November 18, 2017, 04:18:17 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child  (Read 762 times)

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
« on: April 24, 2017, 07:06:25 AM »
UPDATE: This won't be continued for the time being, as I'm occupied by another project. This MAY get continued some time in the future.

After a small Hiatus, i'm back due to personal reasons. However prior to my hiatus i had begun working with an artist MatsumotoTrix. We began working on one of my short stories as part of my "Tales of Ouroboros" short story series that i've originally wrote in grade school but have been working on rewriting. I want to share our progress and share the work with my fellow Raiders, so share your thoughts, may they be positive or negative. However credit is due where it's deserved. So I'd like to thank Jeff for his great work, as the creative mind when it comes to all the artwork, as I'm simply the simple writer who came up with a story. However he as the artist has helped me breathe life into a lifeless universe that consisted of nothing but words.

(This is not any sort of way to promote him or his work. This is simply my opinion)
He is working with me on commission, however I find him to be worth every penny. He's incredibly talented, a great guy, who's been patient and understanding with me, when things in my life took a turn for the worse. However after having postponed our project, we're back and as a result, i'd like to share this work with you, my fellow Raiders.

'The Ember Child' is the 2nd short story in the series, so there may be an appearance of a character or two that might seem out of place, but that's because these short stories are connected. The mentioned characters are the main characters of the 1st short story in the series, and make an appearance in the remaining stories.
Ouroboros is the symbol for wholeness and infinity, however in relation to my story it's only partially what the concept of the stories are. In this case it's also a symbol for that the story ends where it begans, basically the story end's with the end/death/departure of each main character. These stories are not meant to follow the simple happy-end story, they're meant to be sad, to be dark or simply convey emotions of the negative kind. So if you decide to read this, don't expect a happy end.

Short Synopsis
The tale is set on the Island known as Kuroyama. One of the Island's founding families, the Yamamura family, has prospered for generations and as a result they are now the largest families on the Island. The Yamamura family are now well known for their massive family reunions, where hundreds of members, even the most distant family members participate. The youngest member of the Main branch of the family, Junpei, makes a startling discovery. A discovery that will forever shake the foundation of the Island, it's inhabitants and haunt Junpei, for the remainder of his life.

Chapter 1
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:10:00 AM by Carshald »
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »
Hi man The pages not showing .

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
Hi man The pages not showing .
This is weird. I'm able to see them when I'm looking. However I am looking on the pc, however I'm not enterily sure why it's not showing up for you, or when I'm looking at it on anything other than my pc. I'll get it figured out!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:19:15 PM by Carshald »
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »
I noticed that the links weren't working for me either, so I pulled up a quote version of your post to take a peek. It looks like you might be having issue because the link doesn't end in a file determiner like .jpg or .png or .gif or however many there are for images. That's likely why your IMG function isn't working for us. It may also be the privacy settings on your Google account.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »
I noticed that the links weren't working for me either, so I pulled up a quote version of your post to take a peek. It looks like you might be having issue because the link doesn't end in a file determiner like .jpg or .png or .gif or however many there are for images. That's likely why your IMG function isn't working for us. It may also be the privacy settings on your Google account.

You may have been right about my privacy settings for my google account/drive... but thank god photobucket doesn't have that issue! XD Should be working now!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 01:47:17 AM »
Yeah, they work now. It looks good!

Man, things never go well when a kid goes to get a lost ball by himself...
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 01:06:47 PM »
Its working, pretty good art. That's Pageturner artist work, he has unique art style.
In page 4 panel 5 and 6 i thought the ball is a text bubble. Look like he is holding text bubble at fist glance.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »
Its working, pretty good art. That's Pageturner artist work, he has unique art style.
In page 4 panel 5 and 6 i thought the ball is a text bubble. Look like he is holding text bubble at fist glance.
Yup that's him. I really liked his work and his style really caught my attention. Plus he really easy to work with. Over the last two'ish years i've been in touch with quite a few artist, both free and commissioned, but so far he's been the easiest to work with.

Lol also just noticed what you said about the text XD I can see how that could be confusing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:41:21 PM by Carshald »

Offline MatsumotoTrix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 12:34:33 PM »
Thank you, that's so flattering :D

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 07:08:15 AM »
Really great technical skill here. Perspective, emotion, shading, all so on point you can sit back and relax and enjoy the story. I wonder what this is about. I'll be looking forward to more!

Offline Kiwiavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »
it looks awesome! with the ball it does look a little flat and looks like it needs some form of Panelling on it or something to break it up. It looks like it should be ok if its coloured later on though.

Now where will the errant football take us!