November 24, 2017, 12:28:56 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Daily Lives of Tans  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Daily Lives of Tans
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 01:18:02 PM »
Well, they were by and large all community designed at one point or another. So it's not like it was ever a master plan. Mostly I think it just boils down to tans traditionally being female.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 10:51:49 PM »
So, small error in my calculations. I'm at my new place, but the new internet isn't yet up and running. Should be ready to go theoretically, and I just need to plug the box in and do the set up. But I'm dead on my feet and don't see myself very well getting it done tonight. So I'm afraid posting today's chapter will be postponed until tomorrow.

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 01:23:10 AM »
Power through, my dude! Maybe at some point I'll try to get all the Tans for MR drawn up together in one style so we don't get lost in the google drive looking for descriptions.

@BobbyJoe: Coryn has a point, although I'd point out that generally Google, YouTube, 4chan, Blogger, and Bing are represented as male Tans. However, Yahoo, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, DeviantArt, and the original OS Tan are all pretty much represented as female...not like I got invested in the Tan stuff long enough to ship Yahoo and Tumblr or anything... :ninja:
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 09:00:51 AM »
A totally convincing statement by Mahlua.

Online MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 09:27:07 PM »
So are we going to be seeing the end of this anytime in the near-to-moderately-close future?
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »
^
Double this

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 09:31:02 PM »
.....................yes?

Honestly I've been thinking about it the last few days. I know I had a good idea for the next chapter's ending, but I have since forgotten.

Hopefully this next weekend something will appear.

EDIT: Don't you double nothing Vio. How many years has it been since you haven't updated your Moderator story?

Online MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 09:33:31 PM »
Take your time. I know how that goes. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to be doing for MR Anniversary this year.

@Vio:
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:08 PM »
EDIT: Don't you double nothing Vio. How many years has it been since you haven't updated your Moderator story?

Mod-Kingdom, ChibiRaiders, Friendly Monthly Artist Contests, Who Am I?, Raiders 4kom, and Before I Turn 24 are ready to be revived as long as I have active participants.

I would like to start up Mod-Kingdom again. But with MissChurro on her break and a few others M.I.A., there might need a new recruitment draft. :hmm:

Online MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 11:41:54 PM »
I volunteer as tribute. I'm almost old enough of a fart to be indoctrinated into your secret society, right?
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 11:51:06 PM »
Possible. Well, maybe a little revive to see who'd be interested, and a little tweak to fix the M.I.A.'s issue, and the story/RPG might start up again. :hmm:

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 05:30:09 PM »
And we're back! Even getting it up on a Saturday, so we can kinda sorta pretend I didn't take a month and a half off...

SATURDAY
SATURDAY

“Ah, time for something a little less depressing I think!” Proclaimed MR-tan. It was a rainy day,

and the station her radio was tuned into from the night before had soured on her. Retrospective

jams are fine on a lonely night when the mood strikes, but not so much when trying to wake up

the next morning.

It has already been covered in this story that Tans do not need to sleep. They aren’t

human after all, and so are not bound by the common drawbacks of being human. Chief among

these being the need to sleep, eat, and drink. This did not however, mean that they didn’t often

indulge in these frivolities of lesser beings. Stopping to eat was unproductive, but pizza was

delicious, so the two balanced out in MR-tan’s estimation.

She had fallen asleep in the driver’s seat of her favorite city bus. Importantly, she hadn’t

been moving at the time, but she was still dismayed to realize that the doors had been left open.

The steps were slick with rain, and a few small birds sat watching her from the dash. They cooed

at her softly with mild disinterest. MR-tan stared back through tired eyes. She was, to some

extent, one with the city, but she wasn’t sure where the wildlife had come from. “Maybe I’ll ask

Dad sometime.” She glanced at the silent bus stop. No passengers awaited her, so she pulled the

door level and shifted into gear. “Hold on guys. It’s time for my rounds.”

Now, MR-tan had no need to drive a city bus, there was no rule governing her actions.

Nor were her services in particular demand, as most Raiders walked, drove their own vehicles, or

took some far more eccentric mode of transportation. But she drove the bus anyways. Driving

had always been entertainment for her, and the city’s bus depot was so under attended, the true

crime would be to not drive them unsupervised. She found it so entertaining in fact that it took

her a good three months before she questioned the fact that she wasn’t actually giving people

rides anywhere.

MR-tan pulled up to the first stop of the day. Two young men sat under the glass awning.

Even from a distance she recognized the two mops of hair belonging to Paipis and Manimal.

They seemed to be arguing about a beat-up guitar that sat between them. MR only caught a few

words as she pulled up, opening the doors just a moment prematurely to hear; “I’m telling you

it’s just a knock off.” Said Paipis. “It’s clearly a later generation.” He continued.

“Yeah, but…” Started Manimal. “Look at the wood grain. It’s way too tight not the be

the real thing.”

MR-tan interjected. “Need a ride guys?” The pair glanced up at her, only now fully

recognizing the presence of the rumbling vehicle. MR-tan could now see that they and the guitar

were wet with rain. They had only taken shelter a short while ago. After a short glance at each

other, they rushed through the drops and into the bus.

“Can we go to Tim’s?” Chimed Manimal. “I could use an Ice-cap.”

‘Tim’s’ was a fabled restaurant from a country once known as Canada, from before

humanity moved onto the Net. No one was sure how, but one such franchise had appeared in the

city not long after Manimal himself did. It was a curious place however, in that when anyone

other than Manimal went in, they just found an empty coffee shop. Add to that he could never

adequately explain his time when inside, and a rumor soon began circulating that the Tim’s was

either a collective hallucination, or the work of aliens.

And so Manimal returned from Tim’s, iced coffee in hand. MR-tan thought for a moment

about asking about the inside, but let it slide. In any case, she was quickly distracted as two more

figures rushed out of the rain. She recognized them as Misyne and Robin Ryu. “Are you taking

tolls today?” Questioned Robin. MR satisfied her with a shrug, and so the total of passengers

came to four humans and three birds. The new arrivals were quickly drawn in to the discussion

about the lineage of the guitar. Although like usual, Manimal and Paipis simply outclassed

anyone with only a standard interest in music.

They passed the time this way for the next hour. MR-tan took roads at random,

occasionally stopping to pick up yet another Raider trapped in the storm. It was peaceful in a

way, until the bus came to a great screeching halt. When a few minutes had passed, and everyone

realized that no one was boarding, they made their way to the front. They found MR-tan locked

in place, her concentration entirely forward. She sat unblinking, and so they followed her stare.

There they saw a goat, standing still a few dozen meters down the road.

Now, it is important to realize that MR does not have a large goat population. Or any goat

population for that matter, as far as anyone knew. Indeed, many of them had never seen a goat

before in their lives. Sure, they may have been told of the existence of goats, or maybe even seen

a picture of a goat in a book once. But that was a far cry from seeing a live one blocking the

street in the middle of a rainstorm.

It was then even stranger, when a single guest specter wandered out of a side alley, collar

in hand, and seemed to chase, painfully slow, after the goat. The specter seemed to be running in

slow motion. It was like watching a Benny Hill routine underwater. Meanwhile the goat took a

few lazy steps away, easily out pacing the specter.

Bus population: 1 Tan, 3 birds, 7 Raiders, 1 goat, and 1 guest specter which seemed to be

caught in a pocket of distorted time.

After another hour on the road, MR-tan finally had to stop the bus. It felt polite to do so

at the time. After all, everything else had stopped around her.

The bus passengers crowded around the windows, craning their necks to get a good look

around. Raindrops sat silently in the air, without even the slightest hint that they had any

intention to continue falling to the ground. Even on Manga Raiders, this wasn’t something you

got to see just every day. MR-tan briefly pondered whether this was merely a local weather

phenomenon, and received her answer as she felt a vibration in her pocket.

The message had gone out on the emergency channel, and read as such: “TEMPORAL

ABNORMALITY DETECTED. AVOID ALL CONTACT WITH FROZEN OBJECTS.

SOURCE OF ABNORMALITY LOCATED ON HIGHWAY 5, BRIDGE 637. ALL

QUALIFIED PERSONNEL TO REPORT TO SOURCE IMMEDIATELY. ALL NON-

QUALIFIED PERONNEL TO SECURE THEMSELVES IN A ‘SAFE’ LOCATION. PLEASE

WAIT FOR “ALL CLEAR’.”

“You guys really shouldn’t be putting those things in quotes…” MR turned to the bus.

Everyone else was also processing the message. “We’re going to make slight detour. Buckle up.”

Someone attempted to make an argument about how there were no buckles on a bus, and

that the order was impossible to fulfill, therefore a paradox. But they were cut short as the bus

lurched to life and sent the assembled Raiders tumbling into a pile at the back. MR-tan had a date

with destiny, and a tear in the space time continuum.

The highways of MR were just like in any major city. That is to say, in many places, they

worked just fine, but every once in a while, they would come together in a great knot that would

put the Phrygians to shame. Bridge 637 was at the apex of just one of those places. It rose nearly

three-hundred feet into the air, and put all other nearby structures to shame. As the bus ascended

towards the apex, its passengers could look out on nearly the entire city.

Just before cresting the rise, MR-tan’s target came into view. A great ball of pulsating

energy floated a few inches above the road’s surface. It glowed with a deep and blinding

blackness, with just a hint of fuchsia around its circumference. MR decided she would

contemplate the odd color scheme later, and put the bus into park and pulled the parking brake,

just for good measure. She pulled down the microphone from where it sat holstered, and spoke

across the intercom. “Would all passengers please stay inside the vehicle. There appears to be a

blockage in the road. Delays are expected.” MR-tan tossed the mic onto the dash and pulled the

door lever. Taking a deep breath, she stepped out.

Outside the air felt foreboding against her skin. It pricked at her with an almost

malevolent intent. It was like the calm before the storm in the desert, only that the sands were

already being blasted into the pores of your skin. Still, MR-tan pressed forward, casually dancing

her way through the frozen rain. There was little chance that this anomaly was a result of

something from within Manga Raiders. If it were she would have received a follow up message.

More likely that it was some outside attack, or more worrisome, a naturally occurring rip in

existence. Neither option felt particularly inviting, but it meant that she would have to get

creative in this dual.

MR-tan had some knowledge of such events. More specifically: she knew that one could

be created if enough energy was added into a finite enough point. It seemed reasonable to her

then, that if enough energy could be subtracted from that same finite point, then the event should

dissipate. She didn’t know if she was capable of making it happen, but it was worth a shot.

MR got to within about five feet the orb, and began to inhale. It was just like preparing

for one of her sonic screams she thought, at first. ‘It was just like preparing for one of her sonic

screams’
, except this time she didn’t think about stopping. She just thought about consuming.

MR-tan threw all pretenses concerning the size of a human lung to the wind and breathed deep.

Sure enough, a small tendril of pulsating black light pulled away from the mass, and soon it

became a thick arm of energy. It poured into her, disappearing to where, she didn’t quite know or

understand. Her throat burnt, her insides screamed, the fibers of her mind wanted to pull apart.

But before she fully realized it, the experience was over. The rain resumed its downward motion,

finally convinced to follow the laws of gravity and causality once again.

MR-tan’s stomach grumbled, and a small burp escaped her. She had survived, her city

had survived. And while she made a mental note to schedule another appointment with the

Science Division, she serenely made her way back to the bus, a smile of satisfaction spreading on

her face.

Spoiler
So yeah, the answer to my joke about the space-time tear was "what if she just sorta....went up there....and ate it?"

Online MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 06:25:53 AM »
...Only a Tan could've pulled that off. :ohmy:
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 12:12:04 AM »
I`m curious about the amount of calories a space-time tear has.

Also The Science Division definitely did it.

`No buckles on a bus`Rolls off the tongue ridiculously well. I`ve finally caught up with the chapters. Bosslike representation of the tans Coryn. Good stuff

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2017, 08:21:55 AM »
Thanks Lego!

The last chapter is written, but I need to edit it. I think tonight will be the night. Work permitting.