!”

“I don’t have the power to do that!”

“That’s because you’re weak!”

Pub slapped her sister across the face. “It’s because you killed me!” All thoughts fell

silent. The quiet grew palpable. The impact had dislodged the two, and each floated slowly away

from each other. Lewd’s face betrayed only shock, Pub was showing utter sadness. Tears gently

rolled from her eyes. “You were always by big-little sisters…I admired you…loved you. But

then you tore me apart, and for what? I was a child, we both were. Why can’t you just accept

that?”

“I didn’t…you were always in the way! You were constantly in the way, constantly asking

for this or doing that! Just a damn little kid!”
Lewd opened her mouth, closed it. Waves of thoughts flew through

her being. A cold, firm understanding shook her body. “Just a… damn little kid….” Her eyes grew wet, and finally,

after eight long years, she allowed herself to cry for what she had done. It was not beautiful

crying, this is not a romanticized version of the truth. Remorse racked her body. Emotional

torment she had carried with her since that day spilled out into the void, hitting each of her

sisters in turn.

Perhaps it was divine meddling, perhaps it was gravity finally taking hold, but through

her struggles, Lewd had found herself once again drawn in with Pub. This time however, Pub

took her sister in her arms, and at long last, they embraced in reconciliation.

The other three sisters breathed sighs of relief. Each was about to offer their own kind

words of agreement, when they were cut short by a sixth voice. “I’M SO PROUD OF YOU

TWO.”

It was a startling development. This voice was not in their heads. This voice was real, and

it had come from the very surroundings in which they found themselves in. Everyone’s

expressions betrayed their surprise, but it was met with a light-hearted giggle. “OH, YOU

GUYS. I’M SORRY IF I SCARED YOU. I…I THINK I JUST REALIZED IT AS WELL. I

DIDN’T EXPECT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.” It was the voice of a young girl, and one who

didn’t seem to be taking what looked like a very serious situation, very seriously at all.

“Who are you?” MR had instinctively spoken the words aloud, and was very surprised

when she realized that they had carried like normal. The physics of the space were beginning to

change.

“OH, RIGHT, SORRY!” Said the voice.

Writer shook her head. “Should the all-seeing voice in the sky really be apologizing to us mere mortals?”

“OH, WELL, I’M NOT REALLY ALL SEEING YOU KNOW? THOUGH I HAVE

SEEN A LOT THESE LAST EIGHT YEARS.”

“Eight…years?” Replied Pub. “Wait…you can’t be?!”

“HEEHEE! THAT’S RIGHT! IT’S ME, ARTIST-TAN!” A momentary shock took hold

of the room, quickly broken by Ecchi’s exclamations.

“Artist! It’s really you?! My little-big sister is back?!” She was beaming, and the voice

matched her enthusiasm.

“MHM! HEY THERE ECCHI. LONG TIME NO TALK.”

It was now Lewd’s turn to react. “But…how?! What’s going on?! Isn’t Pub actually

Artist…or….you?! Tell me now space voice!”

“HAHAHA! OH LEWD, IT’S NOT THAT COMPLICATED. YOU SEE, I WAS

BORN, PUB WAS ALSO BORN WITH ME. IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN, BUT WE

WERE A SINGLE TAN BORN OF TWO SOULS.”

“So…so then…you were…” Stuttered Lewd.

“SORT OF A CONFUSED MESS FROM THE BEGINNING, YEP! BUT WHEN WE

GOT IN THAT FIGHT, THE STRESS CAUSED US TO SPLIT UP. THAT SHOULD HAVE

BEEN THE END OF IT, BUT PUB ENDED UP TAKING THE ENTIRE BODY, AND I JUST

GOT SORT OF….SCATTERED.”

MR was puzzling over the situation, and had adopted a pose akin to a Greek statue.

“So…you were two combined Tans…and then you split up…and now you’re just sorta…floating

in the void?”

“HM…I GUESS THAT’S ONE WAY OF PUTTING IT. BUT I’VE BEEN AROUND! I

WAS ABLE TO WATCH EVERYTHING GOING ON IN THE CITY! BUT, YESTERDAY I

GOT A LITTLE MIXED IN WITH THAT DISTORTION, AND TODAY, WELL…YOU’VE

SEEN WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING TODAY. IT MUST BE BECAUSE WE’RE ALL TANS

CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH, BUT INSTEAD OF JUST GETTING STUCK IN THE

DISTORTION, YOU GOT SUCKED INTO…ME…”

Writer cut in. “So, it was you the whole time? Does that mean you can interact with the

real world again?”

“I…I GUESS THAT’S TRUE.”

“Then I have an idea!” Writer smiled. “We’re trapped inside of you right now because

you’re all split up! You’re all around us right now, but if we were able to condense you back into

a physical form, then this space would collapse!”

“THAT’S A GREAT IDEA! BUT HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXz9PiaopK8&list=PLhFw0ftuwhqutXgKGvXLpik1JI4-E29UY&index=63

Lewd let out a boastful laugh, obviously played up for effect. “We’ve got the energy of

five Tans of Manga Raiders, what more do we need?” She presented her hand, from which soft

red and violet energies seeped out. “Let’s give you a little something to work with.”

In turn, each Tan began to emit their own contribution. The whorls of light stretched out, and twisted

together. As one the Tans were pulled closer, and formed into a tight circle. Soon a homogeneous sphere

of energy floated at their center, gentle pulsing with waves of color. Pub looked up to a spot directly above the

group. “Alright, come on, Sister.”

“HERE I GO!”

Lego felt his body go slack. He realized his predicament just in time to land awkwardly

on his feet. He was sure that just a moment before, he could feel his innards liquefying as they

were hit by the shock wave of a time bending explosion. But now he was looking at a park scene

that was the picture of tranquility. To his great surprise, he also saw five tans standing in a circle

at the center of the park. In fact, he could see a sixth figure among them. For the moment, it was

it was glowing so bright he couldn’t make out any details, but as the light faded, a fully realized

image formed before him.

The girl was young, a child really. Brown hair, tied back and full of pencils. Shorts and

shirt that could have belonged to a school uniform. Rugged boots like you would wear on a hike.

Finally, there was the light-green backpack, covered in plus signs. Two and two began to add up

in his mind, and finally the sum came to four. “Is that…is that a…”

Corycaly finished the thought for him. “She’s a Tan!” The cat was nearly knocked to the

ground as the Administrator rushed passed him. The woman was going for a hug, and Hell itself

would not stand in her way. Hasith followed calmly behind her, leaving the other two Mods to

share in Lego’s confusion.

Up ahead, the young girl broke away from her sisters and embraced Corycaly. The two

only separated when Hasith came in for a pat on the head. Finally, the young girl was able to

look at them together and announce herself. “Mom, Dad, it’s me, it’s Artist-tan!”

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 09:04:51 PM »
(Coughs at returning after turning violet in the face) finally...

And with that, we have a perfect introduction to a new tan and seeing as we just had our ten-year anniversary, I can't really think of a more appropriate time for it. I also definitely appreciate the Pub-tan vs Lewd-tan emotional moment serving as the final catalyst. This is a nice little universe we have building up here. Now, I suppose it's my turn to get to writing at least one of the things I was planning on, and would you look at that, I happen to have a free day tomorrow, more less.

Thank you, Coryn, for a fantastic contribution.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »
You are very welcome. I look forward to what you come up with.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »
I don`t have a permission slip fo this feels trip.

Nicely written man! And with that, another tan joins the ranks!

I guess Artist and Pub-tan know the feel of having split-souls. Frustrating stuff.