January 16, 2018, 06:47:45 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Persona 5 Talk  (Read 483 times)

Offline Vacant

• MR's official no.1 present wrapper
    • View Profile
Persona 5 Talk
« on: April 25, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »
Because why not!?................... 

Lets chat about P5 and answer the important question, like...Who's your waifu? What name did you pick for your team? and so on. I will say if you're going to post plot spoilers, use the spoiler tags, that'll make everyone happy ;)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 5 Talk
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 04:27:15 PM »
I'm not actually the one playing it; my friend is. He chose Ann to be his girl but also has a heart for Futaba. I, meanwhile, have a heart yearning for that student council president...

It's definitely a Persona game. I will grant it that.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
I, meanwhile, have a heart yearning for that student council president...

agreed Niijima owns my heart

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »
BLEH! I really hate myself for hating on sony! I wish I could just get myself to go out and get a damn ps4! I feel so left out each time Atlus realeses a new game!

Me each time Atlus releases a PS exclusive game!

"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 09:08:39 PM »
Spoiler
Persona 5 is the heartwarming story of Brian Sonoda and the Snod Squad teaming up with Satan to save Christmas. Along the way, he'll rob people of their free will and force his homeroom teacher to do his laundry.

95 hours well spent. Makoto was the waifu on the first run, but only because Shadow Sae wasn't an option. Probably gonna go the Absolute Harem route for that New Game Plus.

Persona 3 still has the strongest story overall and holds onto the role of my personal favorite, but P5 absolutely blows the style and gameplay categories out of the water. Just adding perks to every non-party members confidant stats made all the difference in the world. What a swell game.

I got lots more thoughts, but I just wanna let things stew for a bit. In the meantime, we can all enjoy the fanart, memes, and rampant speculation as to what the spinoffs are going to be.

Also, for the sake of a fan fiction/ character design excercise thing I might do, people should take this survey and post screen caps of their result and arcana descriptions: https://www.quotev.com/quiz/5739130
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:19:35 PM by Nairbons »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 11:29:01 PM »
Oh yeah funny story about that. I didn't actually see Sae's introduction or anything, and I saw the weird part where...well, spoilers I guess maybe??

Spoiler
Motoko used Futaba's drive thing to rip data from her sister's computer.

So that was my introduction to her instead, and yes, I would 10/10 love her voice to say lewd things to me until the rest of forever.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 10:23:08 PM »
Well, hey! Funny you should say that, since Sae's voice actress is going to be at Planet Comicon this weekend in Kansas City, and I've already got the time off of work to go.

So, length of line and possible cost permitting, I'm gonna see if she wouldn't be so kind as to do an in-character line on request. Fingers crossed.

Offline Vacant

• MR's official no.1 present wrapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 07:54:54 AM »
So I've just got past the 26th October mark of the game.
Spoiler
I don't trust Akechi. He says he found out about the meta verse a month ago. Yet he could hear Morgana in the TV statiom back in May. It's the pancakes man. He knows about the Pancakes! :o

Also, there's a kind of screen wobble effect thing that happens as everyone's leaving the room. As if your cognition changed? Does this mean that the protagonist has now become am unreliable narrator as he tells his story back to sae?

Dammit I need to go to work but I wanna grind this game and find the answers!

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »
My teacher suggested I get this game since I'm an RPG fan. I know nothing about Persona, so could anyone fill me in briefly about what to expect from this?

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 11:06:47 PM »
My teacher suggested I get this game since I'm an RPG fan. I know nothing about Persona, so could anyone fill me in briefly about what to expect from this?

Teenagers fight humanity's collective Jungian psychology and defeat peoples inner psychosis while fostering the powers of friendship and companionship. With tons of stylish, difficult turn based combat with memorable characters, lots of talking and light dating rpg elements.