March 29, 2024, 02:21:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Short story contests #2

GreenBeverage
1 (33.3%)
Eukocar
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 25, 2017, 11:50:42 AM

Author Topic: Short story contests!  (Read 18406 times)

Offline Grimmjagger

• Maggot
  • I am the negative one
    • View Profile
Short story contests!
« on: May 03, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »

Welcome to Round #1 of the Short story Contest!

A MangaRaiders Contest!

The theme of this round is "Evil", this round's winner will pick the next theme.

These are the rules:

- Follow the general forum rules.
- All work must be done by you alone.
- It is forbidden to enter work that has already been posted/published/entered at any other place.
- You may only enter one story per contest.
- Your story must be recognizable as a story.
- For the sake of your readers, please proofread your story and make sure it does not contain any unwanted mistakes.

The winner of the competition chooses the next theme.

This thread is only for entries.

Please use Spoiler-tags.

(Until the of 25 of May)

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
Re: Short story contests!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »
Here is my entry into the contest. It turned into a ballad when I wrote it but it still tells a story so I hope it's acceptable.

Uh, warning to those who don't like raunchy humor or dark themes.

Spoiler

There once was an evil King of a great Kingdom
Heavy taxes put many silver into his income
His advisors would beg
Don't be so hard on the pleb
But the king roared with "Don't question my wisdom"

His banks were full with wealth, yet counting it took its toll
The King quickly grew disinterested, his day getting dull
"My dear waifu," he said
"Let us rumpy pumpy in bed"
She refused, so the angry King calmed himself with a stroll

On a lonely road, our monarch travelled with his bodyguard
His thoughts plagued with lust, his Royal manhood still... Hard
Heckling a travelling singer's wife
"Give me your pantsu or your life"
Suddenly the King was set upon by an enraged bard

The first guard was strangled with a lute  string
Seconds later another had his poor brains bashed in
Those remaining had fled
Our evil King gulped "I'm dead"
And through an hour of beating, he regretted every sin

Darkness had gathered, the King was left bleeding on his back
A figure stood over the scene, body hidden with black
The shinigami didn't linger
She only lifted a finger
Souls of the guards were taken, when the ground opened with a crack

With his life spared, it proved that the King's repentance was heard
Taken quickly to a doctor, his nasty wounds soon recovered
"I am forever a changed man,
And for my kingdom, I have a plan"
Not only in body but also in soul the king was cured

Taxes were lowered, ale and beer was made aplenty
People started cheering, from lowly pleb to gentry
To further clean the king's guilt
New schools were soon built
Classrooms sizes were reduced from a hundred to twenty!

It almost seemed as if the king was rewarded for his charity
He was blessed with a beautiful baby girl amidst the prosperity
"With hair light as mine,
I'll name thee Clementine"
Living up to her name, the daughter was sweet and a rarity

Two years passed and it was a good time for a while
But all good things must end, life can sometimes be vile
The shinigami visited the King
Bearing the most wicked grin
Our good king begged "Why? I've changed my lifestyle!"

"And who are you?" The imposing shinigami said
"To think you're immune to the lady of the dead?"
The good king stepped forward and frowned, "So I must go"
"You think this is about you?" The shinigami scowled "No"
The lady of death raised a finger to a baby girl, "I am here for her instead."

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:02:37 AM »
So, uh, did I win?  :ninja:

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 06:06:45 AM »
I would say so  :tongue:

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
Amazing story green it would be awesome as an 4panel manga or 4coma don't know the name.
This part
Spoiler
My dear waifu," he said
"Let us rumpy pumpy in bed
Amazing truly amazing keep writing your good.

I will enter the contest too if you pick a theme.

Don't expect much from me. Lets give writing a shot and see what happens. 

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »
Thank you eukocar, I'm surprised that ballad got a comment  :ninja: If you're interested then I'll set a theme. Same rules from Grummjager will apply here.

The theme is:  CyberPunk

Closing date will be 10th June

Offline eukocar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 02:52:35 PM »
Got it  :thumbsup:

Offline Grimmjagger

• Maggot
  • I am the negative one
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 03:14:06 PM »

Oh damn, I forgot to add a longer deadline to the previous theme, whatever, Thx GreenBeverage!

Story Title: Ending

Spoiler

"W-What is my name? Who am I?" Those were the words of a man locked inside a cell, as he opened his eyes, he could easily see that the laser bars wouldn't be without consequences if they were to be touched.

"What a odd reaction to have..." A voice came from outside the cell. A feminine voice. Who could it be? Questionned the man in his mind.

"Who's there?" The Man asked with an uneasy feeling of guilt. " Why am I feeling guilty?" He whispered.

"The sun is what made us lose our minds..."The voice answered before taking a deep breath. "That was your campaign."

"W-WHA-!?" The Man stood up and slowly approached the laser bars to see to whom the voice belonged to. "Show yourself..." At that moment a beautiful short blond haired girl walked in front of the cell holding The Man.

"Can I ask..." The Man passed his left hand slowly out of the bars and started caressing the woman's cheek. "P-Please tell me, Ugh!" His hand fell on the ground, the blood coming out of his arm was getting desintegrated by the lasers. "Who am I?" He finally asked.

"How unfortunate, I thought you actually remembered me..." The Woman replied, not affected by the hand resting on her boot, she simply kicked it away. "It is the very first time I am asked to identify someone other than myself, not like it would happen tonight either."

"W-What do you mean?" The Man was concerned about the meaning behind such words. "I NEED TO KNOW WHO AM I?!" The Man passed his right hand to grab the Woman by her shirt collar, blood started dripping from her cheeks as both made contact with the bars.

"..." The silence was unbearable for the man. "AAAAARGH!" He reacted as his right hand fell on the ground.

"Two members have died. Humans are worthless pieces of *censored*." The Woman said as she adjusted ger shirt back before walking away leaving the man in agony.

"Ahh. Ahh. Who are you?" The Man asked, barely able to withstand the pain of his hands.

Although the Woman was completely covered by the shadow she had walked to, her evil smile could be feel, shaking one's bones. "I am Opera." She replied.

The Man was able to hear the cell door open and could feel that his pain was about to cease.

All over the world, adultes and kids, mens and womens, all person were related by chain of guilt and would soon be meeting, Opera.

Our shackles are our selfishness.

THE END

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »
How is everyone doing with their entry? I think I'll be able to finish mine tonight :ninja:

Offline eukocar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 04:33:23 PM »
I wil finish my story tomorrow morning . And correct the grammer...

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 05:54:58 AM »
Well, here's my entry into the CyberPunk theme. Not my best work, but a nice practice none the less.

Spoiler
Hush now, hush now. Hush now, hush now...
Drinks are half price. The back rooms are open.
Please enjoy yourselves. Origins is now open.
'Monday's are for men' has now begun.

"This is the wrong day to get answers" She could feel all the hungry eyes feasting on what little skin she showed. Nana kept her rain drenched leather coat on, but remembered to wipe her boots on the mat.

'Wednesdays are for women' would be easier to blend in with' Nana thought 'But today is the only day I know that he will be here'

Silently she strode. A silhouette sifting through cigarette smoke and sunken despair. Strippers soaked in sweat slipped and slide on side stages.

Fluorescent lights flickered a warm blue and emitted a low hum causing a nausea that, along with the barn-heat of drunken bodies, made the cold night almost forgettable. Almost.

She found the target. Hector Greylich was sitting with a group of friends, all in straight, bureaucratic uniforms. The young, slick haired man was throwing obscenities and soon found himself alone with his drink.

When Nana sat next to him at the bar, Hector turned to her, ready to take offence. His wide eyes instead squinted at the stranger before him, clenched fists softened and wrapped around a glass of whiskey.

"Not interested. I have a girlfriend." He muttered

Nana took a second to recompose herself at his suggestion.

"Mr. Greylich? I would just like to ask some questions if you have the time?" Nana cleared her throat

Hector snapped to stare at Nana, nearly stumbling off of his seat.

"Hey, I've done nothing wrong. If you're with E-PICT then go talk to Chow-Ming, that asshole got the promotion, not me."

Nana raised a brow "Chow-Ming? I'm a private detective. I'm only inquiring into the murder of James Brandolf."

Relieved, the drunken man slumped over the bar and gave a half-hearted laugh. He ordered another round from the serving droid. Nana joined in and took a green tea, sprinkling a pinch of salt into it.

"Me and my big mouth... Not that it concerns you, but Chow-Ming pulled some dirty tricks to get that promotion. The one I worked my ass off for." He cursed under his breath "But yeah, James Brandolf? I was on duty when he died. In the same room in fact."

"You were a jail guard, yes?"

"Ever since the police force was privatised, they've been downgrading the jobs anyway they can. Jail guard now has a *censored*ty payroll. Doesn't surprise me Brandolf got murdered with cheap security."

It didn't surprise Nana either that many people wanted Brandolf dead. A convicted terrorist with forty dead to his name, including five police officers. His automated jail cell had its oxygen switched off and none of the guards on duty seemed to have noticed till twenty minutes later. Which leads to the question...

"Would you say there were some in your unit who wanted Brandolf dead?" Nana asked

"Dead?" Hector chuckled "They wanted him to suffer. I was on a smoke break when the incident took place. Guards would walk by each door every five minutes, no doubt some were paid to walk slowly."

The detective leaned in closer "You mentioned Chow-Ming... do you think his promotion is related to the incident?"

"What, that he had a hand in it and was paid with his new job?" Hector shrugged "That's business baby."

An interesting and disturbing thought. Now was not the time to indulge in it though, their little chat was attracting suppressive eyes from all corners of the room.

"I didn't anticipate the danger we might be in." Nana reached a hand into her jacket, wrapping it around a hidden pistol.

Hector cracked his knuckles "I'm in the mood for bar fight, me thinks"

And the blue lit bar ran red.

Offline eukocar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »
well here is my story!
i havnt written in an long time dont expect much same goes for grammer. 
i worked hard on it.   
Spoiler
My cyberpunk short story
location…….chernobyl augmention district….New Moscow…
Treath……….rouge ai type 3….
Damage/killed…….12 civilians 6 guards 1 augmention mainframe…..
Hunter Dispatched……..Gustav……
Awaiting results……………..
Gustav!? We are able to create near sentiant ai and stil they cant simply change a few letter in my bloody name! Yelled Vlad while walking down the barely lit streets of the megalopolis.
Its supposed to be crowded in here but i cant see a single living thing here. The only things that move around here Are these bloody ad projectors. Vlad told to himself, growing more irritated every second.
After a few  horrible minutes Vlad arrived at the given location. An abandoned metroline.
Vlad started carufuly scouting out the old tunnels.
Tunnel after tunnel no sign of anything human.
After an several hour search of the old metro line. Vlad stopped to sit down and take a sig.
Still alone Vlad whispered to himself while sitting on an half rotten bench in one of the better lighted tunnels. I cant wait to share an drink with my comrades at the Blyskawiska bar in the Kursk farming district. Vlad started moving with some hope to finish the job.
After 10 meters. Vlad started noticing  that alot of the old holo billbourds all got the same girl on them but different products and brands. Vlad took an closer look at the girl on the holobourd. She looks surprisingly. Vlad froze. Is this what an type 3 augmention is. Not  one single trace of modification to the body.
Vlad carefully moved his hand to his left pocket where he hid his ionpistol.
One shot is all it takes one shot and i can go home, away from this hell, almost got the pistol she still doesnt notice it! Vlad  grabbed the pistol but did not pull it. The girl started shaking she did her best not to start crying but she couldnt stop the tears.
i cant shoot her she is bloody human not an robot. Vlad started to calm the girl.
Dont worry i wont hurt you, Come i will get you back to your parents. Vlad said with a smile.
The girl started smiling and gave Vlad an hug. Its starting to get cold you could say it pierces through your body, man i need some sleep now, Vlad thought.
Vlad stopped hugging and looked at the girl, her face show no emotion, Vlad’s body froze and collapsed. Vlad smiled and closed his eyes.
Everyone went to an fake so called perfect world only never to return. I hated almost everything around me but it made me love it too.
good story green i liked it  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:29:17 PM by eukocar »

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »
Thanks eukocar  :ninja: Yours reminds me of the Metro 2033 games

I suppose we wait for someone to post tomorrow, then vote on the winner  :ninja:

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 04:41:51 PM »
Time is up!

I'm going to give my vote to Eukocar for an Eastern European style that I like, and a nice self-contained story  :ninja:

Offline eukocar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 07:11:04 PM »
A little problem :-\.   you get my vote...........
I slowly took a liking to vlad while writing the story, Vlad was supposed to be the standard mindless tug. Who would get shot by the main character who happened to be a detective too.  The story looked a lot like yours green but yours is way better. You deserve the vote!!
I hate the way my story ended.

I named the bar after the polish destroyer the B?yskawica. If it works for the Japanese why not for us haha..

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:54:08 PM by eukocar »