November 18, 2017, 06:19:55 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Decent Slice of Life manga recommendations?  (Read 296 times)

Offline EalingLa

• View Profile
Decent Slice of Life manga recommendations?
« on: April 28, 2017, 04:28:22 PM »
I've read Solanin  by Inio Asano recently, a beautiful true to life every day story of a couple in tokyo; I was wondering if anyone can suggest a similar themed book? or any other slice of life manga?

Online Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Re: Decent Slice of Life manga recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
I don't know Solanin, but if you're just looking for good slice of manga I can recommend, Non Non Biyori for something fun and plotless to just chill out with. Nana for the incredible characters and drama. Flying Witch, again for the chill factor...I know more slice of anime then manga I've read...My Little Monster...D-Frag for the comedy...Yotsuba is always classic...

Offline EalingLa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »
Thanks for your reply Manimal. I love Nama!  I'll check Non Non Biyori; love fun and plotless.

But, I wonder if there's more out there that isn't based on school kids though? Have you watched Genshiken? - I'd recommend that too for Slice of Life easy watching.

Online Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 03:56:35 PM »
Nana is God tier.

Non Non Biyori is something nice to pick up and read before bed. It has a lot of detail and is made to be a slow read where you take in the setting. The characters and comedy aren't top notch but it has serious vibe. Both the anime and manga are good. I have been meaning to watch Genshiken, it's on my list of watch this one day. I like school settings, but it can get samey sometimes. Barakamon was good for having an adult lead.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:12:42 PM »
Barakamon was an amazing breeze of fresh air that really did well for the soul. I'm not sure if the manga is as good, but I'd bet on it.

As for manga, even though it lies too close to my heart check out High Score Girl

Offline EalingLa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »
OOOoo thank you! I really like these recommendations. Annoyingly neither of these seem to be easily sourced in English physical form, but i'll have a closer look on online sources. God bless the internet