January 16, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Power Trip Discussion  (Read 298 times)

Offline ToxicWaste97

• Random Idea Generator
  • So many ideas, so little motivation...
    • View Profile
Power Trip Discussion
« on: April 17, 2017, 11:54:43 PM »
So after posting four chapters, I figured I'd make a post for lore and other discussion material.

World:
Spoiler
The world is one in which superpowers, called Enhancements, are just a fact of life. Nowhere near as common as different colors of hair, but common enough that everyone knows at least one person with an Enhancement. Nobody knows where these powers come from, but they almost always manifest themselves around the Enhanced person's entry into puberty. It is also significantly more common to see Enhanced individuals in Continental Europe and North America's East Coast than the rest of the world.

Enhancements:
Spoiler
Ben - Super-Speed - the ability to move at super-sonic speeds
Ashley - Projection - the ability to project shapes into reality
Subject 008 - Chimera (Feral) - the ability to enter a monsterlike form that behaves based on subconsious instincts instead of rational thought
Justin - Chimera (Feral) - the ability to enter a monsterlike form that behaves based on subconsious instincts instead of rational thought
Inferno - Burn - the ability to create flames that burn on the skin of the user
Strongarm - Adjustment - the ability to adjust the concentration of matter while following the laws of conservation
Wendigo - ???
The Girl - ???

Feel free to post questions and comments here.

Edit: Added the Girl - 4/20/17
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:05:57 AM by ToxicWaste97 »
Inspiration from the strangest places is often the most welcome.

Offline ToxicWaste97

• Random Idea Generator
    • View Profile
Re: Power Trip Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:02:02 AM »
Prometheus
Spoiler
Prometheus is a global terrorist organization that is currently waging war on all humans, Enhanced or not. Knowing that they will face heavy resistance, they created a small army of Enhanced mercenaries, but even that wasn't enough. They then created the Chimeras, 10 genetically engineered bioweapons designed to take on even the strongest Enhanced human. Justin and Manticore are two such subjects of the Chimera Project.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »
I've been reading up on the chapters as you've been posting them. Enhancements are naturally occurring? That's neat. O: Liked the fact that Ben still has a tendency to be late to school even when his enhancement, haha. But Chimeras are genetically engineered eh? Their transformations do sound painful.  :(

Justin is my favourite character so far XD

In regards to the story, the first chapter felt a little fast-paced, maybe because of the narration and time-skips, but it gives the jist of what needs to be known. The rest seems to flow well, and I enjoyed reading it ^_^ Had to look back and forth between the chapters when I realized the timing of when Ben and Ashley arrive at the warehouse and when Justin gets there.

Looking forward to reading more.  ;)

No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

My DA Account -> http://neysun.deviantart.com

Offline ToxicWaste97

• Random Idea Generator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »
Glad to hear you liked it. I'm hoping to put out a few chapters every week, and I'll definitely update this page with additional lore based material when I do.