December 12, 2017, 10:32:20 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: [Storyboards included] The Sky's Chosen One  (Read 736 times)

Offline Mr. Stan

• View Profile
[Storyboards included] The Sky's Chosen One
« on: April 12, 2017, 06:53:35 PM »
Ok first and foremost I apologize if this topic is posted in the wrong section. If that's the case, I would appreciate if the topic would be moved to another section. I also apologize if I wasn't supposed to post this topic here due to the lack of posts I have, due to my inactivity since my arrival on the forum or due to the fact that this very topic might be considered as advertisement.

Ok, after a long lasting battle with deadlines and exams, I'm glad to be finally able to actively participate on this forum. So, in this topic I decided to post/store the first 3 or 4 chapters of my own manga.

Instead of throwing in miles of text just like that, I decided to post the storyboards of the first three chapters because it seems more pleasant to read (I guess).

As you can see, the storyboards (obviously) contain drawings, so I would be expected to post this in the "Manga artists" section. The reason why I posted this into the "Manga writers" is the following one:

As you may see, I have very low drawing skills and most of the drawings I made are sketches. So because of that, I consider myself more as a writer than as an artist. What's important for me is that I can get the story across, although the drawings do have a certain importance for the reader's experience.

Now as far as the plot goes on, I understand that the concept seems very simple, recycled and cliche (as you may have already guessed by this "very original" manga title). If you're not a fan of "godly hero shonen" type of stuff, don't read this. But one thing I can promise you, is that the story will get more complex as the story goes on (plot twists, foreshadowing, world building etc.).

It would mean a lot for me if I could get some feedback, it will help a lot as well. Positive and negative reviews are welcome, as long as they aren't hurtful (e.g. your manga suxx kys!!!). I'm also open for tips about how I can improve.

It's my first ever manga story concept I never did this before, so that's why it contains some mistakes (as you can see by some panels I've misplaced or characters which are put in the wrong direction).

I'm sorry if the images may be of poor quality and also sorry for the English mistakes I might have written (both in the post and in the storyboards, I'm not a native speaker). And as you may notice, the main character's outfit will change as the chapters goes on because I only came up with new character design ideas a little bit later.

Maybe an artist might stumble across my post and may be interested in this, everything is possible. It might become something big with a little bit of luck (and will).

Hope you'll enjoy!  :D

For feedback, link to the discussion: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,17793.0/

Chapter 1:
Spoiler
The Sky's Chosen One Chapter 1: A teenage boy's misadventures

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Chapter 2:
Spoiler
The Sky's Chosen One Chapter 2: The birth of a demigod

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11

Page 12

Page 13

Page 14

Page 15

Chapter 3
Spoiler
The Sky's Chosen One Chapter 3: A new superhero enters the scene

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11

Page 12

Page 13

Page 14

Page 15

Page 16

The first page of the Chapter 1 drawn by a friend of mine:
Spoiler

Some images I've drawn were inspired or even "ripped off" from other existing drawings/landscapes. Here I give the sources of the images I don't own which I used in my manga:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:02:38 PM by Mr. Stan »

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
Re: [Storyboards included] The Sky's Chosen One
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:32:49 AM »
I read chapter 1 and 2. This is cool! Well done man.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:34:11 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Mr. Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 03:43:28 PM »
I read chapter 1 and 2. This is cool! Well done man. I really like your paneling, it flows very well. I was able to understand everything. I was able to really sympathize with Trever. When I read that his father is gone and his mother died I actually felt kind of sad.

I don't think you have very low drawing skills. Your landscapes are great. The very first drawing with the eifel tower is nice and I absolutely loved the central panel in the third page of chapter 2, the one with the gates of heaven. I think the art could be much better if you just put more time into the drawings, some of them look like you rushed through them. I know it is a lot of work but if you use references and put more time into the drawings the art will improve dramatically.

You even got a friend to draw one of the pages, thats nice.  ;)

Regarding the title. "The one chosen by the sky" sounds better than "The Sky's chosen one" IMO

Thank you very much for your positive feedback man, I appreciate it a lot. This is what makes me want to write and draw, it's about delivering entertainment to people. I don't care about the money or being on the number one spot (although that would be great, 'cause so I can bring enjoyment to even more people).

I acknowledge the fact that I rushed some parts of it. Everyone has parts that they love and parts that they find boring in their story. So that's why I rushed through some "meh" scenes to get to the exciting stuff.

I'm surprised that you didn't mention anything about chapter 3, which is my favorite of those 3. Maybe you haven't read it through yet, but hey, I don't want to sound to greedy.  :D

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »
You are welcome.

So that's why I rushed through some "meh" scenes to get to the exciting stuff.

Yeah I know what you mean. Comics take so much work. Sometimes I start drawing a comic pretty pumped but by the time I am halfway through I just want to outsource it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:54:59 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 02:56:07 AM »
I read chapter 3. Wow, it was good!.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:32:55 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Mr. Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 03:50:58 AM »
I read chapter 3. Wow, it was good!. The art is better for sure.  ;) What an action packed chapter! I loved when he let those puppy hitters be devoured by wolves! And those guys had camels with rockets??  :o :o :o :o I wonder who is that at the end.

lol falafel snackbar  :D :D :D :D

Also about the previos chapter I liked the fact where God says he is everything and everyone. I believe that too.

Glad you liked it. I'm in the process of making chapter 4 (which I didn't intend to publish here), if you want to read it, I'll upload it.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 04:04:40 AM »
Sure. Why didnt you wanted to publish it here?

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Mr. Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 05:16:31 AM »
Sure. Why didnt you wanted to publish it here?

Because I didn't want to reveal everything here. While storing a few storyboards here, I wanted to find an artist and then do a clean and finished version of it.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 05:21:11 AM »
I see. Are you posting it anywhere else?

How many chapters is it? And are you offering any money for the artist or is it unpaid?

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Mr. Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 06:26:49 AM »
I see. Are you posting it anywhere else?

How many chapters is it? And are you offering any money for the artist or is it unpaid?

I don't know yet. Do you have an idea where I could post them in order to get somewhere with my story?

My story contains 5-6 story arcs so around a few hundred chapters.

Since I don't have any income (yet), paid commission is nearly impossible.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 02:17:32 PM »
Well for art the big ones are Deviantart, Tumblr and maybe instagram. For comics specifically you have Tapastic. These are great places to post your art but it is hard to get noticed.

There is also social media.  The big one is obviously facebook. You can create an artist page and post it there and then ask your real life friends to help you by sharing it.  There are also dozens of smaller forums like this one but in my experience getting noticed there is even harder since the traffic is too low to begin with.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:31:20 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 01:03:07 AM »
Something I made 4 U:

Spoiler
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:26:58 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Walter B